Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,069x in 786 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You still don't get the topic. It's not about happiness but finding life meaningful.
    Your thread topic is "Why Conservatives Find Life More Meaningful Than Liberals". It's right up there at the top of the page. I discussed that directly, by pointing out that your own link says they don't.

You're kind of a one-trick pony, being you use the same tactic across multiple threads.

You start out with a bogus premise. ("Conservatives find life more meaningful than liberals")

You demand everyone accept your bogus premise and proceed from there.

I throw a monkey wrench into your plans by pointing out how your premise is bogus

You refuse to discuss the validity of your premise, and deflect by crying about how I'm trolling.

You seem unclear on the topic. Pointing out that your premise fails and thus your propaganda fails is not trolling. It's directly on-topic. You're upset because I ruined your propaganda show.

Asked what reason you think liberals find life more meaningful the best you can must is "I gave a very valid reason as to why that was so." If you gave a reason, none saw it, so quote it.
    So, you're choosing to lie outright now. I most certainly was _not_ asked that when I made that response.

That's your other standard tactic. Being unable to address what I actually say, you fabricate stories about what I supposedly said.

Upset, you admit to trolling again.
    Your sulking is tedious.

Here's what you asked another poster.

The question is why do they say they <conservatives> find life more meaningful.
    I answered that question directly in my first response.

You refused to discuss my answer, and deflected instead. And yet here you are, asking the question again. If you're just going to ignore every answer you don't like, why are you asking?

Oh, that's right. You don't want actual discussion. You want to push propaganda about how superior conservatives are to liberals.

Now, let's get back to this point you're trying so very hard to run from. Unlike you, I state points directly.

Your source says conservatives lie more often about finding life meaningful. That makes your thread premise, "Conservatives find life more meaningful than liberals", bogus and invalid. Thus, it's pointless to discuss that point, not until you can prove it's a valid point.

And note that I am not saying liberals find more "meaning" in life. "Meaning" is so nebulous, it's pointless to ask. You can find "meaning" in playing video games all day. As I've never made such a claim, I have no obligation to show liberals find more "meaning" in life.

I pointed out the liberals here seem more _satisfied_, based on their calm demeanor. Satisfied people are calmer, for whatever reasons, and those reasons may have nothing to do with "meaning".
    Last edited by mamooth; 08-09-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,898x in 54,716 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    Your thread topic is "Why Conservatives Find Life More Meaningful Than Liberals". It's right up there at the top of the page. I discussed that directly, by pointing out that your own link says they don't.

You're kind of a one-trick pony, being you use the same tactic across multiple threads.

You start out with a bogus premise. ("Conservatives find life more meaningful than liberals")

I throw a monkey wrench into your plans by pointing out how your premise is bogus

You refuse to discuss the validity of your premise, and deflect by crying about how I'm trolling.

You seem unclear on the topic. Pointing out that your premise fails and thus your propaganda fails is not trolling. It's directly on-topic. You're upset because I ruined your propaganda show.

So, you're choosing to lie outright now. I most certainly was _not_ asked that when I made that response.

That's your other standard tactic. Being unable to address what I actually say, you fabricate stories about what I supposedly said.

Your sulking is just tedious.

So, here's what you asked another poster.

You refused to discuss my answer, and deflected by going into another insult fit. And yet here you are, asking the question again. If you're just going to ignore every answer you don't like, why are you asking?

Oh, that's right. You don't want actual discussion. You want to push propaganda about how superior conservatives are to liberals.

Now, let's get back to this point you're trying so very hard to run from. Unlike you, I state points directly.

Your source says conservatives lie more often about finding life meaningful. That makes your thread premise, "conservatives find life more meaningful than liberals", bogus and invalid. Thus, it's pointless to discuss that point, not until you can prove it's true.

And note that I am not saying liberals find more "meaning" in life. "Meaning" is so nebulous, it's pointless to ask. You can find "meaning" in playing video games all day. Thus, I have no obligation to show liberals find more "meaning", as I've never made such a claim. I pointed out the liberals here seem more _satisfied_, based on their calm demeanor, but that's a different thing.

You're funny. Gibberish. Babble. Your post is just a scattering of random claims not on ties to reality, not one explained or argued. It's like you're speaking in tongues.

Conservatives, in the study, said they find life more meaningful. That's true. Doesn't matter if they lie or they're full of $#@!--nor do you know that. There's one simple fact, they say so.

The question for the thread is, why might they say so?

Why do you think so?
    Last edited by Chris; 08-09-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your sulking is tedious.

Here's what you asked another poster.

You refused to discuss my answer, and deflected instead. And yet here you are, asking the question again. If you're just going to ignore every answer you don't like, why are you asking?

Your source says conservatives lie more often about finding life meaningful. That makes your thread premise, "Conservatives find life more meaningful than liberals", bogus and invalid. Thus, it's pointless to discuss that point, not until you can prove it's a valid point.

And note that I am not saying liberals find more "meaning" in life. "Meaning" is so nebulous, it's pointless to ask. You can find "meaning" in playing video games all day. As I've never made such a claim, I have no obligation to show liberals find more "meaning" in life.

I pointed out the liberals here seem more _satisfied_, based on their calm demeanor. Satisfied people are calmer, for whatever reasons, and those reasons may have nothing to do with "meaning".
    An honest and reasonable answer is beyond you. Liberals don't have any basis for meaning. They know they are wrong on everything they believe in and they know the country is on tho them.

