User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US Army quietly discharging immigrant recruits.....

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

US Army quietly discharging immigrant recruits.....

Some immigrant U.S. Army reservists and recruits who enlisted in the military with a promised path to citizenship are being abruptly discharged, the Associated Press has learned.

The AP was unable to quantify how many men and women who enlisted through the special recruitment program have been booted from the Army, but immigration attorneys say they know of more than 40 who have been discharged or whose status has become questionable, jeopardizing their futures.

Some of the service members say they were not told why they were being discharged. Others who pressed for answers said the Army informed them they'd been labeled as security risks because they have relatives abroad or because the Defense Department had not completed background checks on them.

Spokespeople for the Pentagon and the Army said that, due to the pending litigation, they were unable to explain the discharges or respond to questions about whether there have been policy changes in any of the military branches......snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...grant-recruits

Now that's not Right! They were made a promise. Stick to your word Army.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are we letting foreign nationals serve in our military? I seem to remember that Rome relied on mercenaries in its military and we all know what happened to Roman territory.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nathanbforrest45 For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-06-2018)

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 547x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought prior to Obama that the U.S. did allow lawful permanent residents (green card holders) to enlist but barred those with no legal status. Then came Obama and the military started allowing persons with no legal status to enlist.

I could be wrong perhaps that bit of idiocy occurred before Obama.

When I enlisted years ago I had to pass a background check. They talked to teachers, people in the community, etc. Just how in the hell does someone in this nation illegally pass a background check?

That being said, if a person without status did enlist and his/her record of service is without blemish s/he should be allowed to remain in the military and be granted lawful permanent resident status. Then after five years (I think current law is 5 years as an LPR before one can apply for citizenship) provided they have not violated our laws they should be allowed to apply for citizenship.

Among illegals who deserves citizenship more, a person who violated the laws and has provided nothing to this nation, or someone who although violating our laws regarding entry has literally put their ass on the line for this nation?

The nation should however stop allowing non-LPRs to serve in the armed forces. I doubt too many Marines want to be in a two man fighting hole (foxhole to the Army types) with someone who is going to scream "Allah's at the bar" (or whatever they scream) and start shooting his fellow Marines.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-06-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    I thought prior to Obama that the U.S. did allow lawful permanent residents (green card holders) to enlist but barred those with no legal status. Then came Obama and the military started allowing persons with no legal status to enlist.

When I enlisted years ago I had to pass a background check. They talked to teachers, people in the community, etc. Just how in the hell does someone in this nation illegally pass a background check?

That being said, if a person without status did enlist and his/her record of service is without blemish s/he should be allowed to remain in the military and be granted lawful permanent resident status. Then after five years (I think current law is 5 years as an LPR before one can apply for citizenship) provided they have not violated our laws they should be allowed to apply for citizenship.

Among illegals who deserves citizenship more, a person who violated the laws and has provided nothing to this nation, or someone who although violating our laws regarding entry has literally put their ass on the line for this nation?

The nation should however stop allowing non-LPRs to serve in the armed forces. I doubt too many Marines want to be in a two man fighting hole (foxhole to the Army types) with someone who is going to scream "Allah's at the bar" (or whatever they scream) and start shooting his fellow Marines.
    I am not concerned with those looking to play weekend warrior and not looking to make it to the party. The ones that go RA and put their ass on the line. Then the Army need to keep their word. Not counting screw ups.

Especially any going SF and Rangers playing LRRPs. (that would be behind enemies lines for Marine Types. Where hiding in Holes just don't work) Sua Sponte.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

DLLS (07-06-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pentagon disputes report of ‘abrupt discharge’ of immigrant recruits.....

The Pentagon says there has been no recent change in policy regarding immigrants who apply to join the U.S. military under a special recruitment program that ended last year.

And a Defense Department spokesperson said an Associated Press report published on Thursday “mischaracterized” how the Pentagon has handled recruits whose applications were still pending when the pilot program was ended in September of 2017.

The AP report said some immigrant U.S. Army reservists and recruits who enlisted in the military with a promised path to citizenship were being “abruptly discharged,” with no notice or explanation.

