User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Nancy Pelosi: Voting For Democrats Gives Illegal Aliens More 'Leverage'

  1. #1

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 260,681, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    324034
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    45,990
    Points
    260,681
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    1,388
    Thanked 3,236x in 1,934 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Nancy Pelosi: Voting For Democrats Gives Illegal Aliens More 'Leverage'

    The "face" of the democat party, along with Ocasio cortez


    Well, folks, a vote for a Democrat is a vote to shield an illegal alien, or at least give them leverage on the Hill, according to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). At a press conference in El Paso, Texas, Pelosi said she didn’t want to get political, but got political anyway, saying that the more Democrats there are in Congress, the more leverage illegal aliens get

    She made those comments during a press conference held in El Paso, Texas, with immigrant-rights advocates and Veronica Escobar, the Democratic nominee in Texas' 16th congressional district. The minority leader officially journeyed to the region in order to gauge the impact of policies instituted by the Trump administration to mitigate unlawful border crossings.
    While discussing her opposition to the president's zero tolerance policy on illegal immigration, which has since been rescinded, Pelosi was asked how long migrants, both lawful and unlawful, would have to wait for Congress to act on comprehensive reform.
    The congresswoman asserted she didn't "want to be political" in her response, before alleging reform would be impossible as long as the Republican Party remained in control of Congress.
    Because this is the right thing to do, I have confidence that we will get where we need to go," she said. "But everything is about time and we want to shorten the distance, as your question indicated, between what we think is inevitable for America, they think is inconceivable."

    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...erage-n2508143


    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

    GROUCHO MARX,

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

    Admiral Ackbar (08-10-2018),Captdon (08-10-2018)

  3. #2
    Points: 14,454, Level: 29
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    70576
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    2,671
    Points
    14,454
    Level
    29
    Thanks Given
    668
    Thanked 1,114x in 818 Posts
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since we are all children of immigrants, you go girl.


    “Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA. We do.

    FD: I do not review notifications, PM me if you think you have countered any point I make. Tx

    Support America - http://american.edu/kogod/research/autoindex/index.cfm

    Education: http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...r-A-Republican

    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." Dwight D. Eisenhower

  4. #3
    Original Ranter
    Points: 159,339, Level: 95
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 2,311
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    40299
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    38,944
    Points
    159,339
    Level
    95
    Thanks Given
    12,048
    Thanked 9,289x in 7,056 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To bad Schumer stated they wouldn't vote on any legislation for immigration reform, as they just wanted to put pressure on Trump.


    Its clear Schumer doesn't even consider, half of the $#@! Pelosi has to say. Even when she is saying she is speaking for Democrats.
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (08-10-2018)

  6. #4

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 43,303, Level: 50
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class1 year registered
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    164183
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    11,389
    Points
    43,303
    Level
    50
    Thanks Given
    4,324
    Thanked 9,445x in 5,447 Posts
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Since we are all children of immigrants, you go girl.


    “Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
    The distinction is legal versus illegal; but you knew that. If those folks voted Republican you'd have a border wall built 10 miles high with machine guns posted every 100 yards. This isn't about 'you go girl' it's about power and votes with you guys.

    My Italian side came here legally, the week before the Titanic. Hung out at Ellis Island.... Lived in ghettos, never took a nickel from the government. Moved to Ohio, became Buckeye fans.... My German/Irish side much earlier, again legally.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (08-10-2018)

  8. #5
    Points: 3,142, Level: 13
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class1000 Experience Points31 days registeredYour first Group
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    542
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    603
    Points
    3,142
    Level
    13
    Thanks Given
    384
    Thanked 532x in 317 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Since we are all children of immigrants, you go girl.



    “Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

    Once again you miss the point. Those that came in through Ellis were Legal! They were screened and many were not allowed in. This was due to disease or criminal background. They were documented and we knew they were here.

    Grow up and wise up!
    Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; 08-10-2018 at 07:43 AM.
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral Ackbar For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (08-10-2018)

  10. #6
    Original Ranter
    Points: 209,111, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    391475
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    83,597
    Points
    209,111
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    16,381
    Thanked 28,417x in 20,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    861 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Since we are all children of immigrants, you go girl.


