User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 247

Thread: U.S.-North Korea agreement signed by Trump, Kim

  1. #61
    Points: 23,300, Level: 37
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,050
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    4092
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South Carolina now.
    Posts
    11,078
    Points
    23,300
    Level
    37
    Thanks Given
    17,885
    Thanked 4,083x in 3,188 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Trump is throwing out decades of neocon dogma and you think you're winning? That's hilarious.

    Trump's decision to meet with Kim Jong-Un broke with decades of neocon tradition of refusing to negotiate.

    And now Trump has pledged to end the provocative military exercises that neocons have considered necessary.

    Oh, and lest we forget, candidate Trump ran on his opposition to the Iraq war, the neocon war, which he labeled a disaster.

    Trump's instincts on North Korea and many other foreign policy issues run totally contrary to neocon lunatics. He just has to learn to follow his instincts instead of being baited by chicken-hawk desk-jockeys into pursuing the failed policies of neocons.
    Trump didn't end them. He can start them again and will if he doesn't see anything from Kim and soon.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our freedom and our society and our morals.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

    MisterVeritis (06-12-2018)

  3. #62
    Points: 159,349, Level: 95
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 2,301
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    256514
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    70,450
    Points
    159,349
    Level
    95
    Thanks Given
    8,068
    Thanked 25,478x in 19,146 Posts
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Trump didn't end them. He can start them again and will if he doesn't see anything from Kim and soon.

    Isn't it amazing how utterly stupid some people can be?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (06-13-2018)

  5. #63
    Points: 159,349, Level: 95
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 2,301
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    256514
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    70,450
    Points
    159,349
    Level
    95
    Thanks Given
    8,068
    Thanked 25,478x in 19,146 Posts
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Trump has the right instincts, but he's surrounded by a swamp of warmongers and their war-profiteering confederates who will never accept peace on fair and reasonable terms, so I remain skeptical of Trump's ability to pull this off.

    Current events don't support your view.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (06-13-2018),MMC (06-13-2018)

  7. #64
    Points: 159,349, Level: 95
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 2,301
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    256514
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    70,450
    Points
    159,349
    Level
    95
    Thanks Given
    8,068
    Thanked 25,478x in 19,146 Posts
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    Well, tRump gave up joint exercises with South Korea.

    What did North Korea give up?

    Nothing.

    Fail.
    Trump gave up nothing. Supposedly North Korea committed to giving up all nuclear weapons and dismantling any nuclear facilities.



    If this event had happened in 2010 with then president Obama, you'd be calling it the single greatest accomplishment of any American president in history.



    You're a complete partisan hack.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (06-13-2018),Ransom (06-13-2018)

  9. #65
    Points: 159,349, Level: 95
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 2,301
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    256514
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    70,450
    Points
    159,349
    Level
    95
    Thanks Given
    8,068
    Thanked 25,478x in 19,146 Posts
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Trump is throwing out decades of neocon dogma and you think you're winning? That's hilarious.

    Trump's decision to meet with Kim Jong-Un broke with decades of neocon tradition of refusing to negotiate.

    And now Trump has pledged to end the provocative military exercises that neocons have considered necessary.

    Oh, and lest we forget, candidate Trump ran on his opposition to the Iraq war, the neocon war, which he labeled a disaster.

    Trump's instincts on North Korea and many other foreign policy issues run totally contrary to neocon lunatics. He just has to learn to follow his instincts instead of being baited by chicken-hawk desk-jockeys into pursuing the failed policies of neocons.

    Self proclaimed experts like this guy only six or seven months ago were saying that Trump is going to have us in a nuclear war with North Korea by the summer of 2018.


    These people just can't admit that they are wrong about anything. Pride is a powerful thing.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    MMC (06-13-2018),Ransom (06-13-2018)

  11. #66
    Points: 14,644, Level: 29
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 806
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    ripmeister's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    27307
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    5,216
    Points
    14,644
    Level
    29
    Thanks Given
    403
    Thanked 1,313x in 1,042 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    You have it exactly backwards, I'm afraid.

    It is the word of the US government that is worthless, not North Korea's.

    It is the US government who promised not to overthrow Qaddafi if he relinquished his WMD programs, only to break their promise.

    It is the US government who told the entire world that Saddam Hussein was harboring WMD while dishonestly linking Iraq to 9/11.

    It is the US government who told everyone that the rebels in Syria were "moderates" and that "Assad must go".

