PDA

View Full Version : Pedophilia Scandal Rocks Penn State Football, Joe Paterno Will Not Be Charged

Conley
11-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Jeez, this is nucking futs.

Penn State Athletic Director Tim Curley and senior administrator Gary Schultz have been charged with perjury and failure to report a crime during the investigation of former defensive coach Jerry Sandusky.

The information was posted to the state Attorney General's website this morning, as Sandusky was being arraigned on 40 charges related to sex crimes against kids.

Sources also tell The Patriot-News that head coach Joe Paterno will not be charged.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/sandusky_investigation_sources.html

The accused pedophile was long considered the heir to Joe Paterno as head coach of Penn State. Crazy.

Mister D
11-05-2011, 12:28 PM
:o :o

Some people take their football very seriously.

Conley
11-05-2011, 12:28 PM

What is that supposed to mean? >:( :D

Mister D
11-05-2011, 12:34 PM

;D I mean covering up for the next head coach. Sheesh...

Conley
11-05-2011, 12:43 PM

;D I mean covering up for the next head coach. Sheesh...

:D Ok, good ;D

I agree. The whole thing is disgusting.

Mister D
11-05-2011, 01:08 PM
:D What did you think I meant you? ;D

Conley
11-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Yes! :rofl:

Conley
11-05-2011, 05:25 PM
At approximately 9:30 p.m. on March 1, 2002, a Penn State graduate assistant entered what should have been an empty football locker room. He was surprised to hear the showers running and noises he thought sounded like sexual activity, according to a Pennsylvania grand jury “finding of fact” released Saturday.

When he looked in the shower he saw what he estimated to be a 10-year-old boy, hands pressed up against the wall, “being subjected to anal intercourse,” by Jerry Sandusky, then 58 and Penn State’s former defensive coordinator. The grad assistant said both the boy and the coach saw him before he fled to his office where, distraught and stunned, the grad assistant telephoned his father, who instructed his son to flee the building.

The next day, a Saturday, the grad assistant went to the home of head coach Joe Paterno and told him what he had seen. The day after that, Paterno called Penn State athletic director Tim Curley to his home to report that the grad assistant had told him he had witnessed “Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy.”

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-wetzel_penn_state_child_sex_case_110511

Goes on from there. Ugh...it makes me not even want to watch football. Penn State was trying to protect their paychecks and football team. Disgusting. How many other kids suffered because none of them called the police? >:( >:( >:(

edit: I didn't realize Joe Paterno knew about this. What a dirt bag.

Captain Obvious
11-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Jesus Christ...

I'm not sure how to reply.

Mister D
11-05-2011, 08:08 PM
What in the world was a 10 year old doing there?

Anyway, I wouldn't need to call my father. I would have made a scene to stop whatever was going on.

Mister D
11-05-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm sorry I came back to this thread. It's one of those things that is hard to shake.

Conley
11-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Sorry...I had mixed emotions about posting it. I wasn't sure if I should or not. It is so upsetting that this predator was allowed to go on for another decade afterwards. There's more and worse but I'll not mention it. The links are there for those who want to read them.

The only positive that can come of it if we all remember that in many situations no one speaks for the kids (including other kinds of abuse much more common than sexual) so don't leave it up to someone else to alert the proper authorities if you witness an obvious crime. We all need to do our part to better society.

Mister D
11-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Ugh...I thought this was more recent. 2002 didn't sink in for some reason.

Conley
11-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Ugh...I thought this was more recent. 2002 didn't sink in for some reason.

Don't read the links.

spunkloaf
11-14-2011, 10:50 AM
What the fuck goes through somebody's head when they do shit like this? How could this guy continue to function and not be plagued by guilt and anxiety? Those kids are going to grow up as damaged people.

So the graduate assistant called his father after witnessing the event. More than likely he was pretty upset, I would be. The graduate assistant was old enough to know to call the police. Some blame should fall on the dad of the assistant for not telling his son to call the police, and not calling the police himself. So then the assistant takes his story to the head coach, and then to the SVP, both of whom should have called the police.

The rest of the story makes no sense at all. Here's a link with alot more dirt and history. Fuck Yahoo and any other MSM news. There's alot more to this.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/who_knew_what_about_jerry_sand.html

"The adoption file for Matt Sandusky, who had a different name at the time, contains letters of concern from his mother to children and youth officials and to a Centre County judge.

Matt’s biological mother, Debra Long, testified before the grand jury.

Matt, 33, is not one of the victims in the grand jury presentment, but he did testify before the grand jury.

Sandusky’s attorney, Joe Amendola, said Long is upset with Sandusky for helping her son and her allegations are not based in fact. Matt went to live with the Sandusky family after he was caught setting fire to a barn in 1995.

Children and Youth Services placed him with the Sandusky family at Jerry Sandusky’s request. He knew Matt through The Second Mile.

In his book, “Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story” several pages are devoted to Matt." :o

Read on folks.

jgreer
11-14-2011, 10:58 AM
That's horrible. I never liked football, always thought it was for losers. They should ban football at that place, what idiots

spunkloaf
11-14-2011, 11:08 AM
That's horrible. I never liked football, always thought it was for losers. They should ban football at that place, what idiots

I don't like football either, but jgreer....come on. Anybody can decide to think like that and then use it to defame homosexuality, or old men being around young boys, or universities, or locker rooms...the issue at hand is child molestation, nothing more, nothing less.

spunkloaf
11-14-2011, 11:09 AM
I lied, there's also the issue of negligence among adults to properly report the abuse of a child.

jgreer
11-14-2011, 11:11 AM

I don't like football either, but jgreer....come on. Anybody can decide to think like that and then use it to defame homosexuality, or old men being around young boys, or universities, or locker rooms...the issue at hand is child molestation, nothing more, nothing less.

Huh? This has nothing to do with homosexuality. Dont even go there, sick people that want to tie homosexuals to pedophiles. Totally different

If it werent for football this guy would have been in jail ten years ago dont you think?? Why else would everybody cover it up

spunkloaf
11-14-2011, 11:24 AM

Huh? This has nothing to do with homosexuality. Dont even go there, sick people that want to tie homosexuals to pedophiles. Totally different

If it werent for football this guy would have been in jail ten years ago dont you think?? Why else would everybody cover it up

You are saying these men were trying to protect the image of football by not reporting the abuse, am I correct?

spunkloaf
11-14-2011, 11:26 AM

Now you're trying to tie football to pedophilia.

Conley
11-14-2011, 11:26 AM
I don't think they should ban football but everyone who knew about this should be canned. I have no idea why the assistant coach who saw this is still drawing a salary and hasn't been fired. Families of the victims should sue all of them for every last penny.

And Paterno's 'apology' - "With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more..."

Give me an f'ing break. This POS. First of all you shouldn't need hindsight to figure out that anal rape of a child is something you should go to the police about. Second I wish I had done more implies he did anything. He did the absolute bare minimum as required by his job and not even that by the basic standards of human decency.

He didn't even speak to his assistant (the rapist) about the incident, not even once!

spunkloaf
11-14-2011, 11:46 AM
I don't think they should ban football but everyone who knew about this should be canned. I have no idea why the assistant coach who saw this is still drawing a salary and hasn't been fired. Families of the victims should sue all of them for every last penny.

And Paterno's 'apology' - "With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more..."

Give me an f'ing break. This POS. First of all you shouldn't need hindsight to figure out that anal rape of a child is something you should go to the police about. Second I wish I had done more implies he did anything. He did the absolute bare minimum as required by his job and not even that by the basic standards of human decency.

He didn't even speak to his assistant (the rapist) about the incident, not even once!

That would be an awkward conversation.

Paterno: So...How about that win last night? We sure beat the crap out of those guys.

Sandusky: Yeah we sure did. Our guys worked hard and they deserved it. It was very...touching.

Paterno: What do you mean, 'touching?'

Sandusky: I mean...sometimes a slap of encouragement on a guys ass can go a long ways....

Paterno: .....Ok. Just....how....long can it go?

Sandusky: N-Nothing. I feel like a little boy! This will be great shower conversation for the guys...

Paterno: .....

Sandusky: I RAPE BOYS IN THE LOCKER ROOM SHOWER, OK!?!

Sandusky: .........

Paterno: So....practice tomorrow 5:30 as planned?

Sandusky: You got it.

