PDA

View Full Version : So I had promised the wife I'd take her golfing to a course we like a few towns away

donttread
08-29-2018, 07:54 PM
I took my wife golfing a few towns away today but secretly didn't want to go because I was busy. But what a day. We had an always busy course practically to ourselves . No golf balls in the woods even. I secretly let her tie me on the last hole. ( She's our many time Ladies Club Champion) so she was close anyway. But not beating her helped the rest of the day. The wisdom of a long married man!
We stopped and had lunch, a wonderful Ruben and then when we got home I picked a couple nice Eggplants out of the garden and she made the best egg plant parm I've ever eaten! It's so good I'm planning to have more for breakfast.
Now I have to excuse myself to go try to turn a great day into a perfect day if you know what I mean. That will NOT involve the outdoors , although 25 years ago it might well have here in the sticks.

hanger4
08-29-2018, 08:31 PM
I took my wife golfing a few towns away today but secretly didn't want to go because I was busy. But what a day. We had an always busy course practically to ourselves . No golf balls in the woods even. I secretly let her tie me on the last hole. ( She's our many time Ladies Club Champion) so she was close anyway. But not beating her helped the rest of the day. The wisdom of a long married man! We stopped and had lunch, a wonderful Ruben and then when we got home I picked a couple nice Eggplants out of the garden and she made the best egg plant parm I've ever eaten! It's so good I'm planning to have more for breakfast.Now I have to excuse myself to go try to turn a great day into a perfect day if you know what I mean. That will NOT involve the outdoors , although 25 years ago it might well have here in the sticks.Not being a jerk or anything donttread and I can certainly relate to stemimg the competitive juices to keep the romance fresh, but what is "a few towns away" ??

nathanbforrest45
08-29-2018, 09:01 PM
It could be just a few miles. In New England for example towns were very close together

jimmyz
08-29-2018, 10:09 PM
Does your wife's entry being denied entry because your posts disturb her. I find your online persona antithetical to to you in real life divulged history. Donttread is carrying his wife's clubs at a country club makes me ROLFMAO or how the kids say it.

donttread
08-30-2018, 06:43 AM
Not being a jerk or anything donttread and I can certainly relate to stemimg the competitive juices to keep the romance fresh, but what is "a few towns away" ??

About an hour and a half in the next county .

donttread
08-30-2018, 06:46 AM
Does your wife's entry being denied entry because your posts disturb her. I find your online persona antithetical to to you in real life divulged history. Donttread is carrying his wife's clubs at a country club makes me ROLFMAO or how the kids say it.

Where did that come from? Never mind. It came from you which explains enough.

Cletus
08-30-2018, 11:01 AM
I have never understood golf, but I am glad you had a good time. Couples should have shared interests and enjoy each other's company.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/A1ehn8ON9oL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7CA1+1s0ajQRL.png%7C0 ,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0._UX679_.png

It is not JUST for men though. My wife has her own 6.5 Creedmoor precision rifle.

Cletus
08-30-2018, 11:03 AM
Donttread... just yanking your chain a little. I still don't understand golf, but I meant what I said about shared interests and enjoying each other's company.

Sounds like it was a good day.

Common Sense
08-30-2018, 11:13 AM
Donttread... just yanking your chain a little. I still don't understand golf, but I meant what I said about shared interests and enjoying each other's company.

Sounds like it was a good day.
Golf is a game where you try to hit a ball into a small hole in the ground in as few hits as possible. ;)

It's a good walk spoiled.

Cletus
08-30-2018, 11:18 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d8/80/a7/d880a72e436c9c11eeb038ea7759eeff--gun-humor-humour.jpg

The Xl
08-30-2018, 12:24 PM
Sounds like you had a good time of it.

Captdon
08-30-2018, 12:31 PM
Golf is a game where you try to hit a ball into a small hole in the ground in as few hits as possible. ;)

It's a good walk spoiled.

Mark Twain

nathanbforrest45
08-30-2018, 12:43 PM
I have invented a new game based on both golf and shooting. It's done with two person teams. One person hits the golf ball as high and as far as he can. The other person attempts to shoot it down before it hits the green. If the shooter hits the ball in the air then the golfer must start that hole over counting all the strokes needed to put the ball in the cup. If he misses then the ball is played as usual. In this game the team requiring the most strokes wins the match.

I have named this game Tennessee Whack-A-Ball

Cletus
08-30-2018, 01:24 PM
I have invented a new game based on both golf and shooting. It's done with two person teams. One person hits the golf ball as high and as far as he can. The other person attempts to shoot it down before it hits the green. If the shooter hits the ball in the air then the golfer must start that hole over counting all the strokes needed to put the ball in the cup. If he misses then the ball is played as usual. In this game the team requiring the most strokes wins the match.

I have named this game Tennessee Whack-A-Ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvrAbHJNLuY&t=110s

donttread
08-30-2018, 04:32 PM
I have never understood golf, but I am glad you had a good time. Couples should have shared interests and enjoy each other's company.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/A1ehn8ON9oL._CLa|2140,2000|A1+1s0ajQRL.png|0,0,214 0,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0._UX679_.png

It is not JUST for men though. My wife has her own 6.5 Creedmoor precision rifle.

Cool. But golf prepares you for the frustrations of life while other hobbies merely allow to escape them for a bit. LOL

donttread
08-30-2018, 04:35 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d8/80/a7/d880a72e436c9c11eeb038ea7759eeff--gun-humor-humour.jpg

I could do if you gave me enough ammo and time. Like days . LOL