Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,069x in 786 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    "Climate science" has been caught red handed, manipulating the data too many times over the years
    As I know the actual science. I know with 100% certainty that your statement is false.

You probably don't understand that you're pushing a lie, but that's just a demonstration of how your ignorance led you to fall for political propaganda.

And that's why conservatives attack and censor science, to keep people ignorant, so that they'll fall for the propaganda.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,895x in 54,713 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Oh, hockey sticks.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-11-2018)

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    As I know the actual science. I know with 100% certainty that your statement is false.

You probably don't understand that you're pushing a lie, but that's just a demonstration of how your ignorance led you to fall for political propaganda.

And that's why conservatives attack and censor science, to keep people ignorant, so that they'll fall for the propaganda.
    You know very little and it's always wrong. You are Josef Goebbels in disguise.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If most science didn't point out conservatives were wrong about everything, conservatives wouldn't feel so driven to declare science is a liberal plot. But it does, so they do. Hence, this thread.

Modern conservatives are like the Stalinist Lysankoists, who prosecuted any scientist who dared do genetic science that wasn't politically approved by TheParty. You don't see any liberals calling for scientists to be jailed. The two sides are totally different in that regard.

Can I prove it? Trivially.

The Republican party tried to prosecute Dr. Mann for doing accurate climate science that was inconvenient to the goals of the Republican party.

I've asked conservatives many times if they're willing to condemn such open Stalinism.

They're not. Every conservative I've talked to refuses to condemn the tactic of sending scientists to The Gulag if they do the wrong kind of science, meaning they tacitly support it.

Oh, here's some more Republican science censorship. Again, only one side tries to censor politically inconvenient science, the conservative side. Conservatism is a sort of anti-enlightenment cult.

http://columbiaclimatelaw.com/resour...imate-science/
    I live in a coastal state. I go to one of the beaches. I have a favorite spot. I go there every year. It hasn't moved. So, when does the ocean rise? Does it rise only where I don't live? Are you wrong? Guess which one it is?
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mamooth's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,069x in 786 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    I live in a coastal state. I go to one of the beaches. I have a favorite spot. I go there every year. It hasn't moved. So, when does the ocean rise? Does it rise only where I don't live? Are you wrong? Guess which one it is?
    I just figured something out. You're not acting. You really _are_ as crazy as you sound.

Let me take a few minutes to recover from that. It's quite a shock. I really did think you were just a particularly butthurt troll-stalker. It didn't strike me that you actually believed the idiocy you write.

So, you're claiming that because the three-inch sea-level rise over the past 20 years didn't obliterate your favorite beach, that means there's been no sea level no rise, and all the data is a big hoax.

Wow, that's stupid. And to think you thought it was a brilliant argument, and wrote it up, and hit the post button, and thought to yourself "Dang, that's good!". The mind boggles.

Oh, I see none of the conservatives were willing to condemn their side's attempts to send climate scientists to The Gulag. That was predicatable. Without exception, every Trump cultist is thrilled with their side's Stalinist anti-science agenda. It gives them an authoritarian tingle up the leg.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    zachroidott's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 566x in 460 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If most science didn't point out conservatives were wrong about everything, conservatives wouldn't feel so driven to declare science is a liberal plot. But it does, so they do. Hence, this thread.

Modern conservatives are like the Stalinist Lysankoists, who prosecuted any scientist who dared do genetic science that wasn't politically approved by TheParty. You don't see any liberals calling for scientists to be jailed. The two sides are totally different in that regard.

Can I prove it? Trivially.

The Republican party tried to prosecute Dr. Mann for doing accurate climate science that was inconvenient to the goals of the Republican party.

I've asked conservatives many times if they're willing to condemn such open Stalinism.

They're not. Every conservative I've talked to refuses to condemn the tactic of sending scientists to The Gulag if they do the wrong kind of science, meaning they tacitly support it.

Oh, here's some more Republican science censorship. Again, only one side tries to censor politically inconvenient science, the conservative side. Conservatism is a sort of anti-enlightenment cult.

http://columbiaclimatelaw.com/resour...imate-science/
    Could you be a little more hyperbolic with your hysteria? Thanks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zachroidott For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (07-12-2018)

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,032x in 24,871 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    I just figured something out. You're not acting. You really _are_ as crazy as you sound. Let me take a few minutes to recover from that. It's quite a shock. I really did think you were just a particularly butthurt troll-stalker. It didn't strike me that you actually believed the idiocy you write. So, you're claiming that because the three-inch sea-level rise over the past 20 years didn't obliterate your favorite beach, that means there's been no sea level no rise, and all the data is a big hoax. Wow, that's stupid. And to think you thought it was a brilliant argument, and wrote it up, and hit the post button, and thought to yourself "Dang, that's good!". The mind boggles. Oh, I see none of the conservatives were willing to condemn their side's attempts to send climate scientists to The Gulag. That was predicatable. Without exception, every Trump cultist is thrilled with their side's Stalinist anti-science agenda. It gives them an authoritarian tingle up the leg.
    warning

Warning

WARNING - @mamooth and @Captdon and EVERYBODY quit bickering about each other and discuss the topic of the thread instead. Also, stay within OtSS guidelines. Moderation will be stepped up if this continues.

If you have questions or concerns about this moderation action, please use the Report button to let us know.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,469x in 36,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A Stalinist anti-science agenda? The primary field to suffer from the ideological objections of Soviet intellectuals was genetics. The USSR was otherwise a materialist society obsessed with science, progress and machines. Much like the US...
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (07-12-2018)

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,068
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,262x in 20,293 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    A Stalinist anti-science agenda? The primary field to suffer from the ideological objections of Soviet intellectuals was genetics. The USSR was otherwise a materialist society obsessed with science, progress and machines. Much like the US...
    It's too bad the Liberal Progressives are still living in the 17th century
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

+ Reply to Thread