jigglepete's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,775x in 2,258 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, if I could "eat myself" I'd never leave the house...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jigglepete For This Useful Post:

donttread (07-03-2018),stjames1_53 (07-03-2018)

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 1,068
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Chloe's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,024x in 5,736 Posts
    Mentioned
    1453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    The "right" did the same thing , it fragmented, stepped away from washington insiders and got an un-electable man elected because they beat the dems to the step away process. in fact the DNC pretty much cheated to NOT let real alternatives to politics as usual emerge and paid the price. I'd of prefered Rand Paul or an LP or even Greens at the state level. ( seems like a contradiction but if you believe in chemical free food and water, local security and economies and the Constitution it's really not)
    So a bartender is better than Hilary as a Reality TV guy is better that another Bush. The Greens missed a real shot to pick up support and still don't seem to be doing anything note worthy. @Chloe What's up with the Green's absence from the conversation?
    Trump's main value is that he is NOT just another Donkephant. I am hoping phase two will see further improvement. But in the end we must also judge Trump on how much war he wages, how much corporate welfare he endorses , how much bang for the buck his programs get, how he affects our relationship with the world and how big his deficits are and how much debt he accumulates.
    He can almost not fail worse that Bushbama did. But if he even comes close kick his ass out in 2020.
    I always liked and respected Dr. Jill Stein, it’s why I voted for her, but the Green Party needs to change. It needs to become the party of the youth, of my generation. It needs someone like a Trudeau, it needs basically a refresh and rebranding. It needs to show the country that a green economy, a clean high tech green infrastructure, and a strong focus on preserving the health of the planet is the only real long term sustainable future for all of us. The gray haired, hippy college professor that wears socks with sandals and locks themselves to trees and defaults to the Democratic Party can’t be the image anymore. Most are the party as old hippies And/or the watermelon mentality as it being green on the outside but red (communist) on the inside. It needs to show itself as a real alternative that blends the best aspects of different political systems that is encased on a caring for the planet as it’s top priority. That’s what I want it to be and should be. I’m hoping that my generation can create that and I hope to one day soon help that effort.
    Last edited by Chloe; 07-03-2018 at 12:50 PM.
    Alaska Born ~ Oregon Grown

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chloe For This Useful Post:

donttread (07-03-2018),Orion Rules (07-04-2018)

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Boris The Animal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,312x in 898 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    I always liked and respected Dr. Jill Stein, it’s why I voted for her, but the Green Party needs to change. It needs to become the party of the youth, of my generation. It needs someone like a Trudeau, it needs basically a refresh and rebranding. It needs to show the country that a green economy and a clean high tech green infrastructure is the only real long term sustainable future. The gray haired hippy college professor that wears socks with sandals and locks themselves to trees and defaults to the Democratic Party can’t be the image anymore.
    Oh sure, and shun out Conservatives who espouse traditional American values like hard work, family, faith? Sorry, but the youth are going to be far more Conservative than you think. Leftism is doomed to failure each and every time.
    IT'S JUST BORIS!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boris The Animal For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (07-03-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris The Animal View Post
    Oh sure, and shun out Conservatives who espouse traditional American values like hard work, family, faith? Sorry, but the youth are going to be far more Conservative than you think. Leftism is doomed to failure each and every time.
    You don’t think you can value hard work, family, and personal faith while also taking legitimate steps to secure a sustainable future? Only the right has a monopoly on that?

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 684
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MrMike's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 683x in 366 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well written. He nailed it.
    Why do some liberals think it’s okay to wear blackface then call other people racists? 0

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMike For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (07-03-2018)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 98.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,391x in 54,973 Posts
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You don’t think you can value hard work, family, and personal faith while also taking legitimate steps to secure a sustainable future? Only the right has a monopoly on that?

Way things work nowadays you have to sell sustainability, you have to show people the value in it, and given modern time preferences, show its immediate value.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Captdon (07-03-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. So-called "Progressives", really just a lipstick on the pig term for Communists, and environazis don't value that at all. And personal faith? that translates into keeping it in the church, whereas Matthew 28 commands Christians to go forth and make disciples. Meaning true faith is very public.
    IT'S JUST BORIS!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Boris The Animal For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (07-03-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris The Animal View Post
    Nope. So-called "Progressives", really just a lipstick on the pig term for Communists, and environazis don't value that at all. And personal faith? that translates into keeping it in the church, whereas Matthew 28 commands Christians to go forth and make disciples. Meaning true faith is very public.
    It’s sad how little faith and compassion you actually have for Gods creations. You’d sacrifice what you believe he made for us, Earth, for political reasons. I don’t share your religious faith but I can atleast see the value in what has been created for all of life.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s sad how little faith and compassion you actually have for Gods creations. You’d sacrifice what you believe he made for us, Earth, for political reasons. I don’t share your religious faith but I can atleast see the value in what has been created for all of life.
    No, my faith is in the One who died on the Cross at Calvary and shed His blood for my sins, and the sins of mankind. Contrary to popular belief, there is absolutely ZERO good in mankind and his efforts, according to the prophets, are as "filthy rags" meaning they will never earn him favor with God. Now I do understand the value of good stewardship, but to take it to an obsessive extreme like environazi whackjobs do, is not the way to go about it. Because this present world WILL be destroyed by God's hand, and a new one (Rev. 22) will emerge in its place, unravaged by the curse of Sin.
    IT'S JUST BORIS!

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,857x in 10,150 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Continued polarization will bring full on communist candidates into play. And those who think they'd get a better piece of the pie via communism ( whether that makes sense to us or not) will start giving them a look. We really need to stop polarization , the supposed "two major parties" benefit from it actually getting 95% of the votes no matter how badly they collectively fail. So they won't stop it, we must stop letting ourselves be treated. like... sheep.
    That's why I voted for Trump. If I was wrong, it was still the right choice. Clinton would have been just more of the same. Trump has done well but it's a four year term.
    If he sign another trillion dollar deficit spending plan he's no better at this than anyone else. He has to have the attitude that not being re-elected doesn't
    Last edited by Captdon; 07-03-2018 at 04:57 PM.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

+ Reply to Thread