User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: The First Council of Nicaea

  1. #11
    Original Ranter
    Points: 214,041, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    392767
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    85,662
    Points
    214,041
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    16,773
    Thanked 29,709x in 21,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    882 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I did read every word, Martin Luther was not an irrelevant topic because you mentioned him in your OP. You said he slightly modified the bible in the 16th century. I am wondering why is it that what ever I say no matter what it is makes you so angry? Have I said anything to harm you in any way? I am not going to be so rude as to tell you that you don't know what you are talking about. But I definitely do know what I am talking about. Anyone who reads the Wikipedia link can see what I said in there. I just gave an over all description of the whole, not a word for word court document style. This is just a forum, come on now.
    I mentioned Martin Luther as an aside. He's beside the point. Was that not obvious? What you wanted to do was pretend you had something to say so you went on and on about Luther. You don't. Again, the Council of Nicaea had nothing to do with the bible. The biblical canon wasn't even discussed. Nor did Constantine make any decisions about the bible. Worse still, the Council was one of many held to settle theological and ecclesiastical disputes.

    Yes, please read your Wiki link and you will understand why the council was held, what was addressed and what was agreed upon.

    Third, I'm not "angry" but I you are starting to irritate me.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  2. #12
    Points: 3,308, Level: 13
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocial
    RadioGod's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    417
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    979
    Points
    3,308
    Level
    13
    Thanks Given
    565
    Thanked 407x in 304 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    No, the biblical canon was not even discussed at the Council of Nicaea, no books were "edited" and the doctrine agreed upon was not "new" (lol). Please read the Wiki article JAP supplied. It's something you should both probably do.

    If you want to be her protector at least do it well.
    I didn't "attack" her over Martin Luther. I said her citation was irrelevant.


    Books were excluded, which means when time came to start editing, they were already not in consideration. That is editing.



    Last edited by RadioGod; 06-05-2018 at 03:00 PM.
    I live with a profound happiness that can only be achieved by being hated by Mr.Veritis

  3. #13
    Points: 11,964, Level: 26
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 686
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    19007
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,981
    Points
    11,964
    Level
    26
    Thanks Given
    1,555
    Thanked 968x in 711 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I messed up this post anyways


    Never mind I don't really get into religious arguments because religion is based on an individual persons beliefs and some people can be really extreme. This is not my style. Even though I am saturated with religious knowledge. I understand that there are such differing views regarding religion, and it is best to keep it to ones self when it comes to what you know on religion because many people are so set in their ways and will get violent when it comes to their religious beliefs.

    I only responded because I was sure that this thread was started because I made a comment to Mr V yesterday regarding the council of Nicaea. I get it. I will just say you are correct. That will satisfy me well. I do not wish to engage in something like this.
    You win
    You are right
    conversation over.....

    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 06-05-2018 at 03:26 PM.

  4. #14
    Original Ranter
    Points: 214,041, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    392767
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    85,662
    Points
    214,041
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    16,773
    Thanked 29,709x in 21,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    882 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioGod View Post


    Books were excluded, which means when time came to start editing, they were already not in consideration. That is editing.



    There was nothing under consideration at the council. Please read the Wiki article. Encourage your damsel in distress to do likewise.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  5. #15
    Original Ranter
    Points: 214,041, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    392767
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    85,662
    Points
    214,041
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    16,773
    Thanked 29,709x in 21,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    882 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I messed up this post anyways


    Never mind I don't really get into religious arguments because religion is based on an individual persons beliefs and some people can be really extreme. This is not my style. Even though I am saturated with religious knowledge. I understand that there are such differing views regarding religion, and it is best to keep it to ones self when it comes to what you know on religion because many people are so set in their ways and will get violent when it comes to their religious beliefs.

    I only responded because I was sure that this thread was started because I made a comment to Mr V yesterday regarding the council of Nicaea. I get it. I will just say you are correct. That will satisfy me well. I do not wish to engage in something like this.
    You win
    You are right
    conversation over.....

