User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: China fires 6 WARNINGS to US Navy in South China Sea ‘This is China...LEAVE IMMED”

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,402x in 27,956 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    Agreed. As our our carriers. No?
    I do not know what you mean.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,096
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,103x in 10,785 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    This makes me smile. It is as if you believe our ships are unsinkable. We won't know until the shots are fired.
    Are ships are sinkable, MisterV, you ain't seen Tora Tora Tora? We need not wait until shots are fired, US ships can be sunk. However, that would be a yuge mistake.....as.....for the nation who dares to sink an American warship...they soon regret it.

Don't fck with our Navy has been the standard from Jefferson's message to the Ottomans to Theo Roosevelt's White Navy to today's fleets, you don't even have to be a sailor to understand this. It's the same as fck with the bull, you get the horns.

The Iranians, Chinese, North Koreans, understand this as well, China is not going to sink an American warship or bring down a US plane. And it's because they know the sleeping giant will awaken. They've all seen that up close, they want no part of it.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Are ships are sinkable, MisterV, you ain't seen Tora Tora Tora? We need not wait until shots are fired, US ships can be sunk. However, that would be a yuge mistake.....as.....for the nation who dares to sink an American warship...they soon regret it.

Don't fck with our Navy has been the standard from Jefferson's message to the Ottomans to Theo Roosevelt's White Navy to today's fleets, you don't even have to be a sailor to understand this. It's the same as fck with the bull, you get the horns.

The Iranians, Chinese, North Koreans, understand this as well, China is not going to sink an American warship or bring down a US plane. And it's because they know the sleeping giant will awaken. They've all seen that up close, they want no part of it.
    We have solved the first issue. American ships can be sunk. Now on to the question I asked. Given the sinkings what can the US do? What would we do?
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post

Agreed that all ships are sinkable. But the effort to do so and the fact that it does not end there is the issue for the enemy. In Tora Tora Tora, they sunk ships to be sure. In the end though they lost due to the combined power of the USN. Sinking one ship would be only very small victory for short time. Then the reckoning would follow. Just like results at Pearl Habour.
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
    Agreed that all ships are sinkable. But the effort to do so and the fact that it does not end there is the issue for the enemy. In Tora Tora Tora, they sunk ships to be sure. In the end though they lost due to the combined power of the USN. Sinking one ship would be only very small victory for short time. Then the reckoning would follow. Just like results at Pearl Habour.
    Really? Would the US go to war with China if they sank our ships? What would that war look like?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
    Agreed. And why it is crucial to project power abroad. To make your point well understood, even many Japanese for example knew the attack on Pearl was done so at their own peril.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? Would the US go to war with China if they sank our ships? What would that war look like?
    I think it would involve Korea.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,872x in 10,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, okay.

A carrier strike group[1] (CSG) is an operational formation of the United States Navy. It is composed of roughly 7,500 personnel, an aircraft carrier, at least one cruiser, a destroyer squadron of at least two destroyers or frigates,[2] and a carrier air wing of 65 to 70 aircraft. A carrier strike group also, on occasion, includes submarines, attached logistics ships and a supply ship. The carrier strike group commander operationally reports to the commander of the numbered fleet, who is operationally responsible for the area of waters in which the carrier strike group is operating.
    So let's say:
    One aircraft carrier
    Four other surface combatant ships.
    Four other logistics ships.
    and two submarines.

Let them sail into the South China Sea that China has decided is theirs. They have persistent ocean surveillance. Assume the locations of every surface ship will be known constantly. Assume the locations of the submarines may be known from time to time sporadically. Chin has hundreds of boats in the Sea. It can launch many dozens of anti-ship cruise missiles from the air and from land at each known ship. Our nine ships could be gone in less than 30 minutes.

Now what?
    What do you think will happen? We're going to come home like a broken dog? If we don't have the ability to retaliate we shouldn't be there.

Now, as the subs. I have heard our Navy brag about our subs not being found. Maybe they're wrong. If not they can do a hell of a lot of damage to China. Our bombers can fly out of anywhere and take their docks out.

To me, it's as simple as if we can't protect the South China Sea then come home.It's that or start a nuclear war.

That's what. if I missed any other option feel free to tell me what they are. I don't claim to be a military expert. I only know what I've read.
    Last edited by Captdon; 08-14-2018 at 10:15 AM.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    What do you think will happen? We're going to come home like a broken dog? If we don't have the ability to retaliate we shouldn't be there.
    Yes. This is the problem. The Chinese have many S-300 equivalent ADA systems. They also have a variant aboard ship HHS-300. They have three artificial islands equipped with S-300s and probably anti-ship ballistic missiles. They have been working on integrating land-based air with ocean surveillance and naval activity.
    Now, as the subs. I have heard our Navy brag about our subs not being found. Maybe they're wrong. If not they can do a hell of a lot of damage to China. Our bombers can fly out of anywhere and take their docks out.
    Submarines are very difficult to find and to track. When they come near the surface to launch cruise missiles, they self-locate.

From where do you believe our bombers will fly? What would they strike? If the carrier group is sunk how would we respond?
    To me, it's as simple as if we can't protect the South China Sea then come home.It's that or start a nuclear war.
    That's what. if I missed any other option feel free to tell me what they are. I don't claim to be a military expert. I only know what I've read.
    Good discussion.

+ Reply to Thread