User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Even some soldiers are against killing the innocent!

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,623x in 14,844 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Soldiers are more opposed to war than most. They understand what it’s all about.

Experienced soldiers maybe but not 18 and 19 year olds. They don't even have fully developed brains yet and can't legally buy a drink. They have a TV/Movie glorified view of war until they are there and realize they are fighting for ... what.... corporate glory. ?

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,623x in 14,844 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    That is why we are winning. Trump let the military handle use of force as opposed to Obama who miro-managed from the White House. If you are an innocent little Afghan girl and some bad men set up an anti-aircraft gun in your garden, there is a good chance that you are going to die. Blame the bad men for your untimely death.
    Great justification. but past history tells us that we would likely revert to killing civilians to force surrender if we could do it without the media seeing it. Oh wait, that doesn't work in a war zone that has little direct effect on us and where those we fight don't care about the civilians . So what , sorry little african girl but your sacrifice will help make a few Americans and Britts rich?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,539x in 55,961 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Corporate glory.

Hilarious.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,389x in 94,875 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Great justification. but past history tells us that we would likely revert to killing civilians to force surrender if we could do it without the media seeing it. Oh wait, that doesn't work in a war zone that has little direct effect on us and where those we fight don't care about the civilians . So what , sorry little african girl but your sacrifice will help make a few Americans and Britts rich?
    You have less of a clue than Ransom.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (06-10-2018),Tahuyaman (06-12-2018)

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,857x in 10,150 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter how many times you bring this up, no matter how many angles you try to use, no matter how many what if's you are still wrong.

If the enemy is fighting from civilian areas civilians are going to die. You blame us instead of the guilty ones. When civilians see the enemy in their neighborhoods they should run away. If not, they should hope we miss and we don't.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    No matter how many times you bring this up, no matter how many angles you try to use, no matter how many what if's you are still wrong.

If the enemy is fighting from civilian areas civilians are going to die. You blame us instead of the guilty ones. When civilians see the enemy in their neighborhoods they should run away. If not, they should hope we miss and we don't.
    Say what you want. But I know that you care about your family so much that when Mr D said something about your son it made you so angry. When Mr V said your children were expendable you told him, his first. I wouldn't even have thought you would chime in here when you had such awesome admirable conviction. I was actually proud of you then. What a double standard.

This thread was not meant for you. It was for the people who were telling me that children were expendable. Just the other day you were fighting with MR V about it not being right, and you were angry, and suddenly you have changed your opinion. I am not understanding where you are coming from.

Is it that MR V was wrong when he spoke of killing children on our soil? But I am wrong when I speak against killing children on another soil? So only American children's lives are too precious to loose? Is that what you are saying?

I argued with others in another thread and I said most of the exact same things that the soldiers are saying in these videos. And, this was my first time seeing the videos I found them for the thread. I was told I was lying and making stuff up. If you read the thread you will see. I provided it to help people to see the truths of war, as well as to back up what I was saying to those who called me a liar. If I am wrong and all of these soldiers are wrong, then who is right? Are all of those soldiers wrong? That is only a sliver of videos that exist. There are more.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 06-10-2018 at 08:34 PM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,354x in 27,929 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Say what you want. But I know that you care about your family so much that when Mr D said something about your son it made you so angry. When Mr V said your children were expendable you told him, his first. I wouldn't even have thought you would chime in here when you had such awesome admirable conviction. I was actually proud of you then. What a double standard.

This thread was not meant for you. It was for the people who were telling me that children were expendable. Just the other day you were fighting with MR V about it not being right, and you were angry, and suddenly you have changed your opinion. I am not understanding where you are coming from.

Is it that MR V was wrong when he spoke of killing children on our soil? But I am wrong when I speak against killing children on another soil? So only American children's lives are too precious to loose? Is that what you are saying?

I argued with others in another thread and I said most of the exact same things that the soldiers are saying in these videos. And, this was my first time seeing the videos I found them for the thread. I was told I was lying and making stuff up. If you read the thread you will see. I provided it to help people to see the truths of war, as well as to back up what I was saying to those who called me a liar. If I am wrong and all of these soldiers are wrong, then who is right? Are all of those soldiers wrong? That is only a sliver of videos that exist. There are more.
    Any life may be taken in war. I do not know any soldier, sailor, airman or marine who would take a civilian's life unnecessarily.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RadioGod's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 915x in 631 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post

What is truly amazing, is no matter how many times she tries to explain it, JAP consistently gets ripped for being against unnecessary civilian casualties. It's like it offends people's ideas they should be able to kill indescriminately. That type of minset involves several strange things, one being the dehumanization of the enemy, so nothing is off the table. Another is the revenge factor, which is blinding and doesn't have much to do with justice, or even a reckoning. But I will say this, at least you guys have softened from "killing haji's", and "better ten of them than 1 of us", to "civilian casualties are unavoidable".
    I live with a profound happiness that can only be achieved by being hated by Mr.Veritis

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RadioGod For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (06-10-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Any life may be taken in war. I do not know any soldier, sailor, airman or marine who would take a civilian's life unnecessarily.
    You ae speaking with a different tune than you have been for the past few days. But you do Err I provided videos of many soldiers saying lives are taken unnecessarily. They must all be liars.

You and I argued in your thread you said casualties were acceptable. I said not when there are peaceful means. For days I have been being told why the enemy can be killed. Some explained it in a nicer way and many said it in a vile way unacceptable to all of humanity.

The things you are proposing to do to our nation are extreme terrorism. You have plans for the destruction of your nation.

All wars are unnecessary because wars are fought because of corporate greed. So the innocent die for greed. Its not acceptable! You are 65 years old and you are still alive. For the last 65 years you have always had water and always had food or you wouldn't be alive. That is self preservation. I wonder how many times in those 65 years that you were sick and something like an antibiotic saved you. Or you had a close call and lived. That is self preservation. We all cling to life and try to live no matter what. Why should another human being not be given the same regard? In your 65 years you have sought for comfort and you now seek the refuge of your 5,000 book library for solace. You often keep company with your "lowers". You do not treat your only company very well either, but not all that bad either, and you are likeable for some odd reason, and have a witty sense of humor. But that is your life of comfort that you choose to live. Should not others be given those same rights?

If you truly are my better, don't you think it is time you act like it?
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

RadioGod (06-10-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 06-11-2018 at 01:21 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Orion Rules (06-12-2018)

+ Reply to Thread