Thanked 2,314x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    you are a liberal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    trying to tar everyone with the same brush.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Helena For This Useful Post:

Orion Rules (07-12-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Helena's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,314x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://reason.com/archives/2018/05/...aside-kneejerk

It’s time for conservatives to recognize that efforts to reform police departments are as necessary as efforts to reform our public schools.

May 4, 2018
    When it comes to problems in the public schools, my conservative friends are right on target with their critique. These schools often do a poor or mediocre job performing an important function. That's because they lack competition and are funded by political priorities rather than customers. Teachers' unions have undue sway over the entire process. They make it nearly impossible to fire even grossly incompetent teachers and that small percentage harms many students. Those same unions drive up unsustainable benefit costs.
    Like everyone else, conservatives appreciate teachers—but they realize that the current taxpayer-funded system needs many reforms and more competition. There's nothing wrong with pointing this out, which is a reality in any government-funded, union-controlled monopoly anywhere in the world.

Yet when it comes to another type of taxpayer-funded, union-controlled monopoly, conservatives lose their sense of perspective. I'm referring, of course, to local and state police agencies. The same dynamic described above works there, too. Police agencies are bureaucratic. Unions protect the bad apples and make it nearly impossible to fire anyone—even officers caught on video misbehaving or being abusive to the public. The agencies hand out unsustainable benefits and have some bizarre spending priorities (tank-like vehicles, etc.). They are secretive and insular. They use asset forfeiture to grab the property of people never convicted or even accused of a crime. ...
    More here

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,625x in 14,846 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    The $#@! in this video is extremely juvenile and in my opinion, inexcusable. These kids are having a lark completely at the expense of these cops in a vague situation that are just trying to do their job. If these little sh-ts actually were press, I'd report them to their editors. If they're college students, I'd tell their professors and demand from them an explanation. They are literally just having fun pushing buttons trying to aggravate inappropriate police behavior, and they are horrible little brats for doing it. If it weren't for immigrants, they'd be protesting for some other stupid $#@!. It's ridiculous.

What are these stupid little $#@!s going to be like when they're middle aged? What kind of monsters will they have for kids? Why don't boomers kick the crap out of their spoiled rotten spawn for this anarchistic $#@!? All these little lollipop lickers seem to want is attention for causing ruin.

I really don't get it, but it sure annoys me to see this. It really doesn't get any better than what we have right now, and it's the outlaw left (Democrats, progressives, liberals, junkies, rabblerousers) that is here creating probably not entirely deserved sympathy for the cops, both incubating negative opinion among police about probably normal people (despite what you see), and generally causing undue misunderstanding, and for no other reason than the perverse pleasure in doing it, and because something bad is likely to eventually happen that they can blame on normal citizens -- right now being the right.

https://www.intellihub.com/muscle-bo...nd-grab-video/

Are these little monsters all on Soros-Clinton payroll? Grow the f--k up!

End of rant.

What did she do to begin with?

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She was there, the way I see it. If you don't want to get bopped on the head, don't participate in riots.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

ODB (07-13-2018)

+ Reply to Thread