PDA

View Full Version : Guys: How Does This Make you Feel?

IMPress Polly
02-05-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm frankly amused. Evidently lots and lots of men are greatly upset by the 30-second Calvin Klein commercial linked below that ran during the Super Bowl. It consists of nothing but the showcasing of a muscle-bound male model in tight, skimpy underwear. What's amusing about that, you ask? What's amusing is that guys are suddenly offended by sexual objectification...NOW THAT IT'S THEM!!!

Here's the commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yelvxwTRUYhttp://thepoliticalforums.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhEgASAPeCALTttfLy8mHSYNTm1FfPVt3 r3CmEJ6jqqRd7FmvWa/T484Pdg93733fad/b69k7MTfPz88DbwDSLMlmgWI/hkEKTQZvGmju0OpzmnIe6hg92DQx0Cvz8/Bp8GPf398jgyCeYJj+RPv///z+4PsXjxWeoZkW3RKnaqmrVak26TITOhGOxYWGuYaDfodjm1z2 UPEvISsPdwk+pTszhzO717i6ILZzbnTGJL1+tXnCtb1W4VPn8+ YvYi/Dy8KThpHPJc+rz6R2DG2KsYhyKG+v064ncisrgysHewF+jXi6Q LUiWRzuxOs3izdP11W/Mb0uwSiqHKRF7Dy6eLWKlYNbl1nO7ch2TG+Xs5TihN3Ovcsbex cDcv226bdnn2cPxxfDx8Nrq2pfNlxSAEki2R5PLlFW6VTGSMD+ 1Pj6rPWWvZTKeMJTfk32/fbLWsjeuNnzAfPz9/DiqN0K1Qo7Xj7/fvxt+GmrOaiKFIE63TdPk02qqaWrGadnp2X7NfsDxwcr1zNT41 hmQF////wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CH5BAEAAIIALAAAAAASABIAAAj/AAUJHCiwAA2CCAfCsaBkA5Q6CCZoSSgQzA0hJxhobELmxRQHCA d0YAOopMmSaSqAFKjAwJs/MGP+sRHICws9AzPg8MOzpx8VgaoE8qFhgEADLQAoXdonEAkRYQ JxySKowJ0DWAPxOPAjEB0OHIBYmSNBUAQzGDAEkhFoT6AjHjzw CaRjTQezSSgEWtFjS6A2ECC4CFSGQhEEVYMsCGQkQIArXwJQCY RnwQInZQUZsJMi0AzHAfIEGtOg9JMcAjNgSWAiEBMIXQLJSUAb RVGWBtAIOBPoQ6AlAoILUFOC4AAEcQhcCHSBgHMCUkKsHDigBo gRD7LDcDMEiQKKOyxUDdggJkrEGBQTFiCSPiAAOw== (https://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D1yelvxwtruy%26h%3Dnaqgqd-3-%26s%3D1/-?pip=false&premium=false&client_uid=4062478387&client_ver=3.6.0.187&client_type=IEPlugin&suite=false&aff_id=0&locale=en_us&ui=1&os_ver=6.0.2.0)

Here are the top two most popular comments on the YouTube page for this commercial as of this writing:

This is the most popular comment, with 35 Likes: "LOL all the men are pissed as hell, women have to see half-naked unattainable female bodies every hour...good that it's switched for once, hes sexy as F", writes thegreentree11.

The second most popular comment, with 16 Likes, is this one by RyalityTV: "It's probably "disliked" by insecure guys who are mad that this guy has a better body than them. lol"

...Need I say more? This is how women are treated all the time in our media and men never get upset by it, but instead reward it and tell us womenz to just get over it and quit being "feminazis" and "bitches" about everything. Yet now that it's you though, it's a big deal and totally offensive!

What I'm saying guys is that you should either quit treating women this way or stop complaining when the same thing happens to you, one of the two. But let's not have these silly male chauvinist double-standards. If you get to treat us as sub-human, we get to treat you the same way, and I don't wanna hear ANY complaints! Deal? If you're offended by one little spot here and there, imagine how us ladies feel. Ready to take this issue seriously yet?

zelmo1234
02-05-2013, 01:45 PM
I don't remember giving them permission to use my body for this video :smiley_ROFLMAO:

If men are ticked off then they should never look at a atractive women ever again!

KC
02-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Anyone who's pissed off at that is probably being a hypocrite. Hetero guys like to look at women's bodies. We can't get mad when women want to look at men's bodies.

Mister D
02-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Where are all these men who care?

Disco Stu
02-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Actually it seems as of recently the last few years or so they are using more and more AVERAGE LOOKING women on television and advertising instead of super models

Also you see more overweight charecters and I belive this is to reflect Americas growing waistline and make people feel more comfortable

KC
02-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Actually it seems as of recently the last few years or so they are using more and more AVERAGE LOOKING women on television and advertising instead of super models

Also you see more overweight charecters and I belive this is to reflect Americas growing waistline and make people feel more comfortable

I'm thinking that second part isn't such a positive thing.

I can't say I know much about what happens on TV. I only watch shows on Netflix occasionally, and I didn't have time to watch the superbowl.

GrassrootsConservative
02-05-2013, 03:55 PM
What's amusing is that guys are suddenly offended by sexual objectification...NOW THAT IT'S THEM!!!

You're serious? Do you realize how sexist that remark is?
I hate people like you. Let's just lump guys and gals into two groups.
Fuck humans being individual people, that's obviously fake.
All men think alike and all women think alike, right?
Think the same way? All "guys" are offended by that ad?
No.
Dumbass.

roadmaster
02-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Well he is too young for me and I preferred at that age a regular guy that worked. A little muscle with a nice smile and good heart. None of my sons looked offended.

