Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 208x in 133 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    They really haven't. The FBI are America's secret police as far as I'm concerned. And they're involved in a coup attempt against Trump. I just find it interesting (AKA hypocritical) that when I accuse the US government of being corrupt, it's "anti-American". But when posters like MMC do the exact same thing, it's somehow not anti-American. These are the sorts of logical pretzels I'm confronted with on a daily basis at this forum.
    You're having trouble because you don't appear to be able to distinguish the difference between America, and the people currently in governance over it.

The government isn't America.

I'm encouraged that you are able to see the glaringly obvious abuse of power currently attempting to thwart the will of the people. It is treason in it's purest form, yet those responsible are the ones with their hands on the levers of power. It is the classic conundrum: Who will watch the watchers?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to El Guapo For This Useful Post:

ODB (07-13-2018)

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    El Guapo's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 208x in 133 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dripping, smug condescension in strozk's testimony is illustrative of their mindset. He's completely confident that absolutely nothing is going to happen to him.

Nothing.

...and he's laughing in your face.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to El Guapo For This Useful Post:

ODB (07-13-2018)

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    spunkloaf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 807x in 609 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I still don't understand why you feel the need to crucify people in the government for having an opinion of the president. That's pretty fascist, don't you think? Where is your "FREE SPEECH" bull$#@!, now?
    Faith can move mountains, but don't forget to bring your shovel.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    spunkloaf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 807x in 609 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    You're having trouble because you don't appear to be able to distinguish the difference between America, and the people currently in governance over it.

The government isn't America.

I'm encouraged that you are able to see the glaringly obvious abuse of power currently attempting to thwart the will of the people. It is treason in it's purest form, yet those responsible are the ones with their hands on the levers of power. It is the classic conundrum: Who will watch the watchers?
    What do you mean? The republicans currently have control of all three branches of government, and it is expanding. So, you are criticizing republicans, then, right?
    Faith can move mountains, but don't forget to bring your shovel.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mamooth's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,080x in 797 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FOX News frantically cutting away when Strozk or the Democrats talked should have clued everyone in on how badly the Republicans were getting smacked around. It was a disaster for the GOP. They revealed themselves as corrupt partisan thugs in front of the whole nation. Granted, that won't sway many voters, but it only takes a small percentage shift to swing many elections.

That's why so few of the Trump followers here understand the degree of their masters' humiliation. They only watched FOX, and FOX made sure the public failure of their masters did not penetrate into their anti-reality bubble.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 547x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    That's why so few of the Trump followers here understand the degree of their masters' humiliation. They only watched FOX, and FOX made sure the public failure of their masters did not penetrate into their anti-reality bubble.
    You are wrong! I was switching between NewsMax and OAN. Then I caught what I missed later in the evening on C-Span which I had to switch away from FOX to do causing me to miss Hannity and Laura which means I did not receive my marching orders at all.

Could explain why I've been feeling kind of "blah" all day.
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
    — Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    — The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,580x in 26,042 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Lambda View Post
    Simple. The US Federal Bureau of Investigation was at one time the creame of the crop of Federal Law Enforcement. 1960s to the early 2000's, their press releases spoke for themselves. People whom were not only lawyers and accountants signed up, individuals with PHDs, and Master Degrees were on board the bureau. Success after success. White Collar crime was stamped out. Their Counter Intelligence Division was arresting cold war spys like the road runner burn the road in cartoons. They did not have to advertise, everyone and their brother had a set goal of becoming an FBI Agent.

Now, thanks to former US Attorney General Lynch, James Comey and others, the reputation and the credibility of the FBI is forever deeply scratched. And more than likely, some FBI Agents will have their cases / arrests reviewed.

A sad, sad year for Americans, and a incredible Federal Law Enforcement Agency. Mismanagement, poor leadership and a host of other problems has severely and maybe irreparably damaged the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Major Lambda
    What you have just described is a self-serving partisan fantasy. The FBI has always been corrupt and abusive, regardless of which party was in power at the time. The US government as a whole has been under the control of oligarchs since its creation. The idea that it was good at one point only to be corrupted by your political opponents is exactly what the Democrats say about you and other Republicans. It's not to be taken seriously by independent-minded people.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanger4 View Post
    Or a former SoS.
    Hypocrisy in both parties. Trump supporters (not all, but many of them) give Trump a pass on basically everything while Clinton supporters (not all, but many of them) do the same for Clinton. Meanwhile, non-partisan Americans simply look on in disgust at the whole thing. Must be why 94 million eligible voters abstained in the last election. They're the real silent majority.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

hanger4 (07-13-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Oh posting up what Grassley said is attacking the FBI? Throwing up a smiley winking about what Grassley stated is anti American?

When did you start playing full retard? At least when you are into your Hating the Country routine you appear more realistic. You do know playing retard makes you look dumber than you already are, Right?
    You're attacking the US government, accusing them of corruption and all sorts of things. That's America you're hating on, mister America-hater.
    --John Adams

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    There is a big difference, which obviously you still don't have the brain capacity to figure it out.

That difference is you dumping on damn near everything about the Country, Its government, its founders, and even its military leaders. Despite your stint in the Marines. You even blame the US for $#@! that other countries cause and do.

Like I said, you weren't talking any of the $#@! you do around here out in front of those Marines. And we both know exactly why.

You now may unloosen one of the knots you tie yourself up with.

Oh and don't worry give it a lil bit of time and our newer members will learn what you are all about. Then you can try to explain yourself or do what you normally do. Play victim and start blaming them for calling your ass out.
    Ethereal accuses the US government of corruption = Anti-American

MMC accuses the US government of corruption = Not anti-American

Be careful... you're double-standard is showing, mister hypocrite.
    --John Adams

+ Reply to Thread