Members banned from this thread: MisterVeritis

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: How to stop a school shooter? Something for you to consider personally!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,491x in 25,976 Posts
    Mentioned
    1166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    If you didn't complain that everything is a lie and every action is corrupt you would be more believable.
    I don't really care if people like you find me believable or not. Your time is coming to an end. Trump is the last gasp of your failed generation. Cleaning up the mess you left behind will be hard work, but we're up to it.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,097x in 27,769 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I don't really care if people like you find me believable or not. Your time is coming to an end. Trump is the last gasp of your failed generation. Cleaning up the mess you left behind will be hard work, but we're up to it.
    If you grow up you may discover things are not so simple as your youthful exuberance lead you to believe.

It doesn't really matter. When I die the probleems will be all yours to solve. Best wishes.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,304
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,341x in 15,822 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every government agent in history was providing services in exchange for compensation. The question is whether or not Americans would have paid for those services voluntarily in light of the truth. And the answer to that question is obviously no, which is why the US government must extract the money through coercive and fraudulent means.

I am pretty sure that if you asked them, most Americans would favor maintaining an Army.

Whatever you decide to call it, it is an attack. So when you attack me, I will respond by pointing out the reasons for your attacks.

Okay, here is where we separate the adults from the juveniles in the room. You perceive attacks on your ideas and rhetoric as attacks on YOU. The truth is, you pose no threat to me, so I would not waste any time attacking you. You are no more threatening to me than a Chihuahua. Your rhetoric however, is a slightly different story. The vast majority of what you post is just biluious bull$#@! and most people see right through that, so it is of no real consequence. Unfortunately, we do have a few members who may be susceptible to your silly talk of conspiracies and the evil of the US Government and the shadowy forces pulling the strings and really running the show.

Those people need someone to point out that you really haven't done $#@! and don't know $#@! about $#@!. You don't like that, so you are actually the one who goes on attack. Fortunately for all, you really aren't very good at that, either.

And the main reason for your attacks has nothing to do with "patriotism", however you're defining it, but with your subconscious need to rationalize and justify your participation in a blood-thirsty military empire.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (06-11-2018)

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just AnotherPerson, post #1:
    How to stop a school shooter? Something for you to consider personally!

Heres a scenario...........

You have a guy he is highly wanted, he is a real bad guy. We are not 100% for sure if he really is a bad guy but we got intelligence from a source saying he is. That bad guy is running from the police he goes into one of our schools during shcool hours it is a school your own child attends, and the bad guy shields himself with the children in the school.

We really need to get this guy. So we call in an air strike and Blow up the whole school. A few hundred innocent children die. But we got our guy.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Of course NOT! This is something that is not even fathomable let alone considerable.

Then why do we do it in other nations without batting an eye? Our goverments have gotten us to accept absurdities.

This is what we are partaking in. It happens many times per year the bad guys hide among civilians and we call in an air strike and take out the whole building. Sometime it is based on bad intel too. They are not always guilty. We pay people to tell on others and so they can make up lies if they are desperate for money.

What do you think is the right thing to do?

Surely we are better than this. A culling of the innocent is taking place in our name.
    Post #2:
    Peter1469: Because they aren't our kids in your example.

With the terrorist situation, they are violating international law by using civilians as shields. And if we are only dealing with the one person as you presented an elite team may be able to get into position to kill him without the civilians being harmed.

But, to the root of your thread: I don't see the West not attacking terrorist targets because civilians are around. If your goal is that we just give up to avoid civilian deaths- I think that is not likely to happen.
    Per her example given in post #1, she was speaking of two situations it seems, not just one. You're right, none of them are your children, so how could you ever care for another person? Ya, if it was you being held in a hostage-crisis situation, you would want all of the consideration.

To Peter1469, post #3:

Posted by Just AnotherPerson:
    Your rationale means that only children on US soil matter, that is not human!
    Post # 10:
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    YOU made it about a school shooting, here, in this country. Don't move the goal posts...and you made up the scenario. What if, what if, what if...........what if doesn't feed the cat.
    What if the fricking sun blows up tomorrow?
    Well, with your attitude, it might do that, as false pride is found to be shallow.

At post #5, Just AnotherPerson wrote:
    What do you think? I have already said it time and time again.

We kill just the bad guy. It is unjustifiable to blow up the whole building to get one bad guy when we know there are innocent civilians being used as shields. To use a bomb is just lazy. Send in a team, or wait him out. We have tech now that can see and hear through walls and bullets that can go through walls too. There are better ways.

