Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,010x in 10,722 Posts
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Iraq is only in its current state because the Iraqi government got its stuff together.
    Got its' stuff together after being directly armed and supported by the US government against what was a existential threat to their very existence. The 'sideshow' Islamic State. Got it's stuff together after the US introduced thousands of US troops, thousands of airstrikes, the retaking of their major cities such as Mosul, and the rebuilding of their security and communications infrastructure.

What are you rattling on about?
    How badly you, Ethereal, and donttread boned your analyses of the Islamic State, why?
    Last edited by Ransom; 07-15-2018 at 07:06 AM.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,585x in 94,416 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. You have no clue as to what an existential threat is. Got it. A note to others- this is why Neocons are dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    It has been explained by this Member the threat on many occasions, the post you responded to doesn't claim existential threat to the US. I've repeatedly repeated they stood no chance against US military power. Again, they weren't rejected by Sunnis as you predicted, they became an existential threat to the entire Levant. Taking massive areas of Syria and Iraq. Threatening Turkey, Iran, and Iraq. Defeating Iraqi army units, Shia militias, Syrian Army attempts to quash them, and defeating and pushing back Kurdish Peshmerga. That's called an existential threat, Peter. By November 2015, in direct contradiction to your claims, they are of vital national security interests to not only this nation...but our western Allies as well. They are recognizable in direct contradiction to your claims they'd be unrecognizable.

Most importantly, in order to extract from areas they threatened to become even more the existential threat...not a threat to invade the Jersey Shore as is the deflection....but overrun Baghdad as an example....direct and overt US military force would be required. In direct contradiction to Ethereal, Peter1469, and donttread, US forces would be required to step up current covert operations and put a serious amount of soldier, material, and technology into Iraq. Artillery, air power, facilitation of the Iraq Army, current logistics and operational control as we now had Russians in Syria not to mention every terror group from al-Qaeda to Hezbollah, every militia from Sunni to Shia, every regional nation from Iran to Turkey involved.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,768
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    What? Learn what? To attack countries for no good reason? To occupy anybody ? You don't even make sense . Iraq was clearly a huge cluster $#@! as even your neocon boy Cheny said it would be.
    Mornin Comrade. We're not speaking to occupation. The Iraq occupation you've already erred on as well, it's a broader theme. Associating Cheney a nice deflection, we're speaking to your...…..donttread's analysis on the Islamic State focused specifically on previous statements made between late 2014 and late 2015.

You specifically donttread…..were claiming fake threat. Boogieman. To consider not occupation....not a democracy inserted.....considering mere US involvement you vehemently opposed. You mocked threat analysis that ISIS had spread, was recruiting heavily. You mocked reports they were challenging al-Qaeda on a global scale, you urged we bring it all home, ignore the crisis.

I asked that you consider that the US might be the only nation capable of the firepower needed to extract ISIS and you mocked that. A doctors without borders hospital worker was, an American, was raped and murdered by ISIS and when this Member called out enough is enough, you mocked that as well. Not one month before Paris.....donttread, came your now infamous what possible threat does ISIS pose this country. Followed by the Paris attacks and the Russian airliner brought down, the ISIS threat became clear to so many.

And of course.....what actually did roll ISIS back, what actually did defuse their influence....was direct and overt US military involvement and which of the 4 in the debate at the time was calling for such action he considered inevitable and necessary for a year prior?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. You have no clue as to what an existential threat is. Got it. A note to others- this is why Neocons are dangerous.
    ISIS found that Neocons are very dangerous, are an existential threat to their Caliphate or mini state security. They'd much rather deal with Realpolitik. They'd much prefer the idle govern America and western powers. Those who 'predict' outcomes. Those steeped in denial(Ethereal and Peter). Those who would rather just say fck it(donttread) let em wipe the planet out.

You were wrong Peter. ISIS proved itself an existential threat to Iraq, Kurd autonomy, Shia militias, Sunni Tribal factions, and Syrian Civil War participants. In direct contraction to the claims of Peter, Ethereal, and donttread, they quickly attained vital national security threat to this nation status. And in direct contradiction to the predictions of the three mentioned above.....it became even more clear that direct and overt US military involvement would be necessary, was in fact inevitable. As was explained to you.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @donttread please for my amusement, repeat your analysis of the Islamic State in October of 2015.

I've already linked to both Ethereal and Peter's crowing achievements. Already directly linked giving content and context of their analyses, their versions of reality. Why not....just for my entertainment now....return to jut a few years ago and repeat your version of events. I would enjoy that.

Pete, you can go ahead and give yours too, not really necessary as I've already quoted you explaining some years ago that ISIS wasn't a threat to anyone, that in fact within a year, they'd be unrecognizable...….rather than mowing through Paris coordinating attacks or crashing airliners.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You three;

Ransom;

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,585x in 94,416 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ISIS found that Neocons are very dangerous, are an existential threat to their Caliphate or mini state security. They'd much rather deal with Realpolitik. They'd much prefer the idle govern America and western powers. Those who 'predict' outcomes. Those steeped in denial(Ethereal and Peter). Those who would rather just say fck it(donttread) let em wipe the planet out.

You were wrong Peter. ISIS proved itself an existential threat to Iraq, Kurd autonomy, Shia militias, Sunni Tribal factions, and Syrian Civil War participants. In direct contraction to the claims of Peter, Ethereal, and donttread, they quickly attained vital national security threat to this nation status. And in direct contradiction to the predictions of the three mentioned above.....it became even more clear that direct and overt US military involvement would be necessary, was in fact inevitable. As was explained to you.
    Leave foreign policy to those who are not arm chair generals.

Thanks.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leave foreign policy to those who are not arm chair generals.

Thanks.
    Oh, I am leaving foreign policy up to you, @Peter1469. And @Ethereal. And @donttread. I urge all three of you to continue spouting, winging, and thrusting yourselves into the foreign policy analyses here, number one it provides me entertainment. Two, it provides a record I can post up here and roar in laughter while you three try to defend that record.

For we know that even those to the left of we Neocons urged airstrikes against ISIS in Iraq The British Parliament in fact approved airstrikes in Iraq....not in Syria....but in Iraq against ISIS as early as September 2014. The British Parliament not exactly your Neocon proponents by Dec of 2015 had approved airstrikes inside Syria, ISIS apparent and very recognizable to the English.

The French.....we know how the French responded don't we? By December of 2015, they are striking in Syria, attacking ISIS in Raqqa. They claimed that prior to that any attacks on ISIS might inadvertently support Assad's government by killing Assad's enemies......but the French after losing 129 at that concert venue.....wanted blood.

The United States as well finally woke up. Finally recognized what some Observers predicted would be unrecognizable.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instructions:

A). Type the word ISIL into the Search function here on tpf
    B). Type anyone of these three names Peter1469, Ethereal, or donttread
    C). Hit enter
    D). Scroll through and look to see thread starts and posts between 2014 and 2015 from any or all 3
    E). Read and enjoy
    F). The grade given these three for content, knowledge base, historical perspective(F-), and geopolitical skill.
    G). For Gross negligence points for the two who claim such vast knowledge and experience
    H). For How the fck do you 3 bone these analyses up so badly
    I). Incredibly difficult to be more wrong
    J). Just what in the actual fck.
    K). Absolute Ka Ka
    L). Laugh my ass off
    Last edited by Ransom; 07-15-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,521x in 14,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @donttread please for my amusement, repeat your analysis of the Islamic State in October of 2015.

I've already linked to both Ethereal and Peter's crowing achievements. Already directly linked giving content and context of their analyses, their versions of reality. Why not....just for my entertainment now....return to jut a few years ago and repeat your version of events. I would enjoy that.

Pete, you can go ahead and give yours too, not really necessary as I've already quoted you explaining some years ago that ISIS wasn't a threat to anyone, that in fact within a year, they'd be unrecognizable...….rather than mowing through Paris coordinating attacks or crashing airliners.
    @Ransom I probably said they were just the "BAAMF" terror group of the day. Remember the government and media threw different boggiemen at us every day. I believe I underestimated ISIS, largely due to "The government that cried wolf " syndrome. However they grew while we were intervening or running ops all over the ME. We made their recruiting really, really, really easy.
    Another "ah shucks we're just incompetent " excuse from the feds like Ruby Ridge , Waco, Fast and $#@!ed up , "too big to fail" etc. We were in the ME running ops in country after country , we'd just spent what a trillion "fixing the ME" For those who would "welcome us a liberators"? We spent huge amounts of money on intel. And yet none of it, the money, the intel, the intervention, our noses being everywhere in the region stopped ISIS from growing more powerful than the groups we attacked the wrong country to deal with. None of it worked and you just recommend more of the same? Sure keep chasing failed policy it's what our government does best and what you continuously support. So
    1) How much effect of ISIS growth do you think came from western policy in the region?
    2) How did ISIS grow so strong given our massive presence in the ME? I know our presence was not as all out as you would of liked to see, but it was massive and widespread . So how did that happen under our "watchful eye"?

+ Reply to Thread