User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Should Trump Be Fired for Saying "C*nt"?

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,857x in 10,150 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Uhh….in an attempt to return the thread back to its' subject issue while y'all discuss farm equipment......Dr. Who.....I'm most interested in your opinion on this use of the C word targeted at the President's daughter who is a Mother and Wife. You and I...well...we've had some tangles on this savage language issue.....and I'm curious to hear from you regarding this one. I might be oldschool…..no, I am.....but the C word was the line not crossed word where women were concerned, that always was the lowest of terms when referring to a woman. At the workplace.....it isn't tolerated. At all.

Your opinion on Samantha Bee?
    No liberal will answer that straight out. There's always a deflection to something else. liberals ahve one rule: we make the rules up as we go along.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,344
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Grokmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,815x in 3,968 Posts
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post

Fourteen + years ago. Der....
    De Oppresso Liber

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,857x in 10,150 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    America is a democracy, just not a direct democracy. The only other options to democracy are forms of government that do not elect their leaders, like monarchies and dictatorships.
    We are a republic. We are not a democracy. We elect people to represent us in government. That's a Republic. Jeez Marie, think it through.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,284
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,049x in 8,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    No one has said some states don't have poverty. We have it. We didn't ask the feds to do anything about it. Stop $#@!ing about how much we get when we didn't ask for any of it. It's not any part of our budget.

Your people are the problem. You complain about what you did.
    You might ask your poor whether they don't want the help since they are not refusing it. You don't get to choose for them or deny them a voice. There has never not been poor people in the world. How wretched their lives must be is down to the level of human compassion embraced by the society in which they live and whether that society ensures that they can at least survive and receive medical care.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    We are a republic. We are not a democracy. We elect people to represent us in government. That's a Republic. Jeez Marie, think it through.
    Let's get back to basics, a republic is simply a form of government where the head of state is not a monarch and in most cases where elected individuals represent the people. (There are states that use the term republic but are actually dictatorships) Most governments in the world that are not monarchies or constitutional monarchies are constitutional republics. The term republic is not mutually exclusive from the term democracy. If elected individuals represent the people, it is by definition a democracy, whether it is a direct democracy or not. There are two kinds of democracies - direct democracy and representative democracy. The definition of democracy is a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state. A direct democracy requires each eligible citizen to vote on every aspect of governance directly. A representative democracy is a system of government in which all eligible citizens vote to elect representatives to pass laws for them.

Even constitutional monarchies elect people to represent them in government. They are likewise representative democracies. America is a representative democracy.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,431x in 94,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are too many people using alcohol with good reviews for me to worry about it.

And from what I see alcohol is cheaper than gas. The major problem is the infrastructure to get it to customers.

Anyway we have discussed elsewhere that corn is the worst feed stock for alcohol fuels. The other sources you mention are good. There are also plants that could be planted on land not suited for feed crops that would provide a feed stock as well as prevent desertification. There are a lot of options.

Also forestry and agricultural waste along with the contents of our landfills can be used to make methanol. Methanol can work well with diesel engines as well as with power plants for the farms- they can use the waste that flows into the watershed to power their operations. That is a win-win.
    From what I've been reading ethanol is more expensive than gasoline by about .50/gallon. Perhaps if it were derived from something other than corn, it would be cheaper. It is actually cheaper to produce from sugar cane, but sugar cane isn't really grown in the US. Now sugar beets on the other hand, could make ethanol cheaper to produce in every respect and use far less energy to produce. https://www.renewableenergyworld.com...le-option.html

I don't know that it's just the oil industry that is suggesting that you shouldn't run vehicles on 100% ethanol. It's the manufacturers themselves - at least those that I checked. The plastics and other parts being used in the fuel lines etc are subject to degradation when too much alcohol is in the fuel mixture - the corrosion factor. I'm sure you can order a vehicle that will run on E100 without issues, but it's not just about the software. You don't want corrosion taking place throughout your fuel system. So perhaps by altering the software you can alter the oxygen to fuel mixture and make the vehicle run, but how long it will do so without issues is another story.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (06-02-2018)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    There are too many people using alcohol with good reviews for me to worry about it.

And from what I see alcohol is cheaper than gas. The major problem is the infrastructure to get it to customers.

Anyway we have discussed elsewhere that corn is the worst feed stock for alcohol fuels. The other sources you mention are good. There are also plants that could be planted on land not suited for feed crops that would provide a feed stock as well as prevent desertification. There are a lot of options.

Also forestry and agricultural waste along with the contents of our landfills can be used to make methanol. Methanol can work well with diesel engines as well as with power plants for the farms- they can use the waste that flows into the watershed to power their operations. That is a win-win.
    It was never my intent to argue against biofuels. I just have an issue with corn as a really feasible biofuel source and a few doubts as to whether all current flex-fuel vehicles can easily be converted to E100 with a simple software upgrade.

Mahatma Gandhi

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (06-02-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,431x in 94,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was never my intent to argue against biofuels. I just have an issue with corn as a really feasible biofuel source and a few doubts as to whether all current flex-fuel vehicles can easily be converted to E100 with a simple software upgrade.
    I agree with the first part. I think modern vehicles can handle ethanol. But it really isn't a big issue. We are talking about long term changes. Moving to alcohol fuels (building infrastructure and new engines) will be much better for the environment than the current push for electric vehicles. Electricity is made by power plants that create a lot of pollution- many are still coal powered.

The software upgrade would allow the engine to adjust the fuel to oxygen ratio needed for whatever blend of fuel you are using be it pure gas, E-10, E-50, E-100.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (06-02-2018)

+ Reply to Thread