User Tag List

Thread: Goodlatte to Democrats: ‘Replace Trump’s Name’ with Obama’s in Strzok’s Text Messages

Threaded View

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Wehrwolfen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 364x in 195 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodlatte to Democrats: ‘Replace Trump’s Name’ with Obama’s in Strzok’s Text Messages

Goodlatte to Democrats: ‘Replace Trump’s Name’ with Obama’s in Strzok’s Text Messages

By Melanie Arter
    July 12, 2018

(CNSNews.com) – In an opening statement at a joint hearing by the House Judiciary and the House Oversight and Government Reform Committees, Judiciary Chairman Robert Goodlatte (R-Va.) on Thursday asked Democrats to imagine FBI agent Peter Strzok’s text messages were about them, former President Barack Obama or former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. “For all those in this room who continue to disparage our investigation as mere conspiracy theory, and for all those who have chosen to ignore serious irregularities and potential crimes that we have uncovered, I say this: Imagine if you were under investigation and the investigator hated you, disparaged you in all manner of ways, and fraternized with another employee working on your case who also hated you, denigrated your supporters, and made crucial investigative decisions on how your case should be treated and eventually adjudicated,” Goodlatte said. “Would anyone sitting here today believe that this was an acceptable state of affairs, particularly at an agency whose motto is: fidelity, bravery, and integrity. I think not,” he said. “To my colleagues on the other side of the aisle, please replace Trump’s name with your own name in a small sample of things Mr. Strzok has said.
    ~Snip~
    “I implore my friends not to continue their efforts to undermine this investigation, and as for their rights, I submit that the rights that should concern us are the rights of the American people, namely to know the facts, to trust that their law enforcement agencies are operating fairly and justly and to feel secure in the knowledge that no one is above the law,” Goodlatte concluded.
    appointees

Source:https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...t-strzoks-text

~~~~~~
    But Democrats did not and could not do as Rep. Goodlatte asked. It would go against everything the DNC and the former administration had done to weaponize the agencies. Meanwhile it's plain to see that the Progressive Left were more than willing bury these investigations and allow this travesty to occur and are very willing to cover-up this scandal.
    Both Strzok and Page used government equipment in communications that now expose what they were really up to.
    At the end of the day, all these overblown legislators have are words. Where are the grand juries and indictments by the DoJ. It boggles the mind that someone
    would have to be an utterly ideology biased hack to not see the lawless behavior and abuse of power by Obama his administration and appointees on down.
    Today the smoke was fanned into a fire,
    you have to open your eyes and accept that it might actually be there. A Hillary exoneration without a grand jury with mountains of evidence against her? Immunity for witnesses with no reason to give it? Where was the investigation regarding the Clinton Foundation, Clinton's personal millions and links between donations and access? An investigation by an intentional leak to initiate a special prosecutor and FISA warrants on fraudulent dossier that we now know has three variations.
    W
    e The People are tired of words. We need to see real actions taken by law enforcement against these criminals. we need to be able to respect and trust the federal law enforcement agencies. we need to know that no one is above the law. All we have so far is talk, parsing, deflection, obstruction. What we seek is results and justice not cheap talk.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wehrwolfen For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (07-12-2018)