    “Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
    Said some Jew from Brooklyn.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (08-10-2018)

  12. #7
    Original Ranter
    Points: 159,339, Level: 95
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 2,311
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    40299
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    38,944
    Points
    159,339
    Level
    95
    Thanks Given
    12,048
    Thanked 9,289x in 7,056 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    The "face" of the democat party, along with Ocasio cortez


    Well, folks, a vote for a Democrat is a vote to shield an illegal alien, or at least give them leverage on the Hill, according to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). At a press conference in El Paso, Texas, Pelosi said she didn’t want to get political, but got political anyway, saying that the more Democrats there are in Congress, the more leverage illegal aliens get
    She made those comments during a press conference held in El Paso, Texas, with immigrant-rights advocates and Veronica Escobar, the Democratic nominee in Texas' 16th congressional district. The minority leader officially journeyed to the region in order to gauge the impact of policies instituted by the Trump administration to mitigate unlawful border crossings.
    While discussing her opposition to the president's zero tolerance policy on illegal immigration, which has since been rescinded, Pelosi was asked how long migrants, both lawful and unlawful, would have to wait for Congress to act on comprehensive reform.
    The congresswoman asserted she didn't "want to be political" in her response, before alleging reform would be impossible as long as the Republican Party remained in control of Congress.
    Because this is the right thing to do, I have confidence that we will get where we need to go," she said. "But everything is about time and we want to shorten the distance, as your question indicated, between what we think is inevitable for America, they think is inconceivable."

    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...erage-n2508143


    She has confidence that they will get to where they need to go. So basically shes says a whole lot of nothing.

    But this will play in with Demos raising taxes, abolishing ICE. More legal Hispanic immigrants will be breaking away from the Demo Party.


    The Demos will assure that once they start attacking the Hispanics for being religious.
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

  13. #8
    Original Ranter
    Points: 459,653, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    412230
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    140,754
    Points
    459,653
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    81,036
    Thanked 63,201x in 43,192 Posts
    Mentioned
    2144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Since we are all children of immigrants, you go girl.


    “Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
    Retarded.

    The United States no longer has an untamed West to conquer. We really can be strict with who we let in now. And remember Ellis Island was not a cake walk for anyone not in First Class on the arriving ships. They rejected migrates with bad teeth. With criminal records. And even those deemed to be dim. Like Exo. Stupid folk.
    Last edited by Peter1469; 08-10-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    Alea iacta est

    Check out the blog.


  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (08-10-2018),MisterVeritis (08-10-2018),MMC (08-11-2018)

  15. #9
    Original Ranter
    Points: 209,111, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    391475
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    83,597
    Points
    209,111
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    16,381
    Thanked 28,417x in 20,444 Posts
    Mentioned
    861 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Retarded.

    The United States no longer has an untamed West to conquer. We really can be strict with who we let in now. And remember Ellis Island was not a cake walk for anyone not in First Class of the arriving ships. They rejected migrates with bad teeth. With criminal records. And even those deemed to be dim. Like Exo. Stupid folk.
    No one took it seriously when it was written either.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (08-11-2018),Peter1469 (08-10-2018)

  17. #10
    Original Ranter
    Points: 459,653, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    412230
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    140,754
    Points
    459,653
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    81,036
    Thanked 63,201x in 43,192 Posts
    Mentioned
    2144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    The distinction is legal versus illegal; but you knew that. If those folks voted Republican you'd have a border wall built 10 miles high with machine guns posted every 100 yards. This isn't about 'you go girl' it's about power and votes with you guys.

    My Italian side came here legally, the week before the Titanic. Hung out at Ellis Island.... Lived in ghettos, never took a nickel from the government. Moved to Ohio, became Buckeye fans.... My German/Irish side much earlier, again legally.
    I found my ancestors' name at Ellis Island- they came from Prussia.
    Alea iacta est

    Check out the blog.


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO