User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Colorado governor vetoes marijuana ‘tasting rooms’ proposal

  1. #1
    Points: 38,966, Level: 48
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,184
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    6375
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,756
    Points
    38,966
    Level
    48
    Thanks Given
    1,759
    Thanked 2,517x in 1,970 Posts
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Colorado governor vetoes marijuana ‘tasting rooms’ proposal

    DENVER (AP) — Colorado’s governor on Monday vetoed a bill to allow marijuana retailers to set up “tasting rooms,” dashing hopes that the state would be the first to adopt a system letting consumers use marijuana in public spaces.
    Gov. John Hickenlooper has objected to similar bills in the past, arguing it could prompt a federal crackdown. He stayed quiet on the issue during the legislative session this year but wasn’t satisfied with the scaled-back proposal. In a letter explaining the veto, Hickelooper wrote that the bill could have resulted in more impaired drivers on Colorado’s roads and other public health risks.


    “We may agree with the proponents’ goals to protect the public and children; however, we strongly disagree that this bill is the correct path to achieve those goals,” he wrote.
    This year’s proposal dramatically scaled back some advocates’ ambitions for stand-alone businesses reminiscent of a neighborhood bar or an upscale club where marijuana products would replace alcohol. The bill did not allow smoking of marijuana in the establishments and also let local municipalities decide whether to allow the so-called “tasting rooms.”

    https://apnews.com/d14fd24b83124d7b8...ign=SocialFlow

  2. #2
    Points: 136,039, Level: 88
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupVeteran
    Green Arrow's Avatar Overlord
    Karma
    618549
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    44,794
    Points
    136,039
    Level
    88
    Thanks Given
    51,228
    Thanked 23,298x in 15,255 Posts
    Mentioned
    1638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you can have alcohol tastings, you can have weed tastings.
    "Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance."
    - Robert F. Kennedy (1925-1968), U.S. Senator from New York and U.S. Attorney General

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Arrow For This Useful Post:

    donttread (06-05-2018)

  4. #3
    Points: 20,259, Level: 34
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger Second Class
    Dr. Strangelove's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    18139
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N. California, Sierra foothills
    Posts
    7,575
    Points
    20,259
    Level
    34
    Thanks Given
    2,446
    Thanked 1,900x in 1,556 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't want to trigger the crazy Jeff Sessions hatred of the Colorado MJ law, and tasting rooms could do that.
    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. --H.L. Mencken,

  5. #4
    Points: 95,792, Level: 75
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,558
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    78144
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    32,069
    Points
    95,792
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    4,433
    Thanked 10,109x in 7,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    DENVER (AP) — Colorado’s governor on Monday vetoed a bill to allow marijuana retailers to set up “tasting rooms,” dashing hopes that the state would be the first to adopt a system letting consumers use marijuana in public spaces.
    Gov. John Hickenlooper has objected to similar bills in the past, arguing it could prompt a federal crackdown. He stayed quiet on the issue during the legislative session this year but wasn’t satisfied with the scaled-back proposal. In a letter explaining the veto, Hickelooper wrote that the bill could have resulted in more impaired drivers on Colorado’s roads and other public health risks.


    “We may agree with the proponents’ goals to protect the public and children; however, we strongly disagree that this bill is the correct path to achieve those goals,” he wrote.
    This year’s proposal dramatically scaled back some advocates’ ambitions for stand-alone businesses reminiscent of a neighborhood bar or an upscale club where marijuana products would replace alcohol. The bill did not allow smoking of marijuana in the establishments and also let local municipalities decide whether to allow the so-called “tasting rooms.”

    https://apnews.com/d14fd24b83124d7b8...ign=SocialFlow
    But far more dangerous bars are OK? LOL Speaking of which is this governor beholding to Corrs by any chance?
    Last edited by donttread; 06-05-2018 at 10:49 AM.

  6. #5
    Points: 156,436, Level: 94
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 1,414
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    255752
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    69,108
    Points
    156,436
    Level
    94
    Thanks Given
    7,863
    Thanked 24,716x in 18,564 Posts
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
    If you can have alcohol tastings, you can have weed tastings.
    It looks like the Governor of Colorado disagrees with you.

  7. #6
    Points: 156,436, Level: 94
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 1,414
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    255752
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    69,108
    Points
    156,436
    Level
    94
    Thanks Given
    7,863
    Thanked 24,716x in 18,564 Posts
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    But far more dangerous bars are OK? LOL Speaking of which is this governor beholding to Corrs by any chance?
    I can have a beer or a drink and not be intoxicated.

    Can you take one hit off a bowl of weed and not get high?

  8. #7
    Points: 32,281, Level: 43
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    177369
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    14,458
    Points
    32,281
    Level
    43
    Thanks Given
    9
    Thanked 9,050x in 5,845 Posts
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
    If you can have alcohol tastings, you can have weed tastings.

    Possession and consumption of alcohol is not a violation of federal law.
    You should think before you post.
    Gentlemen and ladies, I hate inflation, I hate taxes, and I hate Communism. Do something about it.” Ronald Reagan's instructions to his first assembled Cabinet.

  9. #8
    Points: 136,039, Level: 88
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupVeteran
    Green Arrow's Avatar Overlord
    Karma
    618549
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    44,794
    Points
    136,039
    Level
    88
    Thanks Given
    51,228
    Thanked 23,298x in 15,255 Posts
    Mentioned
    1638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    It looks like the Governor of Colorado disagrees with you.
    So what?
    "Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance."
    - Robert F. Kennedy (1925-1968), U.S. Senator from New York and U.S. Attorney General

  10. #9
    Points: 136,039, Level: 88
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupVeteran
    Green Arrow's Avatar Overlord
    Karma
    618549
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    44,794
    Points
    136,039
    Level
    88
    Thanks Given
    51,228
    Thanked 23,298x in 15,255 Posts
    Mentioned
    1638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    Possession and consumption of alcohol is not a violation of federal law.
    You should think before you post.
    Did you take a nap today? You’re pretty grouchy.
    "Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance."
    - Robert F. Kennedy (1925-1968), U.S. Senator from New York and U.S. Attorney General

  11. #10
    Points: 32,281, Level: 43
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    177369
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    14,458
    Points
    32,281
    Level
    43
    Thanks Given
    9
    Thanked 9,050x in 5,845 Posts
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
    So what?
    So, the bill needs his signature to become law.
    Gentlemen and ladies, I hate inflation, I hate taxes, and I hate Communism. Do something about it.” Ronald Reagan's instructions to his first assembled Cabinet.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO