PDA

View Full Version : How Can Anyone Not Like Tebow

Conley
11-03-2011, 09:10 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Tim Tebow had no problem with Detroit Lions linebacker Stephen Tulloch striking the prayerful pose known as "Tebowing" after sacking him last week.

Tebow said he figures Tulloch was just having fun, not mocking him or his Christian faith by participating in the phenomenon that's become an Internet sensation.

The craze began shortly after TV cameras captured Tebow kneeling in quiet reflection while his teammates celebrated their comeback win over the Miami Dolphins two weeks ago.

The Lions joined in the gesture during their 45-10 beatdown of the Broncos on Sunday, including Tulloch's pose after his takedown of Tebow, which has drawn widespread public criticism.

"He was just celebrating, having fun with his teammates and I don't take offense to that," Tebow said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7183589/tim-tebow-denver-broncos-think-detroit-lions-were-mocking-him

Wish more players were like him, humble, respectful, and about the game. Of course if the NFL had more players like him the football wouldn't be as good ;) but you know what I'm saying. He's not a great pro player but he's a good dude.

Captain Obvious
11-03-2011, 04:01 PM
I don't dislike the guy. I just think he's a sub-par QB who is getting more attention as a QB than he deserves.

Conley
11-03-2011, 04:05 PM
I don't dislike the guy. I just think he's a sub-par QB who is getting more attention as a QB than he deserves.

Oh, he's pretty bad, there's no doubt about it :D He wouldn't be getting the attention if there was a better QB on the team...some people like him, some people like the train wreck aspect. Speaking of QB train wrecks, I just read an update on Jamarcus Russell. What a disaster that was.

Captain Obvious
11-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Jamarcus - is he on a team? I didn't think anyone signed him, I could be wrong.

Yeah, he was a flame-out.

Tebow may be the nicest guy in the world, but he's not on my radar because he's a clean-cut, Christian kid - he's on my radar because he's an NFL QB. I'll judge him as a QB, and so far he sucks. Can he develop - sure, but the odds are stacked against him at this point since he's being set up for failure.

On the other hand, I will tend to be judgmental if an NFL player has significant off-the-field character issues. It's one of those things where I don't care who, what you are beyond a player except if you're an asshole.

Mister D
11-03-2011, 04:47 PM
How long has he been in the league?

Conley
11-03-2011, 04:49 PM

This is his second year. A lot of players make a good jump between first and second year, because they have all off season to learn and practice, but with the lockout this year the consensus is that second year and rookies have had their development slow down. On the other hand the sentiment is almost unanimous that Tebow will never be a quality NFL qb.

Mister D
11-03-2011, 04:56 PM

This is his second year. A lot of players make a good jump between first and second year, because they have all off season to learn and practice, but with the lockout this year the consensus is that second year and rookies have had their development slow down. On the other hand the sentiment is almost unanimous that Tebow will never be a quality NFL qb.

Ah who knows. I thought Manning's younger brother looked pretty bad his first couple years.