Conley
11-14-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm not saying it would be an easy thing to talk about. Sometimes in life you have to confront things that aren't pleasant.

Personally I would started by just asking what went on that night and go from there. Part of the reason he got away with this for so long was because everyone kept their mouth shut. Fuck that.

Anyway, they knew exactly what was going on since they barred him from bringing kids onto campus. They just didn't give a shit about him doing it elsewhere.

jgreer
11-14-2011, 12:09 PM

Uhhh no i am tying the football to the coverup unless you think there is some other reason???

spunkloaf
11-14-2011, 12:12 PM

Uhhh no i am tying the football to the coverup unless you think there is some other reason???

It's too early to say what prompted the men to cover for the rapist, or if that's even how the story actually happened...but blaming football is not right.

jgreer
11-14-2011, 12:25 PM
who is blaming football?

spunkloaf
11-14-2011, 12:32 PM
You're not blaming football? Then why did you say they should ban it?

Conley
11-14-2011, 12:40 PM
:rofl:

Mister D
11-14-2011, 03:31 PM

That would be an awkward conversation.

Paterno: So...How about that win last night? We sure beat the crap out of those guys.

Sandusky: Yeah we sure did. Our guys worked hard and they deserved it. It was very...touching.

Paterno: What do you mean, 'touching?'

Sandusky: I mean...sometimes a slap of encouragement on a guys ass can go a long ways....

Paterno: .....Ok. Just....how....long can it go?

Sandusky: N-Nothing. I feel like a little boy! This will be great shower conversation for the guys...

Sandusky: I RAPE BOYS IN THE LOCKER ROOM SHOWER, OK!?!

Sandusky: .........

Paterno: So....practice tomorrow 5:30 as planned?

Sandusky: You got it.

:roflmao:

Mister D
11-14-2011, 03:33 PM

:D ???

Conley
11-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Good news!

This is all just a simple misunderstanding:

"In a telephone interview, scheduled to be aired Monday night on NBC News' "Rock Center," Sandusky responded, "No," when Bob Costas asked if he was a pedophile.

"I am innocent of those charges," the 67-year-old Sandusky said. "... I could say that I have done some of those things. I have horsed around with kids I have showered after workouts. I have hugged them and I have touched their legs without intent of sexual contact.""

::) ::) ::)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7235782/former-penn-state-coach-jerry-sandusky-proclaims-innocence-nbc-interview

Mister D
11-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Horse play... :-X

Conley
11-14-2011, 09:44 PM
He's going to have a bad time in prison. I predict there will be a lot of horsing around. :-X

Mister D
11-14-2011, 10:21 PM
He's going to have a bad time in prison. I predict there will be a lot of horsing around. :-X

Yeah, guys like that get killed but he's up there in years. Not sure if they would ever have him with hardened psychos.

Conley
11-14-2011, 10:23 PM

Yeah, guys like that get killed but he's up there in years. Not sure if they would ever have him with hardened psychos.

I'm sure they won't but the guards will make sure his time is difficult. He would not last a day in gen pop.

Mister D
11-14-2011, 10:31 PM

I'm sure they won't but the guards will make sure his time is difficult. He would not last a day in gen pop.

Not change. Agreed. At is age though he will probably get a low security assignment.

MMC
11-15-2011, 02:05 AM
Most of the time the Screws don't do anything other than their job. While I am sure they won't go out of their way for those like Sandusky. They definately won't be causing him anymore hardship.

More than likely if he is a non violent offender. He will be placed in a Med/Min Security prison. Depending on how much time he is given. The ones that will make his time difficult will be the other inmates. Most of the time those with like charges. Usually go to PC. Thats Protective Custody. Not being able to be out in the General population in a max joint. Uhm.....thats with State Prisons. Not Federal.

Of Course in a med/min they wont have much to worry about. Most will not jeopardize themselves for another. As usual with most State Prisons. The Prisons are ran by the gangs. That would be Maximum and Med Security Prisons. Althought I should say with most Northern State Prisons.

Mister D
11-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Most of the time the Screws don't do anything other than their job. While I am sure they won't go out of their way for those like Sandusky. They definately won't be causing him anymore hardship.

