User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Man Sentenced for Threatening to Burn Down a Home Being Purchased by Muslim Family

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,135
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,379x in 15,848 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Do you believe courage is called for?

Assuming I lack physical as well as moral courage do you think I would have any problem finding someone to take you on? This makes me smile.
    I am not sure I know what you mean by that, but if you are suggesting what I suspect you may be, you had better send more than one.
    If the choice is between wisdom and courage I will side with wisdom.
    Moral courage. Not that it matters.
    That is the specific form of courage I was talking about. Your position here demonstrates a lack of it.

I am. And you fail. You are simple. There will always be a place for simple people.
    I am not Ethereal. Save your bull$#@! posturing for him. I am not going to comment on the rest of your post. It is not worth the time.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    Catholics and Christians don't mutilate young girls or murder their children for shaming the family.
    Oh, it happens pretty regularly. You should get out more.

It's the part about Muslims taking their religion seriously, that's the problem.
    Maybe if you took yours more seriously, you wouldn't be so bigoted.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    What do you know of the Holy City of Dearborn?
    I have not heard of it. If it is Biblical or something of that nature forgive my ignorance.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    Jimmy, in my 3 years on this forum, I have given exactly SIX "Thanks" for posts and one of those was an accident. This one was not.

Thanks. Thanks for understanding that people are not all the same, regardless of what label they wear and thanks for having the courage to say so. It is not a popular stance. It is much easier to just hate anyone who is different from you.
    Thanks man. I really felt bad for the man and his wife having to flee the scene. A married couple so happy and proud to have their new house closing doing the final walk through and having some jackass ruin the whole thing and instilling fear in them makes me sick. In that case, if it was me, I dont know if I could have remained non-violent.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,527
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,996x in 18,678 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, it happens pretty regularly. You should get out more.

Maybe if you took yours more seriously, you wouldn't be so bigoted.
    Lol... I seriously doubt that, people aren't generally suspicious of or, worried about the Catholic family who just moved in next door.

I don't currently practice any organized religion, haven't for a very long time, maybe, if you didn't take yours so seriously, you'd be better able to actually see the truth about certain people and not just repeat what your religion brainwashes you to believe.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,249x in 27,870 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure I know what you mean by that, but if you are suggesting what I suspect you may be, you had better send more than one.
    You implied I lack physical courage. If true a solution may always be found.
    Moral courage. Not that it matters.
    That is the specific form of courage I was talking about. Your position here demonstrates a lack of it.
    You err.

You are simple. There will always be a place for simple people.
    I am not Ethereal. Save your bull$#@! posturing for him. I am not going to comment on the rest of your post. It is not worth the time.
    Cool.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you know of the Holy City of Dearborn?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    I have not heard of it. If it is Biblical or something of that nature forgive my ignorance.
    Your ignorance is forgiven.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    Lol... I seriously doubt that, people aren't generally suspicious of or, worried about the Catholic family who just moved in next door.
    Smart, rational people aren't generally worried about the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish or Protestant family that moves in next door, either.

I don't currently practice any organized religion, haven't for a very long time, maybe, if you didn't take yours so seriously, you'd be better able to actually see the truth about certain people and not just repeat what your religion brainwashes you to believe.[/QUOTE]

If you paid attention to discussions in the forum, you would know that I have stated many times that I am as nonreligious as it is possible to be. Unlike you however, I recognize that religion plays an important role in the lives of many people and if it helps them find peace and guidance through difficult times, I have no problem with it.

You don't really know anything about Islam or its followers, do you? You know about a small minority of extremely violent people who would be just as violent if they Catholic or Protestant or Jewish. For them, religion is an excuse for violence, not the cause. Muslims on the whole, are pretty much like you, except not as fearful and hateful. They love their children as I am sure you do and wish for them a better life than the one they have. They are not that different from anyone else.

When I lived and worked in the Middle East, my house was attacked one day with mortar fire by Muslim extremists. They did some damage, there was a lot of smoke and dust in the air, but everyone was accounted for... except my dog. She was a stray that I found on the streets. She was half starved and limping badly when I found her. I took her to the Vet at the British Embassy and he patched up and vaccinated her and I took her back to my compound. Dogs are proscribed animals in Islam. They are considered "unclean". My senior house guard was extremely uncomfortable around her, but he tolerated her and she tolerated him. He would never touch her though and if she got too close to him, he would back away in a hurry.

Anyway, I was moving through the smoke and dust, trying to assess the damage and make sure we were secure enough to defend against a ground attack if one followed the shelling (it didn't), when I saw Saleh walking toward me carrying something. It was my dog. She had been killed in the attack, the only casualty. Saleh found her in the rubble and and picked her up and brought her to me. That act of humanity was just one of many I witnessed by followers of Islam. I also witnessed acts of great barbarity, even things that would have made the Crusaders or the IRA flinch. I learned firsthand that you can't lump all Muslims together any more than you can members of any other religion.

I hope someday you learn that for yourself. You'll never do it though unless you take off your blinders.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope someday you learn that for yourself. You'll never do it though unless you take off your blinders.
    Which western country has been improved by the hordes of Muslims who have come to occupy their nations?

Italy?
    Germany?
    Spain?
    France?
    Great Britain?
    Sweden?
    Any other?

You need to take off your blinders.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    Dearborn Michigan has a ton of Muslims and I haven't heard of any honor killings, beheading of infidels nor acid attacks coming out of there.

Believe me, I was full of hatred for them post 911. But I have to be bullish on the fact that a Muslim dad in the USA for reasons of gaining a better life loves his children and respects his neighbors as much as I do.

The verdict was correct and he better have his head on a swivel in prison because Muslims are well represented in some institutions.
    Do you believe the media, and Google will tell you the truth?

+ Reply to Thread