User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My movie thread (if the mods would be kind enough to consolidate)

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 547x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My movie thread (if the mods would be kind enough to consolidate)

Instead of making a bunch of threads about movies I find interesting I decided to stick them all in one thread.

I hope I can prevail upon the moderators to consolidate my prior posts into this one.

Okay next up is Eloise's Lover

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1221188/

A young woman is hospitalized and in a coma after a serious accident. Through flashbacks we learn of her feelings for another woman.
    Sounds like a rather dull story line huh? It is actually a rather good movie. Though the girl falls in love with girl theme may not be to everyone's liking we must remember this is a thread about movies I like.

The preview might warrant a parental advisory. So if you don't think your parent(s) would like it don't show it to them.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I just redownloaded (is that a word) the torrent file on this because the previous dvd I made was not of the highest quality.

What I have been doing lately is:

1. Download the movie and subtitles (if the subtitles are including in the video I have a program to rip them out into a text file)

2. Rip the audio track and edit it with Cool Edit Pro

3. Adjust exposure using the color tools filter for video dub

4. Double check for spelling and other errors in the subtitles

5. Hard code the subs using Virtual dub (one day I hope to be able to have display of subs as an option on the DVD) still learning

6. Frameserve the video using TMPGnc at the highest possible resolution as determined by some literature I downloaded and an online calculatio program

7. Compile (mux) the audio track back into the video track

8. Use Womble DVD Easy to create the DVD

In the past I was concerned with adjust frame rates to meet the U.S. standard of 29.97fps but since I found out that Womble DVD Easy produces a DVD that is not specific to a given region I pretty much stopped giving a crap about adjusting frame rates and keep the original. When I was adjusting frame rates I would have to use a copy of Canopus Pro Coder that I discovered laying around the internet.

Bored? Well welcome to my world.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Egymásra nézve a.k.a. Another Way

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083872/

Political and sexual repression in Hungary, just after the revolution of 1956. In 1958, the body of Eva Szalanczky, a political journalist, is discovered near the border. Her friend Livia is in hospital with a broken neck; Livia's husband, Donci, is under arrest. In a flashback to the year before, we see what leads up to the tragedy. Eva gets a job as a writer. She meets Livia and is attracted to her. Livia feels much the same, but as a married woman, has doubts and hesitations. In their work, they (and Eva in particular) bang up against the limits of telling political truths; in private, they confront the limits of living out sexual and emotional truth.
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
    — Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    — The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    La ciociara a.k.a. Two Women

Being a refugee is not fun at all. This is a great movie.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054749/

Cesira is a beautiful widow and a successful grocery store owner in Rome. WWII is raging, and she fears for her beloved daughter, 13-year-old Rosetta, amid the daily bombings. They travel to the village where Cesira was born, where Cesira believes they will be safer. There, they are happy even as food dwindles. A young intellectual, Michele, falls in love with Cesira, who is too consumed with the well-being of her daughter and their survival to return his timid advances. As the allies advance, Cesira decides to return to Rome - and encounter the horrors of war at last.
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
    — Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    — The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

+ Reply to Thread