User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Democracy is not dead...... It never lived!

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    If you want to believe you are better because you feel more that is fine. I will continue to use an objective measure of worth, how much we are paid.

If a person chooses to be poor, and many do, they have no claim on my wealth as I have chosen to be worth more.
    You do not know if you have more wealth that the other forum members. You do not know. If a person has wealth they usually don't brag about it. All of that wealth if you did have it would render worthless on the last day.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What evidence would that be? I enjoy coming here to punch holes is your poor arguments. I have the leisure time to do it because I was worth more. In addition the jobs I had were fun jobs, satisfying, creative, and innovative.

Every morning I sit on my deck enjoying my first cup of coffee. I feed the bluejays cat food and delight in their antics as they try to outwit me. I have one racoon who believes she is a pet. She comes three or four times a day for a meal. This evening she laid down under the table near my feet to enjoy the cool shade under the table.

My biggest challenge has been letting go of the thousands of hardbound books in my library.
    This is a schizophrenic form of better and lower.
    The part about sitting on the deck I consider that to be in the category of better. You get a point there.
    But then you come into a forum and beat others down telling them they are worthless, that is a lower. You loose a point there.
    In the end you break even and are just like everyone else, for better or for worse.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,392x in 27,950 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    You do not know if you have more wealth that the other forum members. You do not know. If a person has wealth they usually don't brag about it. All of that wealth if you did have it would render worthless on the last day.
    I know what I earned. My point was more about the choices we make. I chose books, study and practice. Others chose drinking, television and whoring.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a schizophrenic form of better and lower.
    The part about sitting on the deck I consider that to be in the category of better. You get a point there.
    But then you come into a forum and beat others down telling them they are worthless, that is a lower. You loose a point there.
    In the end you break even and are just like everyone else, for better or for worse.
    Not worthless. Worth less.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Captdon (06-12-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what I earned. My point was more about the choices we make. I chose books, study and practice. Others chose drinking, television and whoring.
    You do not know who chose drinking and whoring where do you get that? How do you know if a person studied or not?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do not know who chose drinking and whoring where do you get that? How do you know if a person studied or not?
    Those of us who spent our time ready, studying and practicing have done very well. If you haven't it is because you did other things with your time.

I know people who have huge screen TVs but no books. I have huge numbers of books but no large screen TVs. I chose a path that led to greater income and more interesting work. Others imbibed and watched television.
    Last edited by MisterVeritis; 06-11-2018 at 10:35 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not worthless. Worth less.
    But you make sure to tell it to them in a way that means they are worthless.
    Do you think anyone would like to be told that?

Me personally I don't mind if you call me worthless, because I know what I am and am not.
    But to others they might get hurt. That is the only reason i'm saying anything. Because I see you
    telling it to others every day and it's not nice.

I didn't even mind when you said I was drinking and whoring and all that, to me it was funny. When you
    say it to me we can have a good laugh. But when you say it to others it is just wrong. When you told it to
    me I laughed a lot. I know that you know nothing about me, and I will not defend my character or tell you
    what my character is because it does not matter here.

If you mean that you have more money than others you could say I have a high net worth.
    But instead you said I have more worth. I am worth more than you because I am better than you and I was awesome and studious and you were a looser drunk whor#. That is no way to treat your company now MR V.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those of us who spent out time ready, studying and practicing have done very well. If you haven't it is because you did other things with your time.

I know people who have huge screen TVs but no books. I have huge numbers of books but no large screen TVs. I chose a path that led to greater income and more interesting work. Others imbibed and watched television.
    I would defend but I do not need to. I will not tell you things to make myself look better. There is no need. Those are things that do not matter.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,260
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,049x in 8,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am measuring on how much I was paid versus how much others are paid.

It is the best measure available to us.

This is fascinating, mindless drivel. If you want to be worth more you must work.
    Material success alone is a hollow and lonely thing. It doesn't bring joy or peace. At the end of it all, it's just stuff that you leave behind.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But you make sure to tell it to them in a way that means they are worthless.
    Do you think anyone would like to be told that?

Me personally I don't mind if you call me worthless, because I know what I am and am not.
    But to others they might get hurt. That is the only reason i'm saying anything. Because I see you
    telling it to others every day and it's not nice.

I didn't even mind when you said I was drinking and whoring and all that, to me it was funny. When you
    say it to me we can have a good laugh. But when you say it to others it is just wrong. When you told it to
    me I laughed a lot. I know that you know nothing about me, and I will not defend my character or tell you
    what my character is because it does not matter here.

If you mean that you have more money than others you could say I have a high net worth.
    But instead you said I have more worth. I am worth more than you because I am better than you and I was awesome and studious and you were a looser drunk whor#. That is no way to treat your company now MR V.
    Worth more. Worth less. Each of us choose.

+ Reply to Thread