Members banned from this thread: MisterVeritis

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: How to stop a school shooter? Something for you to consider personally!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    I provided services in exchange for compensation. I threw in the scars and the pain for free.
    Every government agent in history was providing services in exchange for compensation. The question is whether or not Americans would have paid for those services voluntarily in light of the truth. And the answer to that question is obviously no, which is why the US government must extract the money through coercive and fraudulent means. If you and other militarists had to rely on the voluntary contributions of other Americans, you'd get virtually nothing because nobody actually wants to spend their money on esoteric military operations that have no concrete relation to the defense of this country.

I am not attacking your patriotism. I am attacking your lack of patriotism. I don't even think you know what patriotism is. It is not blindly approving of anything your government does, but it is also not spouting off with foaming at the mouth rants about how evil it is.
    Whatever you decide to call it, it is an attack. So when you attack me, I will respond by pointing out the reasons for your attacks. And the main reason for your attacks has nothing to do with "patriotism", however you're defining it, but with your subconscious need to rationalize and justify your participation in a blood-thirsty military empire.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,251x in 27,872 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    It's not a deflection. The reason why you two goons accuse me of being "anti-American" is because I vigorously and effectively attack the unearned privileges you accrued as a result of your careers in government.
    No. You haven't. You criticize things that we should be critical of. And then you criticize everything else. I believe you have gradually become ever more anti-American over the last few years. I see no favorable outcome for you.

That is okay with me.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You aren't fooling anyone except yourself.
    Ditto.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every dollar you've received in service of the US empire and its national security state was unearned. Nobody would pay you a dime if they weren't being coerced and defrauded by the government. Normally, I wouldn't even begrudge you this, since you are just a cog in the machine, but when you attack my patriotism, I feel compelled to point out the reasons why you do it. Americans need to understand that men like you and Mister V are driven more by pecuniary interests than by any coherent sense of patriotism. Americans need to understand that mountains of cash are being flushed down a toilet by liars and frauds and that the beneficiaries of this fraud (people like you and Mister V) will say whatever they need to say in order to defend their position.
    LOL.

Nonsense.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    No. You haven't. You criticize things that we should be critical of. And then you criticize everything else. I believe you have gradually become ever more anti-American over the last few years. I see no favorable outcome for you.

That is okay with me.
    Your beliefs are often absurd and baseless. This time is no different.

Criticism of the US government is not anti-American. To suggest otherwise is itself anti-American.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL.

Nonsense.
    I hit the nail on the head.

You and Cletus are both beneficiaries of empire, which is why you label any criticism of that empire as "anti-American".

Not only are such labels incredibly sophomoric, but they are incredibly ironic as well, since the people who founded America strongly inveighed against the dangers of empire and foreign military intervention.

Listening to you two is sort of like listening to Big Brother from 1984: It's a total inversion of reality.
    --John Adams

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your beliefs are often absurd and baseless. This time is no different.

Criticism of the US government is not anti-American. To suggest otherwise is itself anti-American.
    Fascinating. It is possible I have some beliefs that are baseless. I cannot tell.

I have no doubt someone as anti-American as you would believe my beliefs are absurd. I think I can bear the burden.

Perhaps you find solace and support for your nonstop criticisms in the anti-American circles within which you find yourself.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hit the nail on the head.
    You and Cletus are both beneficiaries of empire, which is why you label any criticism of that empire as "anti-American".
    Not only are such labels incredibly sophomoric, but they are incredibly ironic as well, since the people who founded America strongly inveighed against the dangers of empire and foreign military intervention.
    Listening to you two is sort of like listening to Big Brother from 1984: It's a total inversion of reality.
    This makes me smile. When did you first transition from citizen to enemy?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fascinating. It is possible I have some beliefs that are baseless. I cannot tell.

I have no doubt someone as anti-American as you would believe my beliefs are absurd. I think I can bear the burden.

Perhaps you find solace and support for your nonstop criticisms in the anti-American circles within which you find yourself.
    Objecting to the lies and corruption of the US government may seem anti-American to the quislings who benefit from the lies and corruption, but to everyone else, it is a perfect example of American patriotism.
    --John Adams

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Orion Rules (06-11-2018)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Objecting to the lies and corruption of the US government may seem anti-American to the quislings who benefit from the lies and corruption, but to everyone else, it is a perfect example of American patriotism.
    If you didn't complain that everything is a lie and every action is corrupt you would be more believable.

+ Reply to Thread