Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 566x in 460 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I weigh about 135. You lost a whole Mister D!
    Are you a Hobbit?

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,406x in 36,393 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zachroidott View Post
    Are you a Hobbit?
    An athlete, fatty.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    zachroidott's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    An athlete, fatty.
    I'm 6'1", and you're a chick, fatty. Member berrying.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spunkloaf View Post
    That's right. I lost 135 pounds.
    Congrats!
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyz For This Useful Post:

spunkloaf (07-27-2018)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,406x in 36,393 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're the one with the tits, fatty.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are designed to have fasts between hunts and cache gatherings. Fasting is the secret to homo sapiens health. Have three days of 600 calories a day in your weeks intake and eat normally for the other four days and you will eliminate diabetes and weight gain.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    zachroidott's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mister d View Post
    you're the one with the tits, fatty.
    u111111

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 3,123
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,898x in 8,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    This year, more than 610,000 Americans will die from heart disease. It’s the leading cause of death for both men and women.
    For decades, doctors and nutritionists prescribed low-fat diets to people trying to lower their risk of heart disease. Saturated fats in meats and dairy products were thought to clog our arteries. Grains — especially “whole” ones — were thought to help everything from high cholesterol to digestion.
    A growing body of research suggests this advice was wrong. For most people, it’s carbohydrates, not fats, that are the true cause of heart disease.

Consider a report published last year in The Lancet that studied nutrition among more than 135,000 people across 18 different countries — making it the largest-ever observational study of its kind. The researchers found that people who ate the least saturated fat — about the same amount currently recommended for heart patients — had the highest rates of heart disease and mortality. Meanwhile, people who consumed the most saturated fat had the lowest rate of strokes.

Limiting intake of carbohydrates, rather than fats, is a surer way to decrease the risk of heart disease. An analysis of more than a dozen studies published in the British Journal of Nutrition found that patients on low-carb diets had healthier body weights and cardiovascular systems than those on conventional low-fat diets. I’m a cardiologist in Virginia and my own patients have seen the benefits of a low-carb, high-fat diet firsthand.
    Consider Marj. At age 71, she lost more than 100 pounds in a year without medication, meal replacements or surgery — just by cutting out sugars and starches, and eating healthier food.
    Denise had out-of-control diabetes. Her blood sugar was frequently over 250 — a level far above normal — despite being on insulin. Then she started a low-carb diet. After only a week, she was off insulin and had near normal blood-sugar levels.

When Jeff started working with me, he had severe lipid abnormalities. Four months later, his HDL cholesterol — commonly known as “good cholesterol” — had increased by 13 points. And his triglyceride level plummeted from 468 to 78 — well below the normal level of 150. All of this was without medication or exercise.

The mistaken belief that fats cause heart disease stems from weak, outdated research. Back in 1961, the American Heart Association published its first report recommending that people limit consumption of animal fats and dietary cholesterol. The report cited several studies that showed a correlation between high-fat diets and heart problems.

But that hypothesis had never been put to the test in a clinical trial. A controlled trial is the only way to prove a cause-effect relationship, rather than a mere correlation that could occur due to random chance or some other unknown variable.

As Dr. Phillip Handler, the former president of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences stated nearly 20 years later, “What right has the federal government to propose that the American people conduct a vast nutritional experiment, with themselves as subjects, on the strength of so little evidence?”

Eventually, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) started conducting clinical trials. However, these trials were deeply flawed. Additionally, when evidence contradicted the dominant medical narrative, researchers effectively buried it. One NIH study, which found little-to-no relationship between saturated fats and various health problems, was conducted between 1968 and 1973 but wasn’t published for another 16 years.

Despite the flimsy evidence against saturated fats, mainstream nutritionists still advise people to eat lots of carbohydrates and steer clear of fats. The AHA recommends restricting saturated fat consumption to 6 percent of total calories. Federal guidelines encourage people to eat fat-free or low-fat dairy and plenty of grains.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...bread-and-pas/
    Well, it appears I figured that one out more than 30 years ago through observation. My family was always fairly low carb and we were all thin. All the carb hounds I knew, other than those with hyperactive metabolisms, were fat or well on the way to being fat. Ergo, I associated bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and sugar with weight gain, if eaten in large quantities. Anecdotally, I also observed that poor people who consumed primarily empty calories tended to be overweight. I wonder how many billions of dollars have been wasted on what you can just observe watching people's eating habits.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Common (07-27-2018),spunkloaf (07-27-2018)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is "member berrying"?

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    spunkloaf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 807x in 609 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    Congrats!
    Thank you. I have been working hard at it. I know what it feels like to be fat, and to sit there feeling sorry for yourself while porking out on an entire pizza with peanut butter M&M's for dessert. It's such a downward spiral. Have you ever seen "My 600 pound life?" I was on a steady path to that kind of existence. Another couple of years and I would have been about 500-550 pounds. My highest weight was 387, and it was climbing fast. I still have a ways to go to get to my goal weight, but DAMN I already look and feel great. I want to get down to 180, which means I have another 70 pounds to lose.
    Faith can move mountains, but don't forget to bring your shovel.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to spunkloaf For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-27-2018)

+ Reply to Thread