DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 547x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So N.F.L. players can kneel during the playing of The Star Spangled Banner because we cannot infringe on their first amendment right to freedom of speech bu the owner of Papa John's cannot say n*66er during a conference call.

Doesn't the Fourteenth Amendment say something about equal treatment?

If n-words are so offended by the n-word than perhaps the n-words need to stop enriching n-words who use the n-word in the so-called music the n-words produce for sale to other n-words.

Reading the above are you any less offended than if I would have used the actual word?
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
    — Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    — The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 1,068
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Chloe's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,024x in 5,736 Posts
    Mentioned
    1453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    Do a search for "William Ellison" you will discover that blacks owned slaves in this nation. In fact at the time of his death Ellison had ownership of 40 of his black brethren.

Personally I think Keith Ellison of the DNC needs to start paying reparations.
    I’m sorry but what does that have to do with white people today knowingly using a word connected to a dark part of our country’s history? Why keep that sort of word and division alive? Are you saying that a small % anecdote about a black slave owner means that the other 99% of American slave owners are off the hook? Does it excuse people today from using a word associated with slaves? Does it excuse people today from using a word associated with decades of second class citizenship a hundred years after the end of the civil war? These aren’t necessarily questions for you personally.
    Alaska Born ~ Oregon Grown

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    No. Crime is crime. Assault is assault, no matter what races are involved. It doesn't matter. Assault was a crime before it was a hate crime accompanied by maybe a racial slur or someone's assumption that because two different races were involved, it was a hate crime. The fact is, this hate crime nonsense is heavily biased in ONE direction.
    You mean you don't know that when one Caucasian beats the crap out of another Caucasian it is an act of love but when that same Caucasian beats the crap out of an n-word it is because of hate.

I thought everyone knew that.
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

Helena (07-13-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLLS View Post
    So N.F.L. players can kneel during the playing of The Star Spangled Banner because we cannot infringe on their first amendment right to freedom of speech bu the owner of Papa John's cannot say n*66er during a conference call.

Doesn't the Fourteenth Amendment say something about equal treatment?

If n-words are so offended by the n-word than perhaps the n-words need to stop enriching n-words who use the n-word in the so-called music the n-words produce for sale to other n-words.

Reading the above are you any less offended than if I would have used the actual word?
    I would imagine you use the whole word when you aren’t responding in a place where you could face discipline for using it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (07-13-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    I’m sorry but what does that have to do with white people today knowingly using a word connected to a dark part of our country’s history? Why keep that sort of word and division alive? Are you saying that a small % anecdote about a black slave owner means that the other 99% of American slave owners are off the hook? Does it excuse people today from using a word associated with slaves? Does it excuse people today from using a word associated with decades of second class citizenship a hundred years after the end of the civil war? These aren’t necessarily questions for you personally.
    So it is perfectly okay that n-word rappers make money liberally using the n-word in music they market to other n-words because the n-word only causes them to remember slavery when a white person uses it.

Is that basically what you are saying?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

Helena (07-13-2018)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Helena's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,314x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's either against the law for everyone to use a certain word (banning words is ridiculous and shows a kindergarten mentality), or it's not. EQUALITY under the law, is what we are SUPPOSED to be about. It's not against the law to use the N word. It is socially unacceptable. The people charged for using it are NOT celebs or high profile people.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Helena For This Useful Post:

Captdon (07-14-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Down the road... the way things are going? Likely. It's already a horrid situation in the UK. Freedom of speech is down the toilet, unless you're a protected class.. and guess what? That protected class ain't white/and/or is a horrible problematic political ideology disguised as a religion.

Tell me, if I beat my Jewish husband and called him the n-word while doing it, how many crimes would I be charged with, do you think? Do you need context as to why I beat him, or is just beating him the problem?
    Do you plan on beating your husband? You are asking hypotheticals based on what? A desire to have to deal with it personally? People aren’t charged with hate crimes loosely.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would imagine you use the whole word when you aren’t responding in a place where you could face discipline for using it?
    Actually I hardly ever use it. Now I do occasionally use the word sp*c but I earned that right since I was married to one.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Helena's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,314x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you plan on beating your husband? You are asking hypotheticals based on what? A desire to have to deal with it personally? People aren’t charged with hate crimes loosely.
    Didn't answer my questions.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They shouldn't be charged with them at all. They should be charged with the crime committed as though it were committed on someone of their own race, not face additional time just because the victim was not exactly white.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

Helena (07-13-2018)

+ Reply to Thread