Liberals are a dying breed. They sucker a few groups by buying their votes but they fear the heartland. They know that with today's social media we know can call them on all their lies. Liberals can't be satisfied since there are always problems, true or not, for them to whine and cry about. They offer nothing but stupidity and farce.

The others in the country see a problem and try to solve it, not keep it alive until it can be sucked dry. They never have an answer so they change the subject and the words. They change the meaning of words. They change the nation for the worse.

Liberals haven't had a new, good idea since 1965. They have made a sham of the good the Democrats did then. They have made a mockery of freedom and common sense. They represent the worst in America. They are dangerous and need to be kept on a short leash.
    Last edited by Captdon; 08-09-2018 at 05:53 PM.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mamooth's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question for the thread is, why might they say so?
    As I answered that very directly in post #5, why are you asking again, and thus pretending I didn't answer? Here, I'll give you another chance, and flesh it out a little more.

The conservative train of logic:
    ---
    All GoodChristians are happy, because Christianity says so.
    Thus, if someone isn't happy, they're clearly not a GoodChristian.
    Fitting in with other conservatives is extremely important to me.
    To fit in with other conservatives, I need to be classified as a GoodChristian.
    Thus, I'll say how happy I am, even if I'm not, for the sake of fitting in with other conservatives
    ---

You didn't want to discuss that. You did say this, in post #6.

The OP has nothing to do with religion yet you mutter nonsense about it, nothing about lies, yet you babble about it.
    And then this, in #51.

Many people believe in God and believe that provides meaning in their life. Even if that belief is delusional it provides meaning.
    So, it's not at all about religion, except when you bring religion into it. Got it. You're special that way.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    An honest and reasonable answer is beyond you. Liberals don't have any basis for meaning. They know they are wrong on everything they believe in and they know the country is on tho them.
    One of my ongoing points is how many conservatives are too dishonest and helpless to debate what liberals actually say, so they make up crazy stories about what the horrible liberals really think. Thanks for confirming that point again.

Liberals are a dying breed. They sucker a few groups by buying their votes but they fear the heartland. They know that with today's social media we know can call them on all their lies. Liberals can't be satisfied since there are always problems, true or not, for them to whine and cry about. They offer nothing but stupidity and farce.
    Fortunately, most conservatives aren't like you. As the OP linked article says, conservatives just lie about having meaningful lives, and I say it's because of peer pressure.

Now you, you're different. You clearly do find meaning in life. As we read your words, we can see how you find meaning and fulfillment in hating. But again, that's just you, and thankfully not most conservatives.

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As I answered that very directly in post #5, why are you asking again, and thus pretending I didn't answer? Here, I'll give you another chance, and flesh it out a little more.

The conservative train of logic:
    ---
    All GoodChristians are happy, because Christianity says so.
    Thus, if someone isn't happy, they're clearly not a GoodChristian.
    Fitting in with other conservatives is extremely important to me.
    To fit in with other conservatives, I need to be classified as a GoodChristian.
    Thus, I'll say how happy I am, even if I'm not, for the sake of fitting in with other conservatives
    ---

You didn't want to discuss that. You did say this, in post #6.

And then this, in #51.

So, it's not at all about religion, except when you bring religion into it. Got it. You're special that way.

No one has argued religion as explanation but you as mockery. If you follow the OP link, the article warns about people like you reducing everything to caricatures. That's shallow.

I wasn't arguing religion but beliefs, and how beliefs provide meaning. Other beliefs would be the value of customs, traditions and other social institutions, where conservatives tend to place trust and find meaning.

Liberalism seeks to undermine those values in order to replace them with unknown and untried solutions, leaving little to trust or find meaning in.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One of my ongoing points is how many conservatives are too dishonest and helpless to debate what liberals actually say, so they make up crazy stories about what the horrible liberals really think. Thanks for confirming that point again.

Fortunately, most conservatives aren't like you. As the OP linked article says, conservatives just lie about having meaningful lives, and I say it's because of peer pressure.

Now you, you're different. You clearly do find meaning in life. As we read your words, we can see how you find meaning and fulfillment in hating. But again, that's just you, and thankfully not most conservatives.
    You just lied about Captdon. He's not hateful.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't arguing religion but beliefs, and how beliefs provide meaning. Other beliefs would be the value of customs, traditions and other social
    institutions, where conservatives tend to place trust and find meaning.
    The study still says conservatives were less honest about finding meaning.

So your thesis seems to imply that conservatives use custom and tradition as an excuse to lie. I can agree with that.

Liberalism seeks to undermine those values in order to replace them with unknown and untried solutions, leaving little to trust or find meaning in.
    But there's no evidence that liberals actually differ from conservatives in finding meaning. There's just evidence that liberals are more honest.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So your thesis seems to imply that conservatives use custom and tradition as an excuse to lie. I can agree with that.

But there's no evidence that liberals actually differ from conservatives in finding meaning. There's just evidence that liberals are more honest.

Just read it again. I don't see that. Can you cite it?

There's just evidence that liberals are more honest.
    Where do you find that evidence? In the OP link? Please cite it.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just lied about Captdon. He's not hateful.

Which is why he now automatically power-sulks "liar! at me after nearly any post I make in any thread. He no longer even pretends he's interested in debate. He just snarls insults now -- not just at me, but at everyone -- because he gets gratification from hating. Hate is what provides meaning to that particular conservative.

However, like I said, most conservatives are motivated by peer pressure instead of hate. The conservative authoritarian follower personality type values obedience and conformity. The rest of the conservatives say how happy they are, so each individual conservative is pressured to say the same.

+ Reply to Thread