PDA

View Full Version : Russia Warns Israel of Repercussions Should They Attack Iran

Conley
11-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Military action against Iran would be a "very serious mistake fraught with unpredictable consequences", Russia's foreign minister has warned.

Sergei Lavrov said diplomacy, not missile strikes, was the only way to solve the Iranian nuclear problem.

His comments come after Israeli President Shimon Peres said an attack on Iran was becoming more likely.

The UN's atomic watchdog is expected to say this week that Iran is secretly developing a nuclear arms capability.

Diplomats say the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) report, due for release on Tuesday or Wednesday, will produce compelling evidence that Iran will find hard to dispute.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-15617657

I don't think the Russians are in a position to do anything other than talk tough. Logically they see the danger of a nuclear Iran, and while they are all for obstacles to the U.S., they depend on that oil too and don't need a global economic meltdown along with skyrocketing oil prices. There's nothing they can do in this conflict. We're past the point of negotiations.

MMC
11-08-2011, 12:20 AM
The Russians are still quite formidable. Lets not forget last year they had Military Exercises with China. That both China and Russia have began trading without Converting to the US Dollar. Accepting Each others Currency.

Russia Has a Sub base Right By Syria.

wingrider
11-08-2011, 12:38 AM
so.... I like this a lot... first we will have the psalms 83 war when isreal kicks her enemies asses all over the place.. then there will be the Ezekiel 38 war where russia and her allies will have 5/6th of their armies destroyed..

bring it on man I can hardly wait for the tribulation to begin