    It's not a religious argument and we aren't discussing anyone's beliefs. It's not even an argument. I'm the only here who knows anything about this. Leave the history to me. Thanks
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  6. #16
    Points: 11,964, Level: 26
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 686
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    19007
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,981
    Points
    11,964
    Level
    26
    Thanks Given
    1,555
    Thanked 968x in 711 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    It's not a religious argument and we aren't discussing anyone's beliefs. It's not even an argument. I'm the only here who knows anything about this. Leave the history to me. Thanks
    Ok I am at an understanding with you.
    You know everything about past history as well as current history.
    You are the only one who can ever be right.
    I got it!

    I know nothing , have never known nothing, and never will.
    Even if I provide a historical link it is a lie and no matter what I cannot understand it.
    Got it.
    You win
    You are right
    Everything is what you say it is no matter what!
    Conversation over...…...

  7. #17
    Original Ranter
    Points: 214,041, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    392767
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    85,662
    Points
    214,041
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    16,773
    Thanked 29,709x in 21,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    882 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Ok I am at an understanding with you.
    You know everything about past history as well as current history.
    You are the only one who can ever be right.
    I got it!

    I know nothing , have never known nothing, and never will.
    Even if I provide a historical link it is a lie and no matter what I cannot understand it.
    Got it.
    You win
    You are right
    Everything is what you say it is no matter what!
    Conversation over...…...
    lol No, in this case I just know more about the Council of Nicaea and corrected your misconceptions. You don't seem to be able to accept that. Pride? Embarrassed for having believed this bologna for so long? Yeah, I guess I would be too...
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  8. #18
    Points: 28,449, Level: 41
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,201
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    4806
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South Carolina now.
    Posts
    13,512
    Points
    28,449
    Level
    41
    Thanks Given
    22,042
    Thanked 4,798x in 3,758 Posts
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These "early" councils, including Nicea, were to determine what Christianity was. There were fights over whether Jesus was a spirit and not a man and fights over whether Jesus was a man only and whether he was both.

    Yes, certain written teachings were dismissed at Nicea. It didn't put the New Testament together but it did eliminate certain written teachings.

    I know this because I have studied it as well.

    I did the two year Bethel Series and have a son who is an ordained minister with a bachelor's degree in religious studies from Indiana University,three years of divinity school and a Doctorate as well. He knows a bit more than either of us.

    You are not the end all, be all you think you are.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our freedom and our society and our morals.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

    Just AnotherPerson (06-05-2018)

  10. #19
    Original Ranter
    Points: 214,041, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    392767
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    85,662
    Points
    214,041
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    16,773
    Thanked 29,709x in 21,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    882 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    These "early" councils, including Nicea, were to determine what Christianity was. There were fights over whether Jesus was a spirit and not a man and fights over whether Jesus was a man only and whether he was both.

    Yes, certain written teachings were dismissed at Nicea. It didn't put the New Testament together but it did eliminate certain written teachings.

    I know this because I have studied it as well.

    I did the two year Bethel Series and have a son who is an ordained minister with a bachelor's degree in religious studies from Indiana University,three years of divinity school and a Doctorate as well. He knows a bit more than either of us.

    You are not the end all, be all you think you are.
    The council had nothing to do with "putting the New Testament together" and was held primarily to address the Arian controversy. Glad we agree on this, Don. I don't care about your son but if he thinks the council put the bible together or did much of anything beyond trying to settle the Arian controversy he should ask for his money back.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  11. #20
    Points: 28,449, Level: 41
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,201
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    4806
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South Carolina now.
    Posts
    13,512
    Points
    28,449
    Level
    41
    Thanks Given
    22,042
    Thanked 4,798x in 3,758 Posts
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    The council had nothing to do with "putting the New Testament together" and was held primarily to address the Arian controversy. Glad we agree on this, Don. I don't care about your son but if he thinks the council put the bible together or did much of anything beyond trying to settle the Arian controversy he should ask for his money back.
    I did not say the council put the New Testament together. I said it didn't. I said it threw out certain writings. The Bible as we know it came later.

    You should save your snarking until I earn it.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our freedom and our society and our morals.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

    Just AnotherPerson (06-06-2018)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO