User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Here's Why Four Republican Interns Were Kicked Out of a D.C. Uber.....

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's Why Four Republican Interns Were Kicked Out of a D.C. Uber.....

See Why This GOP Intern's Tweet About Uber Has Gone Viral.....

Four Congressional interns, who were selected as part of GOP Rep. Ken Buck's (CO-4) Diversity Internship Program which seeks to place African-American interns in Republican offices around Capitol Hill, were kicked out of an Uber ride Tuesday night because half of their party was carrying "Make America Great Again" hats.

Matthew Handy (a 20-year-old intern for Rep. Michael Bost [IL-12]), Elijah Allison (an intern for Rep. Ken Buck), Adria Barrington (a 33-year-old intern for Rep. David Schweikert [AZ-6]) and one other, entered an Uber hoping for a quick ride to a monthly MAGA meet-up at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. However, the driver immediately noticed Matthew's and Elijah's red hats--and he didn't take too kindly to them.

According to a recount of the story from the passengers, the driver looked in his rearview mirror and asked the young men, "Is that a Make America Great Again Hat?"

But what the driver said next shocked the group. "Well, I can’t take the ride," he stated.

But the driver wasn't fooling around.

"He looks at us, he’s like, 'No, I'm so serious...I can't take the ride,'" Matthew recounted. "And we’re like, oh, he’s serious.”

As the group got out, one of the interns turned to ask the driver if he was planning to cancel their ride. With no regard for her question, he rolled up the window and drove off.

“Even though I didn’t get charged, it was the fact that you can discriminate against us for political belief," he stated.

In a tweet that has now gone viral, Matthew asked Uber to take action......snip~

https://townhall.com/notebook/notebo...p-hot-n2500114

Such is the way of leftists.....they believe they can discriminate against those on the Right. Yet will cry out in victimhood when it is done to them. It is up those on the Right to teach the leftness. They get what they give. Its a lesson the leftness will have to take and learn. It just needs to be applied to get that point across to them. What say ye?
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (07-14-2018)

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 547x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to be clear, they were not discriminated against because of their color but because of their political beliefs.

So if you are not a liberal Uber does not want your business. Well if that's how they feel perhaps conservatives should stop using the service.
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
    — Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    — The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-14-2018)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say boycott Uber. It's the only way to ever get them to change their ways.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-14-2018)

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 733
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,516x in 14,777 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    See Why This GOP Intern's Tweet About Uber Has Gone Viral.....

Four Congressional interns, who were selected as part of GOP Rep. Ken Buck's (CO-4) Diversity Internship Program which seeks to place African-American interns in Republican offices around Capitol Hill, were kicked out of an Uber ride Tuesday night because half of their party was carrying "Make America Great Again" hats.

Matthew Handy (a 20-year-old intern for Rep. Michael Bost [IL-12]), Elijah Allison (an intern for Rep. Ken Buck), Adria Barrington (a 33-year-old intern for Rep. David Schweikert [AZ-6]) and one other, entered an Uber hoping for a quick ride to a monthly MAGA meet-up at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. However, the driver immediately noticed Matthew's and Elijah's red hats--and he didn't take too kindly to them.

According to a recount of the story from the passengers, the driver looked in his rearview mirror and asked the young men, "Is that a Make America Great Again Hat?"

But what the driver said next shocked the group. "Well, I can’t take the ride," he stated.

But the driver wasn't fooling around.

"He looks at us, he’s like, 'No, I'm so serious...I can't take the ride,'" Matthew recounted. "And we’re like, oh, he’s serious.”

As the group got out, one of the interns turned to ask the driver if he was planning to cancel their ride. With no regard for her question, he rolled up the window and drove off.

“Even though I didn’t get charged, it was the fact that you can discriminate against us for political belief," he stated.

In a tweet that has now gone viral, Matthew asked Uber to take action......snip~

https://townhall.com/notebook/notebo...p-hot-n2500114

Such is the way of leftists.....they believe they can discriminate against those on the Right. Yet will cry out in victimhood when it is done to them. It is up those on the Right to teach the leftness. They get what they give. Its a lesson the leftness will have to take and learn. It just needs to be applied to get that point across to them. What say ye?

Well no more Uber for that driver. But the whole program sounds a little..... racist

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    barb012's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,459x in 906 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This had nothing to do with race.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    DLLS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 547x in 344 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barb012 View Post
    This had nothing to do with race.
    Correct it was discrimination based on political beliefs. Well unless the driver was white then it may have also been about race.
    “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
    — Atlas Shrugged (Part 3, Chapter 1, Page 731)

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master."
    — The Fountainhead (Part 4, Chapter 14, Page 637)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DLLS For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-14-2018)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps he was offended by the obvious contradiction.

Obama, after all, was just dead wrong in his feel-good chant that "America's strength is its diversity." They have nothing to do with each other, though the latter benefits bigly from the former. On the contrary, Obama was usurping the former to give all credit for it to the later.

And blacks invented peanut butter.

OP is exemplary of strength in diversity. No?

Okay, Rep Buck is unConstitutionally discriminating against non-blacks. Yes.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Well no more Uber for that driver. But the whole program sounds a little..... racist
    Its discrimination based on political belief.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread