User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Former FBI lawyer Lisa Page subpoenaed to appear before House committees.....

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    How does this conspiracy theory differ from the previous hundred?

Don't you conspiracy cultists ever get discouraged at how all your weepy cult conspiracy theories never amount to anything?

After the first hundred times, an intelligent person would figure out they're being played. But no, the Trump cultists never figure it out. Each time one of their hilariously stupid conspiracy theories crater, they auto-declare how it's proof of an even bigger conspiracy. There's literally no data that could, in their minds, disprove their conspiracy, which places it in the category of a religious belief.
    Tell us how the IG made up a conspiracy theory again.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    Sessions is merely a figure head. He is letting Rosenstein run everything.

I am sure as a Senator he did a great job for his state but as the Attorney General he is grossly incompetent.

House Repubs have Rosenstein for not complying with a subpoenas. They need to take full measure on him.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (07-10-2018)

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 547x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    House Repubs have Rosenstein for not complying with a subpoenas. They need to take full measure on him.
    I watched the public hearing. Looking at Rosenstein's face when he answered questions gave me the impression he is one of those people who, at the risk of being crude, "think their crap don't stink"

I will go beyond that. His whole demeanor struck me as though he believed he was the smartest person in the room and those asking the questions were there for his personal amusement.
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
    — Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    — The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (07-10-2018),MMC (07-10-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    I watched the public hearing. Looking at Rosenstein's face when he answered questions gave me the impression he is one of those people who, at the risk of being crude, "think their crap don't stink"

I will go beyond that. His whole demeanor struck me as though he believed he was the smartest person in the room and those asking the questions were there for his personal amusement.
    I wouldn't play with him. Hook him for Contempt of Congress and start impeachment proceedings immediately. Then send word to Trump. We are $#@!canning the asswipe.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

DLLS (07-10-2018),MisterVeritis (07-10-2018)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lisa Page Subpoenaed for House Interview...But Accuses FBI of Failing to Provide Documents.....

The FBI reportedly agreed to let Page see her notes and documents in preparation for their interview, but she and her team are accusing the agency of dragging its feet. Page's lawyer Amy Jeffress now suggests her client won't show up at all.

"We asked the Committee staff to explain the scope of the investigation and provide sufficient notice that would allow her to prepare, which are normal conditions for congressional committees, but these committees have not followed the normal process," Jeffress said in a statement. "The FBI has agreed to provide Lisa with her notes and other documents to allow her to prepare, but they have not provided those documents to date, so we are still waiting to work out a reasonable date for her interview.".....snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...rview-n2498788

Find her guilty in absentee.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mamooth's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,069x in 786 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell us how the IG made up a conspiracy theory again.
    Is there a different IG in your dimension? The one in this reality kind of squashed all your conspiracy theories.

That must have been a crushing disappointment for you. Y'all spent months proclaiming how the IG report would definitely send Obama and Clinton to jail, THIS TIME FOR SURE! But no, that conspiracy flopped like all the others did.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    Is there a different IG in your dimension? The one in this reality kind of squashed all your conspiracy theories.

That must have been a crushing disappointment for you. Y'all spent months proclaiming how the IG report would definitely send Obama and Clinton to jail, THIS TIME FOR SURE! But no, that conspiracy flopped like all the others did.
    Inspector General Michael Horowitz said the Strzok-Page scandal hurt the FBI's standing with the public because federal agents appeared biased, …..snip~

Nobody said nor thought that your Special Man BO the peep would be sent to jail. Come back from the Twilight Zone.

And once Ma Barker was given the pass.....most knew she would just leave that taint on your kind.

Only the leftness thought it would be tainted love.

Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,245x in 27,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lisa Page Subpoenaed for House Interview...But Accuses FBI of Failing to Provide Documents.....
    The House has no authority to find anyone guilty of anything. But they can hold her in contempt of Congress.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 547x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The FBI reportedly agreed to let Page see her notes and documents in preparation for their interview, but she and her team are accusing the agency of dragging its feet. Page's lawyer Amy Jeffress now suggests her client won't show up at all.

"We asked the Committee staff to explain the scope of the investigation and provide sufficient notice that would allow her to prepare, which are normal conditions for congressional committees, but these committees have not followed the normal process," Jeffress said in a statement. "The FBI has agreed to provide Lisa with her notes and other documents to allow her to prepare, but they have not provided those documents to date, so we are still waiting to work out a reasonable date for her interview.".....snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...rview-n2498788

Am I missing something here (possibly since I did not click the link) but isn't the purpose of a subpoena to compel some one to testify and/or provide documents?

Doesn't the word "compel" translate in layman's terms to "you have to do this or there will be legal consequences"

Since when, aside from having a judge quash a subpoena, can a person refuse to appear just because they don't feel like it?

I think it is time the Chair of the Committee send a letter to Page's attorney suggesting, in the strongest possible terms, that she better make damn sure her client does comply or the Sergeant at Arms of the House will use all available methods to cause Ms Page to be arrested and incarcerated in the House jail.

I believe all that I have stated above is possible under law.
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
    — Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    — The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

barb012 (07-10-2018)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    barb012's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,459x in 906 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just in, Lisa Page is not going to her hearing.

+ Reply to Thread