    It is the US government who constantly lies and deceives and breaks its promises, not North Korea.
    Those things may be true but that doesn't change the NK's nonadherance to their commitments. There is precedent to not trust what they say or commit to.
    One can be sure that he who says he knows knows nothing

  12. #67
    Points: 14,644, Level: 29
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 806
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    ripmeister's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    27307
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    5,216
    Points
    14,644
    Level
    29
    Thanks Given
    403
    Thanked 1,313x in 1,042 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioGod View Post
    I think Trump got much more than people realize. Folks seem to have eyes and ears, but there is a brain disconnect happening here. Look at the agreement Trump and Kim signed. North Korea gives up pursuing any more nuclear weapons development, missle testing, and handing over the nukes it has. The facilities where they worked on these things will be dismantled. Trump agreed to provide security for North Korea.
    Not said, and not written, but wholly implied, are all the things that will develop because of this preliminary agreement.
    Part of providing security for the North will inevitably be combined force exercises, just like we have with South Korea. We will get at least one large military base next to the border with China. Our regional military drills will be combined US, North, and South Korean in makeup, and we will posture against China. The military industrial complex will embrace this. North Korea will take out loans from the World Bank to buy weapons systems and participate in the tradition of the civilized world of going into debt perpetually to enrich the corporations and big banks.
    Economically, with the North opening itself up to international trade, we will see an influx of investment. Big corporations will move in like sharks for a toehold. The people of North Korea will move from assigned jobs by the government, to being employed. Samsung will certainly exploit them for all they can, leveraging all the benefits of the North's cheap labor to lower prices on memory modules, chip manufacturing, electronics, and appliances. LG will do the same. Being Korean, they will have the advantage at first. The other companies with first dibs will be whoever Trump selects.
    North Korea will experience a period of growth and development that will culture-shock it's people. They will have tourism. Movies will be made there, especially historically-set films. The North, just like China, will grow from a producer of goods, to consumers. In a few years, it will be a replica of the South.
    There will be trillions made because of this peace over the coming decade. So claiming Trump didn't get anything is nonsense, he got far more than people realize. The North, too, will have gained alot. But they will have paid a price for it, the price of becoming the newest economic and corporate insinuating wh0re on the block. What a rough way to get broke in.
    First paragraph, last sentence. The NK's renigged on written agreements but now you base your optimism on what's "implied".
    One can be sure that he who says he knows knows nothing

  13. #68
    Points: 126,146, Level: 86
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 3,104
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    453193
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    44,213
    Points
    126,146
    Level
    86
    Thanks Given
    8,103
    Thanked 25,917x in 16,457 Posts
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    It was not advice. I didn't believe we would see a war over the winter. I correctly observed that historically many wars began in April.
    You falsely predicted that the US would be at war with North Korea by now. And you also said that such a war was necessary and inevitable. You were 100% wrong. But when has that ever stopped you?
    Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.
    --Immanuel Kant

  14. #69
    Points: 126,146, Level: 86
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 3,104
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    453193
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    44,213
    Points
    126,146
    Level
    86
    Thanks Given
    8,103
    Thanked 25,917x in 16,457 Posts
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioGod View Post
    I think Trump got much more than people realize. Folks seem to have eyes and ears, but there is a brain disconnect happening here. Look at the agreement Trump and Kim signed. North Korea gives up pursuing any more nuclear weapons development, missle testing, and handing over the nukes it has. The facilities where they worked on these things will be dismantled. Trump agreed to provide security for North Korea.
    Not said, and not written, but wholly implied, are all the things that will develop because of this preliminary agreement.
    Part of providing security for the North will inevitably be combined force exercises, just like we have with South Korea. We will get at least one large military base next to the border with China. Our regional military drills will be combined US, North, and South Korean in makeup, and we will posture against China. The military industrial complex will embrace this. North Korea will take out loans from the World Bank to buy weapons systems and participate in the tradition of the civilized world of going into debt perpetually to enrich the corporations and big banks.
    Economically, with the North opening itself up to international trade, we will see an influx of investment. Big corporations will move in like sharks for a toehold. The people of North Korea will move from assigned jobs by the government, to being employed. Samsung will certainly exploit them for all they can, leveraging all the benefits of the North's cheap labor to lower prices on memory modules, chip manufacturing, electronics, and appliances. LG will do the same. Being Korean, they will have the advantage at first. The other companies with first dibs will be whoever Trump selects.
    North Korea will experience a period of growth and development that will culture-shock it's people. They will have tourism. Movies will be made there, especially historically-set films. The North, just like China, will grow from a producer of goods, to consumers. In a few years, it will be a replica of the South.
    There will be trillions made because of this peace over the coming decade. So claiming Trump didn't get anything is nonsense, he got far more than people realize. The North, too, will have gained alot. But they will have paid a price for it, the price of becoming the newest economic and corporate insinuating wh0re on the block. What a rough way to get broke in.
    The big question is will North Korean leadership actually allow this to happen or if they'll just agree to it in principle while retaining their economic sovereignty in effect.
    Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.
    --Immanuel Kant

  15. #70
    Points: 126,146, Level: 86
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 3,104
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    453193
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    44,213
    Points
    126,146
    Level
    86
    Thanks Given
    8,103
    Thanked 25,917x in 16,457 Posts
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    God. It certainly was Trump. He said he'd sit down with Kim. That how this came about.
    No, it was the South Korean president. He is the one who brought the two sides together through his skillful diplomacy. Trump wouldn't even have had the opportunity to sit down with North Korea if the South Korean president hadn't been putting in the groundwork. Trump deserves huge credit for agreeing to the meeting, but he is not the one responsible for midwifing the peace process.
    Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.
    --Immanuel Kant

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO