Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How the ultra wealthy are not happer than the poor

In the course of my life I have known some very wealthy people personally. I will share some of what life is like in their shoes. I know that most of them do not have the glorious life that the people of the world get to see, some people wish to be wealthy like them. That is because they do not know the truth. The ultra wealthy are some of the most miserable lonely people on the earth. They cannot have real relationships and it's almost impossible for them to find love because someone always only wants them for what they have. And they never really know who loves them and who does not. Even if someone does genuinely love them they will suspect that they don't really love them, so real relationships are almost impossible.

These people are often so lonely and have such a hard time living with themselves that they drink themselves to sleep every night. In order to build their empires or fortunes they have to do many unethical things because being unethical is the only way to get to that degree of wealth. They can barley live with themselves and barley make it through the day. They crack the bottle at night and drink it till they fall from their chair.

Conspiracy theories pale in comparison to what really goes on in the lives of the ultra wealthy. They have beliefs and practices you wouldn't even imagine. You would be called crazy if you said it out loud. But these ultra wealthy are the builders of our society, they are responsible for building society according to their beliefs and goals. They are venerated by the politicians and invited to dinner with the politicians and treated as family. This gives them pride and the feeling of being a better person than others in the world. They feel as though they are builders, and are very important in shaping society. In return for this recognition and glory, they give mega donations to the politicians of their choosing, and they get to help decide what legislations will be passed. In order that the donations are tax free they give the donations in multiples of small amounts.

These moments of feeling important help them for a day or two and make them feel like they are doing some good in the world. But then a few days later reality sets in again and they see day in and day out the unethical things they have to do to stay at the top. The face they show to society is the proud face, and that helps them to be seen as good people. They donate to charities to help themselves to feel better. But it does not help because the weight on their conscious is so heavy that they can barley breathe.

They are alone and afraid and miserable. They loath the lower class people of society looking upon them as less. But at the same time live off of the backs of those lower people, but without the lower class the higher up class would not exist. Most of the ultra wealthy have the saddest lives of all living beings. It is better to be poor living in a hut with a dirt floor and have someone you love and a good meal now and then. A true "so called" upper class person, knows that the life in the hut is far more superior. How sad is the life of the ultra wealthy. I have never seen such a sorrow as the burden of the man who owns an empire or great fortune.

It is even more sad if they get sick, because they are used to getting all of the things they want, but their money can only buy so much when it comes to health and life. They find out that all the money in the world cant save them. It is then that the great equalizer shows them that they are the same as everyone else. It is pretty harsh.

The real thing is not someone who gets to sit among the books in bliss. It is a person who spends time in loneliness with the weight of a the world on his back and the weight of his deeds that he must commit in order that his fortune does not run out. His fortune can only exist because of others misfortune.

What he does not know or realize is that all beings are equal, and what we have, is not what defines us, but it is what is in our hearts, and if we have comfort, and a roof over our head, if we are a decent human being who cares for others, and does not make life hard for others, and helps another when he can. Our actions in this life are what define us.

The poor already have true happiness, some just don't know it. But the wealthy man does know that wealth cannot buy happiness. Even if we have what we would consider as being nothing, if we can see what we do have, and count our blessings, we will see that we already have everything we could ever want. Number one on the list for true joy is health. If we do not have health then all of it is for not. If we are sick then we can still find joy in looking at what is not wrong. For instance if I have a bad back I can realize I still have a good heart that functions normally. This is the greatest gift we can ever have is health.

To have two good eyes to see the beauty of the world is the greatest gift. Even if we only have one eye. To see is a gift. This world is so beautiful. To be able to have these senses to be able to feel it is wonderous.

There is nothing more important than health, with out that everything is thrown out the window. So it is not money that can buy us true happiness it realizing what we already have.

The second condition for happiness is food, and the third is shelter. So if health, food, and shelter are there then you have all you need to have true joy. How much more so if you have people in your life who you love and cherish. There is nothing more important in the whole world.

If you have ever had a loved one who was sick or close to death or did pass away. You will recall that in that moment, nothing in the whole world mattered. You may have cried to the heavens begging for the life of that person to be spared vowing that you would give anything in return. You would give it all if that person could get well or live. It is because when death comes to the door we see that things do not matter at all. We see that the only thing that matters is life.

True joy is here and now in this precious moment.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (06-15-2018),Common (06-12-2018)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having money brings less stress, not having to worry about the bills or when your next meal will come from. It brings peace of mind knowing you are financially secure, it brings temporary happiness being able to do what you want and go where you want on a whim.

IT DOES NOT BRING TRUE HAPPINESS. Happiness comes through love, close strong family, children and having a guiltfree life. Money cant buy any of those things
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (06-12-2018),Peter1469 (06-12-2018)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    barb012's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,459x in 906 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cannot measure happiness by your income level. People are more lonelier and isolated then ever before in history because lying and no accountability has become the norm in society. Society's behavior social structure is in deep trouble and sadly many of us will have no quality of life with the people we have relationships with.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Having money brings less stress, not having to worry about the bills or when your next meal will come from. It brings peace of mind knowing you are financially secure, it brings temporary happiness being able to do what you want and go where you want on a whim.

IT DOES NOT BRING TRUE HAPPINESS. Happiness comes through love, close strong family, children and having a guiltfree life. Money cant buy any of those things
    Absolutely right on. We do need enough money to have basic comforts. You said it right, Well said!
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Common (06-12-2018)

Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,246x in 27,867 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Money might not be able to buy one happiness but it sure does allow one to rent some. Thosee of you who chimed in, how many of you have a net worth of at least one million dollars?
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Money might not be able to buy one happiness but it sure does allow one to rent some. Thosee of you who chimed in, how many of you have a net worth of at least one million dollars?
    Mr V I know exactly what it is like to have millions and millions of dollars. I do not have to have it to know what it is like. What I know is that the rented happiness will never satisfy there will always be the longing for the next satisfaction, and there is always an emptiness attached to the things you call rented happiness. Because when you have to buy joy it never lasts and does not satisfy the soul. One moment of true joy and happiness can make up for an entire lifetime of sorrow. True happiness cannot be purchased. It is found in this moment realizing that you are still alive, and that the ones who you love are still alive, and that you have a home and food to eat, and all of your basic comforts met.

It is not that a wealthy person cannot be happy. But Many of the most ultra wealthy are not. I have seen it time and time again.

You have the chance now to sit on your deck enjoying the birds. That is truly wonderful MR V. I am glad for that truly I am. That is not bought happiness. Because any poor person can also go outside and experience the same joy. They can go to a park if they do not have a yard of their own and they can also sit and watch the birds with a cup of coffee in their hand.

The one sad thing is that the people who work very hard at low paying jobs often do not get to enjoy life as often. Life is stolen from them in order that the people at the top can enjoy their leisure time. It is a sort of trading of lives. The poor give up what they have in order that the wealthy may have it all. It is not a fair system MR V. It is not just about who works the hardest can have the most. The game is set so that failure is near certainty. The wealthy need the poor. It is the poor that support the wealthy not the other way around.

It is all set up this way on purpose because if the poor did not exist then who would the slaves be?

I have enjoyed our conversations Mr V and once again, I really do think you are a good person. I am pretty sure goodness is your basic nature. I will give you a break now MR V, today will be my last day. Yes I know for many of you that will be a godsend no more JAP. But even when you say bad things MR V I don't think you mean them. I think you are a good person. Hope that didn't offend you. =)

Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,246x in 27,867 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Mr V I know exactly what it is like to have millions and millions of dollars. I do not have to have it to know what it is like. What I know is that the rented happiness will never satisfy there will always be the longing for the next satisfaction, and there is always an emptiness attached to the things you call rented happiness. Because when you have to buy joy it never lasts and does not satisfy the soul. One moment of true joy and happiness can make up for an entire lifetime of sorrow. True happiness cannot be purchased. It is found in this moment realizing that you are still alive, and that the ones who you love are still alive, and that you have a home and food to eat, and all of your basic comforts met.

It is not that a wealthy person cannot be happy. But Many of the most ultra wealthy are not. I have seen it time and time again.

You have the chance now to sit on your deck enjoying the birds. That is truly wonderful MR V. I am glad for that truly I am. That is not bought happiness. Because any poor person can also go outside and experience the same joy. They can go to a park if they do not have a yard of their own and they can also sit and watch the birds with a cup of coffee in their hand.

The one sad thing is that the people who work very hard at low paying jobs often do not get to enjoy life as often. Life is stolen from them in order that the people at the top can enjoy their leisure time. It is a sort of trading of lives. The poor give up what they have in order that the wealthy may have it all. It is not a fair system MR V. It is not just about who works the hardest can have the most. The game is set so that failure is near certainty. The wealthy need the poor. It is the poor that support the wealthy not the other way around.

It is all set up this way on purpose because if the poor did not exist then who would the slaves be?

I have enjoyed our conversations Mr V and once again, I really do think you are a good person. I am pretty sure goodness is your basic nature. I will give you a break now MR V, today will be my last day. Yes I know for many of you that will be a godsend no more JAP. But even when you say bad things MR V I don't think you mean them. I think you are a good person. Hope that didn't offend you. =)
    It helps if you actually have wealth.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,039x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wealth is defined in many ways.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

donttread (06-15-2018),Orion Rules (06-16-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    It helps if you actually have wealth.
    You do not know what I have or do not have and I am not telling MR V.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to be in a situation where I could do random acts of giving large amounts money to good causes. That alone would give me solace in that some good was coming of my wealth. As of now, the $10-$20 gift to the dregs on the street will suffice.

I live a humble life and live below my means because shiny things and putting on a show doesn't appeal to me. I'll take standing in the surf fishing with a dog by my side over a yacht any day.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmyz For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (06-12-2018),Just AnotherPerson (06-12-2018)

+ Reply to Thread