Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    How does being an unethical businessman, an immoral man and a self-centered, obnoxious, SOB translate to good Presidential material? Anyone who has screwed over as many people as he has will have no problem screwing over the American public, not that it hasn't been screwed over before. The only difference is that Trump will have succeeded like no other President in also burning bridges with all of America's allies in the process, not to mention the detrimental effect on the balance of trade. That's eventually going to cost everyone.

A few thousand steel and aluminum workers will be better off, while far more auto workers and parts industry workers lose their jobs, along with a few more thousand small businesses that will become uncompetitive. Let's not also forget all of the people who will now be taking a hit on all manner of goods not manufactured in America.

However, if it turns out that all of this is his strategy to get what he wants, trade will remain in place, but America will be despised in the world.
    I often hear the "America will be despised in the world" as you said... Until the tsunami kills 250,000 in Southeast Asia and we park our aircraft carriers off-shore supplying electricity to shore while ferrying food and water off-ship to the devastated survivors.

You misplace your hatred of Trump with the reality of transitory Presidential administrations and the continued strength of the USA. A strength that no one POTUS can destroy.
    Last edited by jimmyz; 06-12-2018 at 08:08 PM.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

+ Reply to Thread