The notification that they have not been accepted into the program is their notice,” said Maj. Carla M. Gleason, a Pentagon spokesperson. “There has been no change in policy.”

What’s happening now is some potential recruits are being notified that they have been rejected based on the background checks or failure to meet some other qualification, such as having legal status in the U.S.

The Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest program, known as MAVNI, began in 2009 as an effort to bring non-U.S. citizens with special skills not found in sufficient numbers in the American citizenry into the military.

That included foreign nationals with language, medical or cultural skills.

Between 2009 and 2017, more than 10,000 non-U.S. citizens have joined or signed contracts to join the military through the MAVNI program.

The program does not grant citizenship to recruits who are accepted. They can apply for citizenship, as can any service member who has honorably served at least six months.....snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...grant-recruits

Ah....so the AP just got it wrong. Who would have thought that.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,469x in 36,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Some immigrant U.S. Army reservists and recruits who enlisted in the military with a promised path to citizenship are being abruptly discharged, the Associated Press has learned.

The AP was unable to quantify how many men and women who enlisted through the special recruitment program have been booted from the Army, but immigration attorneys say they know of more than 40 who have been discharged or whose status has become questionable, jeopardizing their futures.

Some of the service members say they were not told why they were being discharged. Others who pressed for answers said the Army informed them they'd been labeled as security risks because they have relatives abroad or because the Defense Department had not completed background checks on them.

Spokespeople for the Pentagon and the Army said that, due to the pending litigation, they were unable to explain the discharges or respond to questions about whether there have been policy changes in any of the military branches......snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...grant-recruits

Now that's not Right! They were made a promise. Stick to your word Army.
    I thanked this because I didn't know we were getting rid of our no-conservative green card army. Good to hear it.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-07-2018)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,469x in 36,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Pentagon disputes report of ‘abrupt discharge’ of immigrant recruits.....

The Pentagon says there has been no recent change in policy regarding immigrants who apply to join the U.S. military under a special recruitment program that ended last year.

And a Defense Department spokesperson said an Associated Press report published on Thursday “mischaracterized” how the Pentagon has handled recruits whose applications were still pending when the pilot program was ended in September of 2017.

The AP report said some immigrant U.S. Army reservists and recruits who enlisted in the military with a promised path to citizenship were being “abruptly discharged,” with no notice or explanation.

The notification that they have not been accepted into the program is their notice,” said Maj. Carla M. Gleason, a Pentagon spokesperson. “There has been no change in policy.”

What’s happening now is some potential recruits are being notified that they have been rejected based on the background checks or failure to meet some other qualification, such as having legal status in the U.S.

The Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest program, known as MAVNI, began in 2009 as an effort to bring non-U.S. citizens with special skills not found in sufficient numbers in the American citizenry into the military.

That included foreign nationals with language, medical or cultural skills.

Between 2009 and 2017, more than 10,000 non-U.S. citizens have joined or signed contracts to join the military through the MAVNI program.

The program does not grant citizenship to recruits who are accepted. They can apply for citizenship, as can any service member who has honorably served at least six months.....snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...grant-recruits

Ah....so the AP just got it wrong. Who would have thought that.
    I'm sorry to hear that.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-07-2018)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,517x in 94,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post

What did you do as enlisted? I was infantry and did not need a security clearance. When I was an officer I did.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-07-2018)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,517x in 94,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The concept of the story goes against military culture where UCMJ action is pushed to as low a command level as possible. I have no problem with a legal immigrant serving- if he is a $#@!-bag his command can take appropriate action.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-07-2018)

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 547x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    What did you do as enlisted? I was infantry and did not need a security clearance. When I was an officer I did.
    Perhaps the time period of enlistment had something to do with it (late 1980s). It was not for a security clearance just a background check to ensure that I was of good enough moral character for the Marines. At the time I knew someone who was trying to enlist in the Air Force and they were even more particular about the caliber of persons they would admit.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-07-2018),Peter1469 (07-06-2018)

+ Reply to Thread