midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Repeat epiphanies? mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa, how is it one forgets these things? You cannot rationally argue or discuss issues with people whose belief system is not rationally based. One can prove Hillary's email use was fine within the times and security polices in place then but it would not matter because the hater is going to hate and their response is conditioned not reasonable. Reason has no place in this matter. That most people in the Bush administration and even in the Trump administration did the same is cast aside for they are not the object. When someone is demonized, logic and sense are forgotten. And technological explanations do not matter either for again it is the object and not the analysis that matter. Mea culpa.

Some source info:

https://www.newsweek.com/hillary-cli...y-right-493120

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...illary-clinton

"Belief and knowledge are considered to be two different things. But they are not." Stanley Fish
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,039x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that you seem to forget is that Hillary's emails belong to me. They are a public record unless and until the appropriate federal legal authorities decide that they are personal. There are procedures for that and letting her or her lawyer screen them is inappropriate. Assuming for the sake of argument that it is appropriate, they must be maintained for the expected public records lawsuit so that a federal judge can say "Yes, I agree these are exempt from production as personal." That never happened here and some of us believe that she is a pathological liar and a crook. Well, maybe not a crook but a corrupt politician. Hence, Hillary destroyed my property. Those materials have never been produced for a federal judge to peruse. So, with all this backup, redundancy, etc. where are they? Absent a federal judge reviewing those documents and an appellate court blessing that decision, there will always be justified skepticism on what she destroyed.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Captdon (07-17-2018),Lummy (07-17-2018),MisterVeritis (07-17-2018)

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    @Captdon

Clinton's lawyers reviewed her emails. We know what was in them. And you cannot delete a sent email as it resides in multiple places thus the laptop that helped Comey help elect a complete moron as president - that was Weiner's wife's PC which contained lots of those so called scrubbed emails. Dumb term used to pull the wool over the eyes of the lambs. You guys are easily played and believe what fits your bigotry. I quoted enough info above. The morons in congress wasted millions investigating Hillary's email and came up with nothing. Technology is often made complicated so as to confuse the easily confused.
    Clinton's lawyers? Yea, that settles it. She was using a private server that she scrubbed.33,000 have disappeared. Since we don't now who they were sent to we have no way to track them. She was using a private server. You know better than to say they could have been recovered. Bad excuse.

I know how the net works too. I've had web sites and designed web sites with e-mail functions for 25 years. I know what a private server can do that G-mail can't. Try this on someone who doesn't know how the net works.

The middle Americans voted who they wanted and also saved is from a hack President, a disgrace to women and a crook. Got it?
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    @MMC

Huh? that made no sense, you said nothing, source please, please try not to look dumb. Switch off? ????
    Switched out not switched off.....duh.

Why Clinton's Private Email Server Was Such a Security ...

https://www.wired.com/2015/03/clintons-email-server-vulnerable
    Hillary Clinton's homebrew email solution potentially left the communications of the top US foreign affairs official vulnerable to state-sponsored hackers. Why Clinton's Private Email Server Was Such a Security Fail

For 3 months Hillary Clinton’s email was unencrypted, …

fortune.com/2015/03/11/hillary-clinton-email-unsecure
    Venafi, a Salt Lake City computer security firm, has conducted an analysis of clintonemail.com and determined that “for the first three months of Secretary Clinton’s term, access to the server was not encrypted or authenticated with a digital certificate.” In other words: For three months, Clinton’s server lay vulnerable to snooping, hacking, …
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 547x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    One thing that you seem to forget is that Hillary's emails belong to me. They are a public record unless and until the appropriate federal legal authorities decide that they are personal.
    They may be a public record if they were created on government equipment but she created them on her own private server. Now if that eliminates one part of the public record argument let us pursue another.

She was no doubt using a government system to send those messages through her private server, and she was no doubt doing it on government time. Even if, for the sake of argument, she was using a non-government, non-secure HP that she bought at WalMart, after sniffing the air to make sure no Trump supporters were present, those in government who were sending her emails on her private server were no doubt doing so using government equipment so it could be said that at the point of origin they were public documents even though they ended up on her private server.

Is my logic completely off on this?

Then there is the argument made by some that if those records were in fact public then the server that housed them is government property. Not sure how but if I recall it was actually legal types making that argument.
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
    — Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    — The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    They may be a public record if they were created on government equipment but she created them on her own private server. Now if that eliminates one part of the public record argument let us pursue another.

She was no doubt using a government system to send those messages through her private server, and she was no doubt doing it on government time. Even if, for the sake of argument, she was using a non-government, non-secure HP that she bought at WalMart, after sniffing the air to make sure no Trump supporters were present, those in government who were sending her emails on her private server were no doubt doing so using government equipment so it could be said that at the point of origin they were public documents even though they ended up on her private server.

Is my logic completely off on this?

Then there is the argument made by some that if those records were in fact public then the server that housed them is government property. Not sure how but if I recall it was actually legal types making that argument.
    They were public records regardless. She doesn't get to decide what is and isn't public. No, the server isn't government property. Why would it be? The point it the emails were about her job and that makes it a public record.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 547x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    They were public records regardless. She doesn't get to decide what is and isn't public. No, the server isn't government property. Why would it be? The point it the emails were about her job and that makes it a public record.
    I thought I heard one of the guests on FOX (yeah I watch FOX so what) several months ago say something about since the server was used basically as state dept. property that made it tax payer property. Or something along those lines, perhaps it was about State dept. funds being used to maintain it. At time I wish my memory were better than it is.
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
    — Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    — The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-17-2018)

+ Reply to Thread