Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,991x in 18,674 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moody Mare

@KathyS....Today is my mare's birthday, she's 10.

I went out, fully intending to give her a bath, brush out her mane and tail and, take pictures. I told you, months ago, I would post some.

Well, best laid plans.....haltered her, led her from the barn, over to the wash area and, proceeded to spray her down... starting slow, at the feet, working my way up.

Got her tail washed.... her body wet down....started on the neck/mane. It was a no go.

This horse hates her face getting wet, she's so tall, it's hard to wash the neck and mane....ended up, her running circles around me, like she was longing.

I know....but, with her, I pick my battles, she's a great horse, wouldn't hurt a fly, was super easy to back, the trainer just hopped on, by the end of 3 months, he was working cows with her, not professionally, of course, it was part of the training...... trainer says, she doesn't have a mean bone in her body..... so, being difficult to wash the mane, I don't see as a biggie.

I'll get some pictures, I really will!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abby08 For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (05-31-2018),KathyS (06-05-2018)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,245x in 27,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post

I went out, fully intending to give her a bath, brush out her mane and tail and, take pictures. I told you, months ago, I would post some.

Well, best laid plans.....haltered her, led her from the barn, over to the wash area and, proceeded to spray her down... starting slow, at the feet, working my way up.

Got her tail washed.... her body wet down....started on the neck/mane. It was a no go.
    This horse hates her face getting wet, she's so tall, it's hard to wash the neck and mane....ended up, her running circles around me, like she was longing.

I know....but, with her, I pick my battles, she's a great horse, wouldn't hurt a fly, was super easy to back, the trainer just hopped on, by the end of 3 months, he was working cows with her, not professionally, of course, it was part of the training...... trainer says, she doesn't have a mean bone in her body..... so, being difficult to wash the mane, I don't see as a biggie.

I had a child like that once... but no pictures.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (05-31-2018),KathyS (06-05-2018)

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,562
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    I had a child like that once... but no pictures.
    Haha.... haven't we all..

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd leave that mare be.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,562
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    I'd leave that mare be.
    Why?

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    KathyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,600x in 838 Posts
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw your thread, sorry.

Your dilemma made me lol. BTDT! I start rinsing my horses when they are foals and it helps that Mama likes the water too. By the time they are yearlings, they come running when the see me filling troughs, particularly when temps are 95*+

I look forward to seeing your photos and it doesn't matter to me if they are clean or dirty. I'm sure they are beautiful either way.
    “Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured…but not everyone must prove they are a citizen. And now, any of those who refuse, or are unable, to prove they are citizens will receive free insurance paid for by those who are forced to buy insurance because they are citizens.”

Jim Hays

+ Reply to Thread