If it was your childs school you would not agree that you should blow it up no way in hell! You would go in yourself and take the guy out with your bare hands if needed. Because you child is precious!

So why then are children of other nations not treated just as precious as our own children?

Do you not see the absurdity? That is the point of this thread. Some are just ignorant, but some of us have no humanity and do not deserve the designation human being.
    It seems clear enough what you meant right from the beginning.
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Orion Rules For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (06-11-2018)

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,310x in 10,922 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    That is the best part!
    warning

Warning

TB'd for Responding to Moderation

If you have questions or concerns about this moderation action, please use the Report button to let us know.

Infraction will follow
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,491x in 25,976 Posts
    Mentioned
    1166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    I am pretty sure that if you asked them, most Americans would favor maintaining an Army.
    But they would not favor maintaining a bloated one that engages in rampant imperialism, which is why the government must extract the wealth from them using coercion and fraud instead of relying on their voluntary contributions. As a direct beneficiary of that coercion and fraud, you label any criticism of it "anti-American" in a sophomoric attempt to protect your unearned privileges. I see right through you.

Okay, here is where we separate the adults from the juveniles in the room. You perceive attacks on your ideas and rhetoric as attacks on YOU. The truth is, you pose no threat to me, so I would not waste any time attacking you. You are no more threatening to me than a Chihuahua. Your rhetoric however, is a slightly different story. The vast majority of what you post is just biluious bull$#@! and most people see right through that, so it is of no real consequence. Unfortunately, we do have a few members who may be susceptible to your silly talk of conspiracies and the evil of the US Government and the shadowy forces pulling the strings and really running the show.

Those people need someone to point out that you really haven't done $#@! and don't know $#@! about $#@!. You don't like that, so you are actually the one who goes on attack. Fortunately for all, you really aren't very good at that, either.

And the main reason for your attacks has nothing to do with "patriotism", however you're defining it, but with your subconscious need to rationalize and justify your participation in a blood-thirsty military empire.
    You're totally delusional. You attack other posters constantly and without provocation simply because they express an opinion you do not agree with. You seem to believe that insults are a valid form of argument, probably because you spent so much time barking orders at subordinates while you were in the Army. The truth is you cannot challenge me intellectually, so you must resort to infantile personal attacks and the like. And when your insults rightly result in a thread-ban or an infraction, you immediately whine and cry about the MODS even though they treat you with exceptional leniency.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 06-12-2018 at 05:23 PM.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,304
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,341x in 15,822 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But they would not favor maintaining a bloated one that engages in rampant imperialism, which is why the government must extract the wealth from them using coercion and fraud instead of relying on their voluntary contributions. As a direct beneficiary of that coercion and fraud, you label any criticism of it "anti-American" in a sophomoric attempt to protect your unearned privileges. I see right through you.
    I asked you before to specify those "unearned privileges". You haven't done it. You haven't done it because you know you are talking out your ass (as usual). You are a bitter little boy who didn't go as far as you thought you should have in the Crotch. You were most likely a minimal performer who thought you were better than your superiors and resented taking orders from them. I have seen your type before and believe me, you don't impress anyone but yourselves.

You're totally delusional. You attack other posters constantly and without provocation simply because they express an opinion you do not agree with. You seem to believe that insults are a valid form of argument, probably because you spent so much time barking orders at subordinates while you were in the Army. The truth is you cannot challenge me intellectually, so you must resort to infantile personal attacks and the like. And when your insults rightly result in a thread-ban or an infraction, you immediately whine and cry about the MODS even though they treat you with exceptional leniency.
    You are an intellectual midget. You are no challenge... intellectually or otherwise.

Keep pretending you know things if it makes you feel better and I'll keep laughing at you. That should work out for both of us. Now, if you really feel the need to keep whining, do it by PM. It will keep you from boring the $#@! out of everyone else and it will give me a closed venue to tell you what I really think of you.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (06-12-2018),stjames1_53 (07-13-2018)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    ... So why then are children of other nations not treated just as precious as our own children?

Do you not see the absurdity?
    Yes, yes I do.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 1,456
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,131x in 20,215 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what mess? Lowering taxes, controlling the border, increasing our GDP? How is that a mess?
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

13. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

ODB (07-13-2018)

+ Reply to Thread