User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Results 121 to 130 of 130

Thread: Trump is Bankrupting his Base.

  1. #121
    Points: 420,018, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    391791
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    139,266
    Points
    420,018
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    13,477
    Thanked 39,359x in 29,138 Posts
    Mentioned
    1639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Perhaps mamooth reframes reality in term of identity politics because that's such a strong force on the left that embraces it.

    Tribal is an odd word to use in that context for according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribalism



    Identity polics, derived from Marxist class warfare, pits identity groups as masses against other identity groups, oppressors vs oppressed, seeking social rather than individual justice.

    Supporters of Trump are hardly a tribe.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    That makes no sense.

    The left is diverse, so it doesn't have a tribal identity.
    In contrast, the right is almost all white and Christian. Hence, the rabid identify politics of the right, which you don't find on the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It makes no sense because you cut out most of my post @ http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...=1#post2377185

    That's dishonest.



    You just demonstrated my point. You embrace identity politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post

    You may be hung up on Marxist definitions, but liberals aren't, so we pay no attention to them.

    We just observe. The Trump movement is entirely about identify politics, on a scale never seen before in the USA.



    I embrace telling the simple truth. And it triggered you badly.

    Now, what does Marx tell you to say about that? Go check (assuming that you don't have some relevant passage by Marx already memorized.)

    You just demonstrated my point, again. You embrace identity politics. You frame everything in terms of it.



    You're also, lol, off topic in your own thread.
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

    MisterVeritis (07-10-2018)

  3. #122
    Points: 20,974, Level: 35
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 976
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    3804
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South Carolina now.
    Posts
    9,958
    Points
    20,974
    Level
    35
    Thanks Given
    15,769
    Thanked 3,795x in 2,946 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have this idiotic belief that polls mean anything. Go find a farmer who doesn't support Trump.

    Clinton Cultists are so far in denial they can see $#@! when they step in it.

    The party in power averages a 24 seat loss. That's history. That would give the Dems control of the House but don't bet any money on it.

    Where is the authoritarian other than in your head. The illegals are still here, the wall isn't built and other things an a dictator would have done. Hell, he'd have has you shot before this.

    Someone like you shouldn't be calling someone a sociopath.

    I have yet to see you state a single fact. You find some poll and try to say that's fact and no one believes that.
    Last edited by Captdon; 07-10-2018 at 05:42 PM.
    Democrats are a clear and present danger to our democracy and our society.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

    Chris (07-10-2018)

  5. #123
    Points: 20,974, Level: 35
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 976
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    3804
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South Carolina now.
    Posts
    9,958
    Points
    20,974
    Level
    35
    Thanks Given
    15,769
    Thanked 3,795x in 2,946 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    You do understand that crop-revenue insurance isn't free, right? And that not everyone buys it?
    I don't care what a bad or stupid business man does. If you own a business and you bet it on a horse race and lose that's on you. I don't care.
    Democrats are a clear and present danger to our democracy and our society.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

    Chris (07-10-2018)

  7. #124
    Points: 20,974, Level: 35
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 976
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    3804
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South Carolina now.
    Posts
    9,958
    Points
    20,974
    Level
    35
    Thanks Given
    15,769
    Thanked 3,795x in 2,946 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    That makes no sense.

    The left is diverse, so it doesn't have a tribal identity.
    In contrast, the right is almost all white and Christian. Hence, the rabid identify politics of the right, which you don't find on the left.
    The left is made up of frauds, freaks and freeloaders.
    Democrats are a clear and present danger to our democracy and our society.

  8. #125
    Points: 20,974, Level: 35
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 976
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    3804
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South Carolina now.
    Posts
    9,958
    Points
    20,974
    Level
    35
    Thanks Given
    15,769
    Thanked 3,795x in 2,946 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You just demonstrated my point, again. You embrace identity politics. You frame everything in terms of it.



    You're also, lol, off topic in your own thread.

    There is no dealing with dishonesty, Chris.


    He's a parrot.
    Democrats are a clear and present danger to our democracy and our society.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

    Chris (07-10-2018)

  10. #126
    Points: 93,392, Level: 74
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 1,358
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    282715
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Madison
    Posts
    45,559
    Points
    93,392
    Level
    74
    Thanks Given
    32,357
    Thanked 14,076x in 10,935 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    The left is made up of frauds, freaks and freeloaders.
    They are abnormal people.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (07-10-2018)

  12. #127
    Points: 896, Level: 6
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered
    mamooth's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    70
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    330
    Points
    896
    Level
    6
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanked 60x in 49 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    You have this idiotic belief that polls mean anything.
    All politicians think they mean something. They were very accuragte for the 2016 election.

    (Yep, I am playing "bait the loonies" there. They won't be able to resist, and I'll get to have more fun with them.)

    Go find a farmer who doesn't support Trump.
    The piece referenced in the OP talked to some. And, as is usual with you, it contradicted with your kook cult worldview, so you had a meltdown.

    Clinton Cultists are so far in denial they can see $#@! when they step in it.
    Why are you babbling about Clinton now? Is The Clenis, the ghastly floating specter Bill Clinton's disembodied member, still following you around, haunting your dreams, and whispering unspeakable depravities to you? I can see why that would make you so cranky.

    Where is the authoritarian other than in your head. The illegals are still here, the wall isn't built and other things an a dictator would have done. Hell, he'd have has you shot before this.

    You're not making any sense, as usual. How does the fact that Trump fanatics are usually authoritarian-follower personalities mean that I should have been shot already?

    Someone like you shouldn't be calling someone a sociopath.
    Like I said, most Trump followers are authoritarian-followers, not sociopaths. Sheep. Good Germans.

    I have yet to see you state a single fact. You find some poll and try to say that's fact and no one believes that.
    I'm not sorry for triggering you like this. You needed to be dragged out of your SafeSpace, no matter how much it hurts you. It's your first step on the road back to rationality and morality.

  13. #128
    Points: 896, Level: 6
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered
    mamooth's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    70
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    330
    Points
    896
    Level
    6
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanked 60x in 49 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You just demonstrated my point, again. You embrace identity politics. You frame everything in terms of it.
    So, by your logic, if I point out that the person holding the bloody knife is a murder, it means I'm a murderer.

    Your logic is always very unlike our mere Earth logic. I suppose it makes sense in your home dimension, but here in this realm, it just mystifies us.

  14. #129
    Points: 420,018, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    391791
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    139,266
    Points
    420,018
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    13,477
    Thanked 39,359x in 29,138 Posts
    Mentioned
    1639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    So, by your logic, if I point out that the person holding the bloody knife is a murder, it means I'm a murderer.

    Your logic is always very unlike our mere Earth logic. I suppose it makes sense in your home dimension, but here in this realm, it just mystifies us.
    No, not what I'm saying.
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  15. #130
    Points: 20,974, Level: 35
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 976
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    3804
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South Carolina now.
    Posts
    9,958
    Points
    20,974
    Level
    35
    Thanks Given
    15,769
    Thanked 3,795x in 2,946 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    No, not what I'm saying.
    It doesn't matter what you say. This guy isn't a thinker.
    Democrats are a clear and present danger to our democracy and our society.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO