Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,245x in 27,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    I am not 100% sold on Kavanaugh based on what I have heard in the media. Though I guess I should consider the source.

I was personally hoping for the female catholic (I forget her name). Not only do I believe she would have been a strong voice in support of the Constitution but also a hell of a lot better to look at than Ruth, Sonya and Elaine.

Hopefully she will have her chance in the not to distant future. Not wishing death on any current Justices but am hoping Ruth Buzzy will retire.
    If you like what Kavanaugh argued in court about turning the penalty in the law into a tax (not written in the law) and you like what Roberts did to turn an unconstitutional law into a Constitutional law, then you will love Kavanaugh.

Kavanaugh, in that argument, showed he does not adhere to the Constitution.

We can do better than Kavanaugh. We should reject Kavanaugh and demand a Constitutional Conservative.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    If you like what Kavanaugh argued in court about turning the penalty in the law into a tax (not written in the law) and you like what Roberts did to turn an unconstitutional law into a Constitutional law, then you will love Kavanaugh.

Kavanaugh, in that argument, showed he does not adhere to the Constitution.

We can do better than Kavanaugh. We should reject Kavanaugh and demand a Constitutional Conservative.
    You have been misled about Kavanaugh and BO the Peeps special Package.

Kavanaugh’s thorough and principled takedown of the mandate was indeed a roadmap for the Supreme Court—the Supreme Court dissenters, justices Antonin Scalia, Anthony Kennedy, Clarence Thomas, and Samuel Alito, who explained that the mandate violated the Constitution. I am very familiar with that opinion, because I served as Kennedy’s law clerk that term. I can tell you with certainty that the only justices following a roadmap from Brett Kavanaugh were the ones who said Obamacare was unconstitutional....snip~

http://thefederalist.com/2018/07/03/...nted-unlawful/
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    This time, Trump Derangement Syndrome is getting a bad rap. Paranoids have real enemies and leftists whose heads are exploding over the president’s nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court have real reasons to be horrified.

And, no, it’s not because of abortion, which is probably the least of their problems right now. It’s all the other tentacles of coercive liberalism that Democrats were able to ram down the throats of ordinary Americans for more than half a century thanks to activist courts.

Their heyday is over — if Kavanaugh is confirmed and becomes the reliable fifth vote to uphold the original intent of the Constitution. In that case, Dems would be out in the cold and America would be witnessing the advent of a new legal era, though it will take years to be fully realized because of the Supremes’ deference to earlier rulings.

Except for brief stretches under Chief Justice William Rehnquist, most people alive today don’t know what it’s like to have a Supreme Court where the majority consistently believes its job is to interpret the laws, not make them. Beginning in 1953, when President Dwight Eisenhower nominated Earl Warren as chief justice, the Supreme Court started to act more like a Supreme Congress and only rarely stopped. Ideas that couldn’t make it through state legislatures or Congress nonetheless became law when as few as five justices imposed them on the nation.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/11/why-de...h-appointment/
    Correct, the Demos know he has maintained the Originalist format on the Separations of Powers shutting them down in DC Appellate Court.

Also they know he is a Hard Core 2nd Amendment proponent, and will rule against any bans on Semi Auto weapons. Pistols and long guns.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread