User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boss fired after telling mom her son being on life support is no reason to miss work

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boss fired after telling mom her son being on life support is no reason to miss work

A Michigan gas station manager was fired after her callous response to an employee’s request for time off to be with her son, who was reportedly placed on life support, went viral.

Crystal Fisher, of Albion, told FOX 17 that her son Jason, 18, was rushed to the hospital on Thursday after his temperature spiked to 104 degrees and he had “low oxygen.”

Fisher had her 14-year-old daughter, who was not named in the report, contact her boss at PS Food Mart to let them know she could not make it to work due to her son’s illness.

“[Fisher’s daughter] said, ‘Can you have somebody cover mom for [Friday], my brother’s really sick, they’re going to have to ventilate him,’” Fisher said. “And the boss, I could hear her over the phone and she told my daughter, ‘This ain’t the way we run things, you’re mother needs to be the one calling me.’”

Fisher said she was told by the doctors that her son needed to be transported to the University of Michigan.

“[The doctor] came in and told me that they were going to have to tube him and transport him to [University of Michigan],” she told FOX 17. “I lost it. That’s my kid.”

Fisher said she was told her son had a bacterial infection and that he would have to be placed on life support.

She then sent a text to her manager, whom she identified as Dawn, on Saturday, letting her know that she would not be able to make it to work until her son’s condition improved. Fisher said she was shocked by what came next.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/04/boss-f...-to-miss-work/
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is Old School $#@!!!!!! This guy needs work. I am thinking if the current tPF Mods take a very small pay cut perhaps 10% we could hire him on as a Moderator. What do you guys think? I suggest the following for his Mod Profile Pic...

@DGUtley should reach out to him for the contract negotiations
    Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; 07-04-2018 at 09:10 AM.
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

+ Reply to Thread