User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: John McCain should resign

  1. #1
    Points: 1,695, Level: 9
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    555
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    827
    Points
    1,695
    Level
    9
    Thanks Given
    140
    Thanked 545x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    John McCain should resign

    I realize that since Senator McCain did not graduate anywhere close to the top of his class at Annapolis (he finished closer to the bottom) and the fact he has brain cancer might limit his ability to make intelligent informed decisions.

    Since he cannot make decisions for himself his family needs to step in and encourage him to resign from the Senate so the governor of Arizona can name a replacement (hopefully not another McCain).

    It has been pointed out numerous times with McCain no longer casting votes in the Senate the Republicans only have a one vote advantage (50 to 49) which means that it would only take one RINO (Susan Collins comes to mind) to sink President Trump's Supreme Court pick.

    I have not recently perused the U.S. Constitution but I believe there are options available to the Senate to remove one of their members when they cease to be competent enough to perform the job. I assume the Senate is unwilling to forcibly remove McCain because they fear that would leave a "black mark" on his record. Apparently they have not realized that most of his career in the Senate left a black mark on his record.

    There is not much I am inclined to thank the Obama voters for, but they did save the nation from John Boy McCain.
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

    "The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

    HawkTheSlayer (07-10-2018),MisterVeritis (07-10-2018),MMC (07-10-2018),ODB (07-10-2018)

  3. #2
    Points: 17,010, Level: 31
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    Beevee's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    58169
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Near Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    6,164
    Points
    17,010
    Level
    31
    Thanks Given
    18
    Thanked 1,168x in 931 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange you should post that since McCain, even with his ailments, has the ability to impart a sentence without changing his mind three times before he has finished saying it.
    If only Trump had that ability.

  4. #3
    Points: 1,695, Level: 9
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    555
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    827
    Points
    1,695
    Level
    9
    Thanks Given
    140
    Thanked 545x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    Strange you should post that since McCain, even with his ailments, has the ability to impart a sentence without changing his mind three times before he has finished saying it.
    If only Trump had that ability.
    Was McCain ever elected President?
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

    "The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

    pjohns (07-10-2018)

  6. #4
    Points: 17,010, Level: 31
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    Beevee's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    58169
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Near Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    6,164
    Points
    17,010
    Level
    31
    Thanks Given
    18
    Thanked 1,168x in 931 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was Trump? The amount of votes cast would point to a no! no!

  7. #5
    Points: 1,695, Level: 9
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    555
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    827
    Points
    1,695
    Level
    9
    Thanks Given
    140
    Thanked 545x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    Was Trump? The amount of votes cast would point to a no! no!
    We have this thing called the Electoral College, and California has this thing where they provide drivers' licenses to illegals and let them register to vote at the same time they apply for their license. Thus greatly increasing the risk of non-citizens casting ballots on election day in the state of California.

    Now I realize that according to the left voter fraud never occurs which is why they oppose voter i.d. laws.
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

    "The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

    HawkTheSlayer (07-10-2018),Peter1469 (07-10-2018),pjohns (07-10-2018)

  9. #6
    Points: 93,392, Level: 74
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 1,358
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    282715
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Madison
    Posts
    45,559
    Points
    93,392
    Level
    74
    Thanks Given
    32,357
    Thanked 14,076x in 10,935 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    Was Trump? The amount of votes cast would point to a no! no!
    All abnormals believe as you do. Normal people recognize that President Trump won by a large margin.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

    HawkTheSlayer (07-10-2018),pjohns (07-10-2018)

  11. #7
    Points: 23,930, Level: 37
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    pjohns's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    11574
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,077
    Points
    23,930
    Level
    37
    Thanks Given
    5,611
    Thanked 1,268x in 897 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    Was Trump [elected president]? The amount of votes cast would point to a no! no!
    Do you seriously believe that the popular vote is what determines the winner of the presidential election?

    If it did, then in January of 2001, we should have been speaking of President Gore...

  12. #8
    Original Ranter
    Points: 160,872, Level: 95
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 778
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    40578
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    39,316
    Points
    160,872
    Level
    95
    Thanks Given
    12,300
    Thanked 9,569x in 7,247 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beevee View Post
    Strange you should post that since McCain, even with his ailments, has the ability to impart a sentence without changing his mind three times before he has finished saying it.
    If only Trump had that ability.
    At least Trump don't utter and stutter then fail at whatever he does. Now if only you could say that about your Special Man.
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

  13. #9
    Original Ranter
    Points: 160,872, Level: 95
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 778
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    40578
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    39,316
    Points
    160,872
    Level
    95
    Thanks Given
    12,300
    Thanked 9,569x in 7,247 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    I realize that since Senator McCain did not graduate anywhere close to the top of his class at Annapolis (he finished closer to the bottom) and the fact he has brain cancer might limit his ability to make intelligent informed decisions.

    Since he cannot make decisions for himself his family needs to step in and encourage him to resign from the Senate so the governor of Arizona can name a replacement (hopefully not another McCain).

    It has been pointed out numerous times with McCain no longer casting votes in the Senate the Republicans only have a one vote advantage (50 to 49) which means that it would only take one RINO (Susan Collins comes to mind) to sink President Trump's Supreme Court pick.

    I have not recently perused the U.S. Constitution but I believe there are options available to the Senate to remove one of their members when they cease to be competent enough to perform the job. I assume the Senate is unwilling to forcibly remove McCain because they fear that would leave a "black mark" on his record. Apparently they have not realized that most of his career in the Senate left a black mark on his record.

    There is not much I am inclined to thank the Obama voters for, but they did save the nation from John Boy McCain.
    McCain should resign. Since he wont be able to cast any votes. Like with Kavanaugh.
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

    HawkTheSlayer (07-10-2018)

  15. #10
    Points: 5,651, Level: 17
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocial5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HawkTheSlayer's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    968
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Acadiana
    Posts
    835
    Points
    5,651
    Level
    17
    Thanks Given
    1,865
    Thanked 958x in 514 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    McCain should resign. Since he wont be able to cast any votes. Like with Kavanaugh.
    Don't worry. He soon will.
    For good.


    203218.jpg

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO