PDA

View Full Version : Alabama will raise our taxes

MisterVeritis
03-07-2019, 07:08 PM
Kay Ivey ran as a Republican. But she is pushing hard to raise our taxes. And the Republican Legislature appears to be falling in line.

Day after day I have to listen to some slow-talking southern drawling guy telling me its time we fixed our dangerous roads. It is a con job.

Peter1469
03-07-2019, 07:17 PM
Why don't they pass a bonds measure to pay for road repairs? Somehow I think if they raise taxes for it, they will spend any increase, if there actually is any, on something else.

MisterVeritis
03-07-2019, 07:21 PM
Why don't they pass a bonds measure to pay for road repairs? Somehow I think if they raise taxes for it, they will spend any increase, if there actually is any, on something else.
Every politician wants to spend more and more and more.

There were no other good options so Ivey won. I will oppose her next run. But we will still have our taxes raised. Politicians play games with the gas taxes. They build nice roads to beach resorts instead of improving roads in my part of Alabama where much of the money is raised.

Peter1469
03-07-2019, 07:22 PM
Every politician wants to spend more and more and more.

There were no other good options so Ivey won. I will oppose here next run. But we will still have our taxes raised. Politicians play games with the gas taxes. They build nice roads to beach resorts instead of improving roads in my part of Alabama where much of the money is raised.
Near Huntsville? (I think I asked that before.)

MisterVeritis
03-07-2019, 07:23 PM
Near Huntsville? (I think I asked that before.)
Yes. Madison is just west of Huntsville. And Exo is just west of me.

Peter1469
03-07-2019, 07:25 PM
Yes. Madison is just west of Huntsville. And Exo is just west of me.

I hope idiocy is not contagious.

MisterVeritis
03-07-2019, 07:52 PM
I hope idiocy is not contagious.
Me too. He is far enough away I am not concerned.