User Tag List

View Poll Results: The abortion should be banned

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abortion is murder, therefore should be banned in any case, even if the child won't live

3 30.00%
  • In the case there is high risk for the mother or the child it should be banned

0 0%
  • Abortion in first trimester and if there is rape, danger of life or psichological risk

1 10.00%
  • Any reason always during the first trimester

1 10.00%
  • Abortion is under the decision of the mother in any period

3 30.00%
  • Society should decide. Develop in a comment what you mean.

0 0%
  • None of above,. Develop in a comment what you mean

2 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The abortion should be banned

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    spunkloaf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 807x in 609 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The first quote is you telling me what I think.

I'm libertarian.

Stop crying.
    You can call yourself whatever you want. I can't call you what you really are, because I will get in trouble.

I didn't tell you what you think. I wish I had that power. I told you what I think, and you are having a hell of a time coping with it.

Why don't you stop with the arguing and get back on topic before your friends come in here and thread ban me?
    Faith can move mountains, but don't forget to bring your shovel.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the conservatives cared about abortion they'd care about the life of the mother by supporting her, they do nothing, if they cared about the child, they'd support nutritional and educational supports, they do nothing there either. Morality confuses the right, absolutists only preach, the complexity of living is beyond their understanding.

Abortion requires nothing from the moral absolutist and involves the State in a family matter. Oh and one more thing, no masturbation and if married make sure no contraceptives are ever used for if so you too are aborting the potential for life. Try not to be a hypocrite.

The interested reader can check my links and the book noted below. Book noted below is about rights harm etc and for the open minded a complex read. "It seems to me that a case can be made for taking a human life statute that dates the origin of personhood at conception to be an "establishment" of religious doctrine. The argument runs as follows. For reasons given above, it is quite contrary to common sense to claim that a newly fertilized human ovum is already an actual person. Employing the term 'person' in the normal fashion, no one thinks of a fertilized egg in that way. The only arguments that have been advanced to the conclusion that fertilized eggs are people, common sense notwithstanding, are arguments with theological premises. These premises are part of large theological and philosophical systems that are very much worthy of respect indeed, but they can neither be established nor refuted without critical discussion of the whole systems of which they form a part. In fact, many conscientious persons reject them, often in favor of doctrines stemming from rival theological systems; so for the state to endorse the personhood of newly fertilized ova would be for the state to embrace one set of controversial theological tenets rather than others, in effect to enforce the teaching of some churches against those of other churches (and nonchurches), and to back up this enforcement with severe criminal penalties. The state plays this constitutionally prohibited role when it officially affirms a doctrine that is opposed to common sense and understanding and whose only proposed arguments proceed from theological premises. This case, it seems to me, is a good one even if there is reason, as there might be, for affirming the personhood of fetuses in the second or third trimester of pregnancy." http://www.ditext.com/feinberg/abortion.html

Repost:
    Abortion remains the hypocrite's crutch. I often ask pro life people why it is they don't have more children? How is it that this month they prevented another human from existing? Obviously I get puzzled faces and the religious person falls back on the excuse that only conception forms a human. Of course that isn't medically true as the process from conception to person is fraught with other complexities and many conceptions end naturally. You could then ask since this is fact, where do these conceptions grow up and don't they have it kinda easy if there is a personal God looking over us? Of course the conception would miss the turmoil of human existence in all its ups and downs. But a harder question may be so what you are pro life, a child in the world dies of natural but preventable causes every few seconds. Shouldn't we be doing something in this area? Or consider healthcare is that not pro life and why is our mortality rate at birth so poor? Anyone know? Of course not, for being pro life is like so many emotions meaningless, it sounds nice and makes the person feel good but it is meaningless. Supporting life is the real choice, think conservatives will ever support living children?

https://www.salon.com/2018/07/08/whe...-of-hypocrisy/

http://www.feminist.com/resources/ou.../abortion.html

http://bostonreview.net/BR20.3/thomson.php

http://harpers.org/blog/2015/08/we-do-abortions-here/
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,900x in 54,717 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    If the conservatives cared about abortion they'd care about the life of the mother by supporting her, they do nothing, if they cared about the child, they'd support nutritional and educational supports, they do nothing there either. Morality confuses the right, absolutists only preach, the complexity of living is beyond their understanding.

Abortion requires nothing from the moral absolutist and involves the State in a family matter. Oh and one more thing, no masturbation and if married make sure no contraceptives are ever used for if so you too are aborting the potential for life. Try not to be a hypocrite.

The interested reader can check my links and the book noted below. Book noted below is about rights harm etc and for the open minded a complex read. "It seems to me that a case can be made for taking a human life statute that dates the origin of personhood at conception to be an "establishment" of religious doctrine. The argument runs as follows. For reasons given above, it is quite contrary to common sense to claim that a newly fertilized human ovum is already an actual person. Employing the term 'person' in the normal fashion, no one thinks of a fertilized egg in that way. The only arguments that have been advanced to the conclusion that fertilized eggs are people, common sense notwithstanding, are arguments with theological premises. These premises are part of large theological and philosophical systems that are very much worthy of respect indeed, but they can neither be established nor refuted without critical discussion of the whole systems of which they form a part. In fact, many conscientious persons reject them, often in favor of doctrines stemming from rival theological systems; so for the state to endorse the personhood of newly fertilized ova would be for the state to embrace one set of controversial theological tenets rather than others, in effect to enforce the teaching of some churches against those of other churches (and nonchurches), and to back up this enforcement with severe criminal penalties. The state plays this constitutionally prohibited role when it officially affirms a doctrine that is opposed to common sense and understanding and whose only proposed arguments proceed from theological premises. This case, it seems to me, is a good one even if there is reason, as there might be, for affirming the personhood of fetuses in the second or third trimester of pregnancy." http://www.ditext.com/feinberg/abortion.html

Repost:
    Abortion remains the hypocrite's crutch. I often ask pro life people why it is they don't have more children? How is it that this month they prevented another human from existing? Obviously I get puzzled faces and the religious person falls back on the excuse that only conception forms a human. Of course that isn't medically true as the process from conception to person is fraught with other complexities and many conceptions end naturally. You could then ask since this is fact, where do these conceptions grow up and don't they have it kinda easy if there is a personal God looking over us? Of course the conception would miss the turmoil of human existence in all its ups and downs. But a harder question may be so what you are pro life, a child in the world dies of natural but preventable causes every few seconds. Shouldn't we be doing something in this area? Or consider healthcare is that not pro life and why is our mortality rate at birth so poor? Anyone know? Of course not, for being pro life is like so many emotions meaningless, it sounds nice and makes the person feel good but it is meaningless. Supporting life is the real choice, think conservatives will ever support living children?

https://www.salon.com/2018/07/08/whe...-of-hypocrisy/

http://www.feminist.com/resources/ou.../abortion.html

http://bostonreview.net/BR20.3/thomson.php

http://harpers.org/blog/2015/08/we-do-abortions-here/

Another one who rather than asking people what they think prefers to tell them what they think because they have ready-made well-worn arguments.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Captdon (07-13-2018)

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an anarchist, I vote NOTA. It's a social issue. The government has no business picking sides and deciding for society.
    It's murder.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spunkloaf View Post
    It wasn't nonsense. You can either have a conversation with me, or don't.
    No, having a conversation with you isn't possible.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,471x in 36,446 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another one who rather than asking people what they think prefers to tell them what they think because they have ready-made well-worn arguments.
    Terribly worn. Kind of a bizarre commentary.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

+ Reply to Thread