More than likely if he is a non violent offender. He will be placed in a Med/Min Security prison. Depending on how much time he is given. The ones that will make his time difficult will be the other inmates. Most of the time those with like charges. Usually go to PC. Thats Protective Custody. Not being able to be out in the General population in a max joint. Uhm.....thats with State Prisons. Not Federal.

Of Course in a med/min they wont have much to worry about. Most will not jeopardize themselves for another. As usual with most State Prisons. The Prisons are ran by the gangs. That would be Maximum and Med Security Prisons. Althought I should say with most Northern State Prisons.

I just don't see a man that age being in a high or medium security prison. He'll be with guys who aren't violent and wuldn't want to risk their own early release.

Conley
11-15-2011, 08:51 AM
It will depend on where he is tried and who the judge is too.

The judge who decided to not require him to pay bail is a volunteer at his boys' charity. No idea why she didn't recuse herself.

Mister D
11-15-2011, 08:53 AM
It will depend on where he is tried and who the judge is too.

The judge who decided to not require him to pay bail is a volunteer at his boys' charity. No idea why she didn't recuse herself.

I'd expect his defense to make a atink about that.

Conley
11-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Paterno has hired the same lawyer who defended GHWB during Iran-Contra

Mister D
11-15-2011, 09:07 AM

Must have big bucks. Anyway, I'm not all that familiar with this sort of thing but I'd imagine he'd make a stink about the judge.

Conley
11-15-2011, 09:10 AM

Must have big bucks. Anyway, I'm not all that familiar with this sort of thing but I'd imagine he'd make a stink about the judge.

Well the judge did him a favor, the theory being they had some connection through the charity.

Mister D
11-15-2011, 09:11 AM

Well the judge did him a favor, the theory being they had some connection through the charity.

Ah...his charity. I misread that. I thought you said a boys charity and i figured she'd have it out for this guy/

MMC
11-15-2011, 09:18 AM

I just don't see a man that age being in a high or medium security prison. He'll be with guys who aren't violent and wuldn't want to risk their own early release.

Exactly.....where no one else is going to risk their time for some piece of shit. Once down to that point even the gangs have trouble maintaining influence with those type of prsions. Meaning with their own members. Moreover in those types of joints they have more rules and more for one to get into trouble with. So most stay out of others buisness and focus on getting out and not hooked up for anything else.

Mister D
11-15-2011, 09:29 AM

Exactly.....where no one else is going to risk their time for some piece of shit. Once down to that point even the gangs have trouble maintaining influence with those type of prsions. Meaning with their own members. Moreover in those types of joints they have more rules and more for one to get into trouble with. So most stay out of others buisness and focus on getting out and not hooked up for anything else.

Yeah, the guys in there just want to get out. Yuo don;t have those lifers and long term guys who just don't care. They're the dangerous ones.

Conley
11-15-2011, 06:00 PM
The lawyer for accused pedophile and former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky reportedly impregnated a teenage girl more than a decade ago.
Joe Amendola, 63, was the attorney for Mary Iavasile’s emancipation petition from Sept. 3, 1996, which was filed just weeks before her 17th birthday, according to Centre County Courthouse documents obtained by iPad newspaper The Daily.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/sandusky_lawyer_impregnated_teenage_7jKwQMCeBlm9RS dr9zeutK#ixzz1dollpzKc

Mister D
11-15-2011, 06:19 PM
The lawyer for accused pedophile and former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky reportedly impregnated a teenage girl more than a decade ago.
Joe Amendola, 63, was the attorney for Mary Iavasile’s emancipation petition from Sept. 3, 1996, which was filed just weeks before her 17th birthday, according to Centre County Courthouse documents obtained by iPad newspaper The Daily.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/sandusky_lawyer_impregnated_teenage_7jKwQMCeBlm9RS dr9zeutK#ixzz1dollpzKc

They sure stick together. >:(

Conley
11-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Well at least the judge was replaced:

"STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- A new judge was assigned Wednesday to handle the child sex abuse charges against former Penn State football assistant coach Jerry Sandusky, whose televised defense earlier this week drew a rebuke from a lawyer for one of his accusers.

The change removed a State College judge with ties to a charity founded by Sandusky for at-risk children, The Second Mile."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7242840/penn-state-nittany-lions-scandal-lawyer-says-client-testify-jerry-sandusky