Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    And here's the race card. This thread has failed because of one person.
    Capt stop with the race card stuff ok, I want this to remain civil and see if any liberals can answer the question.
    There may be reasons I am not aware of why they push so hard for open borders and illegal immigrants to have an open door policy that I may not be aware of. I would like to hear their reasoning for continually demanding open borders, there is possibly reasons that make sense and I would like to hear them
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

KathyS (06-25-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Heres where you get confused safety, the law is the law at any given time. When my fathers father came here in 1901 he came legally based on the law of the land at that time. My mothers father came here the same way.

Those immigrants did not write the law, they just obeyed it.

Illegal immigrants running over the border are breaking our laws of today, there is a legal means to enter this country running over the border from mexico or through mexico from el salvador and quatemala etc is not legal.

I realize you are a very bitter man and because of that you misconstrue everything to appease your bitterness, that does not mean you are correct.

You insinuated wrongfully that my ancestors came here illegally, and then tried to justify an open border for illegals to just run over and bring their entire families for us to pay for because of it, thats not only absurd, its silly
    I didn't feel the need to recite history in order to explain my point, but evidently I do based upon the wonton disregard of it in this thread. You just qualified your point on your ancestors coming here based upon "the law of the land at that time", which there was no limitation given because the country was developing. Then twenty years later, there was an act established limiting the immigration to whites, specifically targeting Latin and Asian immigrants. Then in the 60's another act was established, limiting the immigration of Latinos once again. So the very establishment of the contemporary term "illegal immigration" was put into place to address a particular race/ethnicity, whereas if these people coming over the border were not brown, there would not be an issue or a thread talking about it. Nothing is more hypocritical than immigrants entering the country as freely as they wanted to in the past, then complaining about people doing the same today.

I believe one member stated earlier how much "money" was spent on "illegals", which is the same argument white nationalists use when the target is black people. Different target, same outrage....
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,820
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,792x in 11,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to compare protocol now to 100 years ago or so is sort of silly because the world and the country is completely different. I think people that are opposed to said brown people coming over for the most part do so not because they're brown, but because they happen to be an inevitable drain on resources and the like. It may or may not be right or just but that's the reality of it for the most part.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,513
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,004x in 18,683 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the same thing, when you ask, " what have you, personally lost, since Trump took office."

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,820
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,792x in 11,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answer to the question is that it's probably not of any worth to the country, at least not in the short term. You'd hope though that the next generation or two could make it worth the investment in the long run with an American education and whatnot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Xl For This Useful Post:

silvereyes (06-25-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,132
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,383x in 15,850 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Ask everyone who is posting on this forum, that is American, when their ancestors came to America.

When.
    The European side of the family got here in 1620. The first child in the line to be born in North America was born in 1623.

The other side of the family was here to meet the boat.

How is that in any way relevant?
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't feel the need to recite history in order to explain my point, but evidently I do based upon the wonton disregard of it in this thread. You just qualified your point on your ancestors coming here based upon "the law of the land at that time", which there was no limitation given because the country was developing. Then twenty years later, there was an act established limiting the immigration to whites, specifically targeting Latin and Asian immigrants. Then in the 60's another act was established, limiting the immigration of Latinos once again. So the very establishment of the contemporary term "illegal immigration" was put into place to address a particular race/ethnicity, whereas if these people coming over the border were not brown, there would not be an issue or a thread talking about it. Nothing is more hypocritical than immigrants entering the country as freely as they wanted to in the past, then complaining about people doing the same today.

I believe one member stated earlier how much "money" was spent on "illegals", which is the same argument white nationalists use when the target is black people. Different target, same outrage....
    No ones interested in your view of history as Im sure your not interested in mine and as far as wantoning disregarding the intent of this thread and the question it is you not anyone else.

You cant answer the question because there is no answer that can remotely support the democrats position on illegal immigration. I know that, you know that everyone knows that.

One thing is apparent safety and that is everything with you is based on your bitterness and hatred that has become glaringly clear and because of that you get the responses that you do

Puerto ricans were made instant citizens in 1898 and not europeans

There are more mexicans his country than all of europe except for Germans. I guess they hated italians and irish more than mexicans.

Hispanics collectively, mexican, cuban, puerto rican, dominican etc etc are the largest group in America. They didnt do a good job of excluding hispanics obviously. Your bitterness is just all full of holes Safety.

I will ignore any of your posts that dont directly discuss the QUESTION of the thread from this point.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    The European side of the family got here in 1620. The first child in the line to be born in North America was born in 1623.

Why did they come here? When you answer that question, then you will have the answer to your question about how this is relevant.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post

It's not. Safety is not addressing the question. I think we all know why.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why did they come here? When you answer that question, then you will have the answer to your question about how this is relevant.
    Irrelevant.

The OP asked why illegal immigration is good for the US. Do you know?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (06-25-2018)

+ Reply to Thread