Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Autobiographical Note 1.

My Autobiography would take a book. I do not write books, I write nanoessays. Hopefully, one day I will self-publish a book containing a few short stories and over a hundred nanoessays. I appreciate everyone who gives me feedback on the nanoessays I write.

In this nanoessay I will discuss my actual and ideal career choices. An important part of myself is my Moderate Autism and Moderate Depression. My Autism is innate, while Depression is not necessarily so.

Moderate Autism is a significant Disability. Being Moderately Autistic, I do not drive, nor do I have a driver's license. Driving is much more dangerous for someone who may not be able to concentrate on the road ahead. Not thinking about the latest online debate may not be possible for an Autistic. A Moderately Autistic individual may not be able to find friends -- he/she may not be malleable by Society. A Moderately Autistic individual may not be able to find job. I am unemployed. For an individual with Moderate Autism, working at a job he/she does not like may be torturous. I can not work on STEM problems more then 10 hours a week. I am very grateful to my parents for supporting me. In USA, there are 44 Million people with Mental Disability, many of whom do not have support. The situation of 10 Million people with Severe Mental Disability is much worse -- I can not even imagine.

Moderate Autism may be a great Asset. Most Autistic people have an interest or a range of interests on which they focus most of the time. Most successful scientists had an Autistic Interest coinciding with their occupation. They were able to work and enjoy working on their interest for countless hours. Autistic Interest and perseverance brought them great results. Other Disabilities may also be assets for some people -- many popular artists and singers either ``suffer" hallucinations or induce them by drugs. One T-short popular in 1990s said ``I do not suffer insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it".

My Autistic Interest is writing about Social Issues. For instance, I believe that men in the Western World suffer significant discrimination. Men are discriminated in Divorce. Men get 63\% longer sentences for the same crime. Male DV victims are more likely to be arrested then helped. Men accused of sexual misconduct are presumed guilty. Male Bashing is very common and accepted in MSM. Even though these issues interest me since 1995, it is impossible to make money writing about them. Very few publishers would publish Politically Incorrect material. Moreover, people who write about these issues suffer severe repercussions from SJWs. Advocating for Politically Incorrect victims of Abuse and Discrimination in modern Western World is as difficult as being a Dissident in any Totalitarian state.

Given that it is impossible to make money by being a Dissident, I had to continue with a different career path. I was proficient in Mathematics, although I disliked it with passion. I was told by a therapist, that with PhD in Math I could make good money. I did get a PhD in Mathematics, which was a great mistake. After many years I am still unemployed. The main reason I can not find employment in Mathematics is that anyone who works with me understands my lack of interest in the subject.

Looking back, I am thinking of my mistakes. My first mistake was trying to earn a lot of money doing something I do not like. I should not have tried to sell myself for a salary, I do not need anyway. It would have been much better if I got a Bachelor's and a simple job. I do not need more then $25,000 per year. If I am not going to work on the subject of my interest, the main criteria for a job are low difficulty and low work load. A work load of 25 hours a week would be OK. A businessman who works unreasonable hours on a boring and difficult job in order to support his family makes a poor role model.

Maybe I should have tried to find a job related to my interest. There are no shelters for abused men, or Men's Studies departments. The only profession which helps mostly men is Defense Attorney. Even if I could not have become a Lawyer, I could have become a Lawyer's assistant. First hand experience would have given me much more material to write about.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CCitizen For This Useful Post:

DLLS (07-10-2018),Peter1469 (07-10-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Helena's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,314x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    A Moderately Autistic individual may not be able to find friends -- he/she may not be malleable by Society.
    Am I autistic?

For an individual with Moderate Autism, working at a job he/she does not like may be torturous.
    Today I learned 90% of workers are tortured souls.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Am I autistic?
    I have an official diagnosis given to me in 1990s and reaffirmed many times since.

Autism can be a Disability or it can be a Talent depending on situation.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 547x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Years ago I was recently separated from my wife and this lady I would always see at the apartment mailbox area invited me to have Thanksgiving with her family. A very nice lady and a warm gesture.

As I was enjoying Thanksgiving I noticed some photos on their refrigerator of one of their sons in an incubator. She started telling me about him and the fact that he was autistic.

I did not notice any difference in actions between him and his brother but he was on medication so that could have been a factor.

She directed my attention to their front door, no not to leave, they had to have the apartment management company put on a lock that required a key from the inside to open it so the child would not wander off.

The kid was only six at the time.
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
    — Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    — The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    As I was enjoying Thanksgiving I noticed some photos on their refrigerator of one of their sons in an incubator. She started telling me about him and the fact that he was autistic.
    I did not notice any difference in actions between him and his brother but he was on medication so that could have been a factor.
    Probably he is Mildly Autistic. I am Moderately Autistic. A Severely Autistic person would not be able to express their thoughts in writing.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Helena's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,314x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably he is Mildly Autistic. I am Moderately Autistic. A Severely Autistic person would not be able to express their thoughts in writing.
    What sorts of things do you find humorous?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    What sorts of things do you find humorous?
    I rarely watch comedy. I am not sure I have a good sense of humor.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a family member with a form of autism. He is a great kid skilled in athletics and would run and bike circles around anyone. Autistic peole are special. I hope the OP finds his/her specialty and life in happiness of achievement. Best of luck and product of your hard work CCitizen !!
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyz For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (07-10-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,487x in 94,934 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like you said focus on what you like. You have your parents to fall back on, so that is good.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (07-10-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Like you said focus on what you like. You have your parents to fall back on, so that is good.
    Definitely -- better late then never.

If only I could talk to CCitizen1992.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CCitizen For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-10-2018)

+ Reply to Thread