PDA

View Full Version : WikiLeaks Julian Assange Loses Extradition Appeal.....

MMC
11-02-2011, 06:13 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/wikileaks-julian-assange-loses-extradition-appeal-095224387.html
Associated Press | AP – 33 mins ago..

LONDON (AP) — WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange on Wednesday lost his appeal against extradition to Sweden to answer sex crime allegations after judges rejected claims that moves to return him to Scandinavia were unfair and unlawful.
Judges John Thomas and Duncan Ousely said Assange should be sent to be questioned over the alleged rape of one woman and the molestation of another in Stockholm last year.

It was not immediately clear whether Assange, who has spent much of the past year under virtual house arrest at a supporter's country estate, will now have the right to take his case to Britain's Supreme Court.

In their ruling, the appeal judges said the decision by Swedish authorities to issue a European Arrest Warrant could not "be said to be disproportionate."
Before the judgment, extradition lawyer Julian Knowles had said Assange would only be able to appeal to Britain's Supreme Court — the country's highest court — if the appeals court's ruling involved an issue of "real legal significance."Knowles said that if Assange is permitted a further appeal, he would likely stay on bail for a couple of months. If not, "he'll be extradited within 10 days," he predicted.

Assange had claimed in his appeal that the alleged offenses would not have been regarded as crimes under English and Welsh law, a stance the judges rejected.
"There can be no doubt that if what Mr. Assange had done had been done in England and Wales, he would have been charged," the ruling said.....snip~

Looks Like shit just got real. They get a hold of this guy and lock him up again. I doubt we will ever see or hear from him again. To many people want this guy. He thinks hiding behind the hackers Anonymous and his group that they wil be able to put pressure on governments to release Assange from any sort of Trouble he gets in. But once you start releasing classified information. Then some Intel Agencies are going to take notice of that. Governments take notice. Not to mention Assange made himself an enemy to Putin. So even the Russians want him. Who can he make friends with and get any sort of help from?

Mister D
11-02-2011, 08:05 AM
He deserves whatever he gets.

MMC
11-02-2011, 08:07 AM

Seems Sweeden is going to make sure of that.

Mister D
11-02-2011, 08:15 AM

Seems Sweeden is going to make sure of that.

It's hard to feel sorry for this POS. I consider him an enemy.

Conley
11-02-2011, 09:27 AM
I don't know what Swedish jail is like, but it's going to be a step down from the palatial estate he's been frolicking on for the last year. Wikileaks blew its load thanks to Bradley Manning, other than what he supplied them I don't think they've had much of an impact globally. They haven't exposed anything we didn't already know. The U.S has secret military operations! Bankers are trying to make money! :o :o

Mister D
11-02-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't know what Swedish jail is like, but it's going to be a step down from the palatial estate he's been frolicking on for the last year. Wikileaks blew its load thanks to Bradley Manning, other than what he supplied them I don't think they've had much of an impact globally. They haven't exposed anything we didn't already know. The U.S has secret military operations! Bankers are trying to make money! :o :o

I'm sure jail in Sweden is awful. :D Prison sucks in general obviously but I'd imagine Sweden's are better than most.

Yeah, they're done but the retribution isn't. The heck with this guy.

Conley
11-02-2011, 10:37 AM

I'm sure jail in Sweden is awful. :D Prison sucks in general obviously but I'd imagine Sweden's are better than most.

:D Yeah Swedish jail sounds pretty nice actually. It's probably a better life than some minimum wage schlub here in the States

Mister D
11-02-2011, 10:47 AM

:D Yeah Swedish jail sounds pretty nice actually. It's probably a better life than some minimum wage schlub here in the States

You're probably right! :D

waltky
05-19-2017, 08:28 PM
Swedish rape charges dropped against Assange...
http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/images/smilies/rolleye0011.gif
Sweden drops Julian Assange rape investigation
May 19, 2017 -- The Swedish Prosecution Authority on Friday said it dropped a rape investigation targeting WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and will revoke his arrest warrant.

Sweden's Director of Public Prosecution Marianne Ny "decided to discontinue the investigation regarding suspected rape (lesser degree) by Julian Assange," the agency said in a statement. Ny filed a request to the Stockholm District Court to revoke the arrest warrant.

Out of four sex crimes allegations against Assange, three -- unlawful coercion and two counts of sexual molestation -- expired in 2015 due to statutes of limitations under Swedish law, while the investigation for the remaining rape allegation, which had an expiration date of 2020, was dropped on Friday. Assange, 44, gained international recognition for publishing thousands of classified U.S. documents through his website, WikiLeaks. Ecuador granted him political asylum in 2012 under the authority of the 1951 Refugee Convention.

http://cdnph.upi.com/svc/sv/upi_com/6851495188797/2017/1/40a7f8a81422df04e7fa29fb7325dc86/Sweden-drops-Julian-Assange-rape-investigation.jpg
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange on Friday saw the rape investigation against him dropped by the Swedish Prosecution Authority.

The divisive founder of WikiLeaks has repeatedly denied the accusations of rape and molestation made by two women he met during a trip to Stockholm in 2010. He was arrested in 2010 and he was set for extradition to Sweden to face sexual assault charges alleged by the women, but Assange did not surrender into custody. Swedish authorities never formally charged Assange for the alleged crimes. Assange has said the charges were orchestrated to ultimately extradite him to the United States where he is wanted for questioning about the release of thousands of classified cables in 2010.

WikiLeaks said the British government will arrest Assange regardless of Sweden's decision and the government "refuses to confirm or deny whether it has already received an extradition request from the United States." In April, outlets reported U.S. federal prosecutors are considering criminal charges against Assange for leaking diplomatic cables and military documents.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2017/05/19/Sweden-drops-Julian-Assange-rape-investigation/6851495188797/?utm_source=sec&utm_campaign=sl&utm_medium=15