User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you are ever feeling down..............

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,553x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are ever feeling down..............

I wanted to share something with anyone who is feeling down.

We all have a time in our life or a day when we just feel down, or when something unfavorable happens in our lives. Our thoughts and emotions are energies that exist within us and they can arise if something brings them up. For instance you can be in a wonderful mood and if someone says something terrible to you, instantly you feel pain. It brings up the pain that is held in your subconscious and it arises to the surface and you experience it. What I have learned is that if those energies can arise when something triggers them, we can also learn to help them to go back down into the subconscious. We can do that by bringing up a different emotion and it will cause a new thought and emotion to be dominate.

So this is a thought experiment that can bring anyone great joy.

I will call it, "There was the time when"

One day I was lying in bed thinking and I was just going on and on in my mind for hours and I started to think of all of the kind deeds that everyone has ever done for me I went one by one everything I could remember, I will give you an example

There was the time when………………………..
    Mom made us amazing breakfasts

Mom sewed me a dress with her own hands

Dad took me fishing on the weekends

Mom baked cookies or cupcakes for my whole class at school.

This practice can go on for hours even days……………….

There are a lot of times. If you ever want to feel a warmth in your heart and smile a genuine smile you can just simply recall all of the kind things that others have done for you. There are sacrifices that others have made on our behalves out of love for us that we will never even know about. But since we cant know them all we just start with the ones we do know about we go through every person through their whole life and think of all the kind deeds others have done for us that made us who we are and made our lives possible.

Without love none of us would exist. Countless good deeds and acts of love have made this moment possible. Beginning with the love of your parents.

Try not to reflect on the negative aspects just the good only and it will nourish your heart. Think of your mother, who cared for you in the womb if she had not cared so dearly you would not have been born she nourished and loved you, then cared for you bathed and clothed and fed you and did countless selfless deeds , sacrificing her own needs to make sure you were loved and cared for, you can follow all of the deeds you know of and possible deeds and you do this for every person you have ever known and soon you will feel a glow of love in your heart and you will see how much love has been given to you in your life and it will make joy bloom in your heart.

When a person does a kind deed towards us it is not for their self it is a moment that they put their self aside and sacrifice their self in the hopes that you might have one moment of happiness, that is called love. We exist because of that love.

Then next we go one by one and reflect on all of the kind deeds we have done for others and remember the care we felt and love while doing those selfless acts for others that is also very nourishing. Try to see every kind thing you have ever done for anyone, even saving lives of animals. All the sacrifices you have made for your family, just every single little detail.

You will be nourished by the love and joy that it brings you to remember these warm moments. Because when you remember those moments the love and joy that was in your heart re-manifests, it re-emerges, it is real. You can re-experience the love again and again and nourish your whole being. It also helps you to see how important you are. And how without you and your love that others joy would not have been possible in those moments. You will see that your worth is so much. You also see that the without the love of others all of this could not be as it is. You will see the interconnectedness of the web of love and kindness that has flowed you forward in your life.

Everything in the universe exists because of kindness, you can clearly see how when things cease to be it is sometimes because of an unkindness like the depletion of oil in the earth or the extinction of animals. But the things that do exist are existing because of love. A baby kitten is given love the moment it is born. A tree sends its nourishment to saplings nearby like a mother feeding her baby. The baby in your womb receives love regardless of your effort nature is giving love, the umbilical cord is giving life and love. The air we breathe gives us life that is a love. The earth heals and nourishes us. All beings coexisting together and working to produce puts food on our plates and in the stores and houses to live in.

Granted things are made out of greed but those who work in the factories work because of love. They want to feed their children, and families. The kindness that we receive is infinite. When we take a bite of food we are receiving kindness and love from the entire universe. We receive love directly and indirectly from all of life there is no way to count all of the kindness in the universe, it is without number. The vegetables receive the sunshine and grow out of the star dust we call dirt. There is an interaction of love when the sun light goes into the vegetables, the rain falls on the vegetables, and the whole cosmos comes together to bring us one piece of fruit or one vegetable.

Everything is like that it takes every action that has ever existed to bring this one moment into existence. In this moment all of time exists it is where we enter the timeless. All of the past of the whole universe was set in motion to bring forth this one moment in time, and all of the future also exists in this moment because this moment determines what all future moments will bring. But it is love and kindness that keeps the flow of time moving.

When you take a bite of the fruit or vegetable, or any food you are eating star dust rain sunlight, and it goes into your body, in fact you do not become stardust you already were even before you were born. You existed in exploding stars, you crashed to the shores in the form of waves on the ocean, you shined out into the heavens in the form of the sun. You are made of the whole universe. There is no part of you that is separate from anything else in the whole universe, you are made of all that is, and in the stillness the universe breathes with your lungs the ocean cries with your tears , and the essence of all that is sees through your eyes. And from moment to moment the universe is in motion and there was never a time that you have not already existed, and there is never a time when you will cease to be because you are what the universe is.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (06-06-2018),Common (06-06-2018),ODB (06-07-2018),Orion Rules (06-06-2018),spunkloaf (06-07-2018)

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    ODB's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 440x in 295 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This reminds me of something I studied years ago, that I also found useful - PEAT (Primordial Energy Activation and Transcendence).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ODB For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (06-07-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,118x in 94,140 Posts
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also do the reverse- there will be a time when....
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 893
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    rcfieldz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,123x in 892 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone misses their mom.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,118x in 94,140 Posts
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depression can be addressed with a good diet or supplement program.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 1,195
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,441x in 14,732 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I wanted to share something with anyone who is feeling down.

We all have a time in our life or a day when we just feel down, or when something unfavorable happens in our lives. Our thoughts and emotions are energies that exist within us and they can arise if something brings them up. For instance you can be in a wonderful mood and if someone says something terrible to you, instantly you feel pain. It brings up the pain that is held in your subconscious and it arises to the surface and you experience it. What I have learned is that if those energies can arise when something triggers them, we can also learn to help them to go back down into the subconscious. We can do that by bringing up a different emotion and it will cause a new thought and emotion to be dominate.

So this is a thought experiment that can bring anyone great joy.

I will call it, "There was the time when"

One day I was lying in bed thinking and I was just going on and on in my mind for hours and I started to think of all of the kind deeds that everyone has ever done for me I went one by one everything I could remember, I will give you an example

Mom made us amazing breakfasts

Mom sewed me a dress with her own hands

Dad took me fishing on the weekends

Mom baked cookies or cupcakes for my whole class at school.

This practice can go on for hours even days……………….

There are a lot of times. If you ever want to feel a warmth in your heart and smile a genuine smile you can just simply recall all of the kind things that others have done for you. There are sacrifices that others have made on our behalves out of love for us that we will never even know about. But since we cant know them all we just start with the ones we do know about we go through every person through their whole life and think of all the kind deeds others have done for us that made us who we are and made our lives possible.

Without love none of us would exist. Countless good deeds and acts of love have made this moment possible. Beginning with the love of your parents.

Try not to reflect on the negative aspects just the good only and it will nourish your heart. Think of your mother, who cared for you in the womb if she had not cared so dearly you would not have been born she nourished and loved you, then cared for you bathed and clothed and fed you and did countless selfless deeds , sacrificing her own needs to make sure you were loved and cared for, you can follow all of the deeds you know of and possible deeds and you do this for every person you have ever known and soon you will feel a glow of love in your heart and you will see how much love has been given to you in your life and it will make joy bloom in your heart.

When a person does a kind deed towards us it is not for their self it is a moment that they put their self aside and sacrifice their self in the hopes that you might have one moment of happiness, that is called love. We exist because of that love.

Then next we go one by one and reflect on all of the kind deeds we have done for others and remember the care we felt and love while doing those selfless acts for others that is also very nourishing. Try to see every kind thing you have ever done for anyone, even saving lives of animals. All the sacrifices you have made for your family, just every single little detail.

You will be nourished by the love and joy that it brings you to remember these warm moments. Because when you remember those moments the love and joy that was in your heart re-manifests, it re-emerges, it is real. You can re-experience the love again and again and nourish your whole being. It also helps you to see how important you are. And how without you and your love that others joy would not have been possible in those moments. You will see that your worth is so much. You also see that the without the love of others all of this could not be as it is. You will see the interconnectedness of the web of love and kindness that has flowed you forward in your life.

Everything in the universe exists because of kindness, you can clearly see how when things cease to be it is sometimes because of an unkindness like the depletion of oil in the earth or the extinction of animals. But the things that do exist are existing because of love. A baby kitten is given love the moment it is born. A tree sends its nourishment to saplings nearby like a mother feeding her baby. The baby in your womb receives love regardless of your effort nature is giving love, the umbilical cord is giving life and love. The air we breathe gives us life that is a love. The earth heals and nourishes us. All beings coexisting together and working to produce puts food on our plates and in the stores and houses to live in.

Granted things are made out of greed but those who work in the factories work because of love. They want to feed their children, and families. The kindness that we receive is infinite. When we take a bite of food we are receiving kindness and love from the entire universe. We receive love directly and indirectly from all of life there is no way to count all of the kindness in the universe, it is without number. The vegetables receive the sunshine and grow out of the star dust we call dirt. There is an interaction of love when the sun light goes into the vegetables, the rain falls on the vegetables, and the whole cosmos comes together to bring us one piece of fruit or one vegetable.

Everything is like that it takes every action that has ever existed to bring this one moment into existence. In this moment all of time exists it is where we enter the timeless. All of the past of the whole universe was set in motion to bring forth this one moment in time, and all of the future also exists in this moment because this moment determines what all future moments will bring. But it is love and kindness that keeps the flow of time moving.

When you take a bite of the fruit or vegetable, or any food you are eating star dust rain sunlight, and it goes into your body, in fact you do not become stardust you already were even before you were born. You existed in exploding stars, you crashed to the shores in the form of waves on the ocean, you shined out into the heavens in the form of the sun. You are made of the whole universe. There is no part of you that is separate from anything else in the whole universe, you are made of all that is, and in the stillness the universe breathes with your lungs the ocean cries with your tears , and the essence of all that is sees through your eyes. And from moment to moment the universe is in motion and there was never a time that you have not already existed, and there is never a time when you will cease to be because you are what the universe is.

Positive distraction of sorts?

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    spunkloaf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 807x in 609 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Depression can be addressed with a good diet or supplement program.
    Vitamin D.

I love the D.
    Faith can move mountains, but don't forget to bring your shovel.

+ Reply to Thread