Chris
02-05-2013, 04:14 PM
"I'm built for comfort, not speed."
~Howlin' Wolf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAwTked_5Ec

bladimz
02-05-2013, 04:15 PM
No.
Dumbass.Dude. Try a little tenderness. You don't need to get all up ___ ___ ____ about it.

bladimz
02-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Well he is too young for me and I preferred at that age a regular guy that worked. A little muscle with a nice smile and good heart. None of my sons looked offended.
I never looked like this guy. Even in my prime. Not even close. More like the guy you describe, Road. But my son looks a lot like the guy in this ad. Seriously. And he's married to one of those women that make regular women pissed.

respectfulguest
02-05-2013, 04:22 PM
recall this commercial during SB, made comment at time that it was not a very good commercial to endorse a nutty-buddy (in baseball terms a nutty-buddy is a cup) anyhow the guys thought the comment was rather funny, the girls on the other-hand did not acknowledge as their attention was on ad.. the men I was around generally made fun of the commercial, but possibly making fun is a form of taking offense??.. personally I thought the commercial was pretty funny, but from a marketing perspective guess it worked 'cause a few days have passed and still remember ad.

Chris
02-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Dude. Try a little tenderness. You don't need to get all up ___ ___ ____ about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXmLjbTBcdU

Chloe
02-05-2013, 04:35 PM
No.
Dumbass.

You have to admit though that women are objectified a lot more than guys ever are. It is kind of funny when guys get offended over this kind of stuff.

Mister D
02-05-2013, 04:35 PM
But who is offended?

Carygrant
02-05-2013, 04:36 PM
I wear them . Always buy them in January when they are half price .
Purple or Carmine .
Make you look good and the upholstery is a cut above the average .

GrassrootsConservative
02-05-2013, 04:40 PM
You have to admit though that women are objectified a lot more than guys ever are. It is kind of funny when guys get offended over this kind of stuff.

Yup. That's the way life is, but people like the OP don't need to blame all guys for it.
It's all subjective, the guys who get mad over it are pathetic.
If they're jealous of the way he looks, they can fix themselves. They have that freedom.
I look way better than that dude.

Mister D
02-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Has the femininzation of western males really come so far?

GrassrootsConservative
02-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Has the femininzation of western males really come so far?

Yep. Liberals don't like real men because they get out and earn their own money.

They want everyone to sit on their ass and collect their food stamps from the government, who take it from the real men.

Chloe
02-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Yup. That's the way life is, but people like the OP don't need to blame all guys for it.
It's all subjective, the guys who get mad over it are pathetic.
If they're jealous of the way he looks, they can fix themselves. They have that freedom.
I look way better than that dude.

I kindof think you may be reading into it a little too much in my opinion but ok.

Chloe
02-05-2013, 04:57 PM
By the way we all contribute to the objectification of each other in my opinion. Id' be willing to bet that every one of us when we are looking for what clothes to wear every morning, or how we want our hair to look, or whatever, we are doing it just to make us look attractive and to be seen by the opposite, or same, sex. You can say that you don't try, and that you don't care, and i'm sure there are some people who probably don't of course and those people are actually obvious a lot of the times, but even if you aren't really trying to draw attention to yourself you will still choose clothes or a hair style that you think makes you look good to someone else. At the end of the day most girls WANT to be looked at by guys just like most guys WANT to be looked at by girls. Some people try way to hard though.

Peter1469
02-05-2013, 04:59 PM
I have 6 pair of that brand. :wink:

roadmaster
02-05-2013, 05:00 PM
I never looked like this guy. Even in my prime. Not even close. More like the guy you describe, Road. But my son looks a lot like the guy in this ad. Seriously. And he's married to one of those women that make regular women pissed. Two of mine have black belts but don't look like this guy. One of my nephews yes, but he is a weight lifter in competitions. All three of these are not married yet. Don't know why women get pissed but I have always been slim but they have dated all sizes of women.

Chris
02-05-2013, 05:02 PM
By the way we all contribute to the objectification of each other in my opinion. Id' be willing to bet that every one of us when we are looking for what clothes to wear every morning, or how we want our hair to look, or whatever, we are doing it just to make us look attractive and to be seen by the opposite, or same, sex. You can say that you don't try, and that you don't care, and i'm sure there are some people who probably don't of course and those people are actually obvious a lot of the times, but even if you aren't really trying to draw attention to yourself you will still choose clothes or a hair style that you think makes you look good to someone else. At the end of the day most girls WANT to be looked at by guys just like most guys WANT to be looked at by girls.

Nope. Jeans and t shirt, sweatshirt on cold days, whatever's on the top on the shelf. Hair and beard short so no need to style. Too old to be concerned. :old:

Peter1469
02-05-2013, 05:07 PM
I would guess that the model is around 4-5% body fat. Looks good, but not healthy for the long term. Most competitive body builders only get that low for competition. In the off season they stay between 9-12%.

Chloe
02-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Nope. Jeans and t shirt, sweatshirt on cold days, whatever's on the top on the shelf. Hair and beard short so no need to style. Too old to be concerned. :old:

Yeah But see if you walked by a pretty girl I'm sure you'd still hope she'd sneak a peak though. I like wearing a sweatshirt and jeans too, I'm wearing that right now, but I'm still conscious of how I look even if I'm dressed simply.

Chris
02-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Yeah But see if you walked by a pretty girl I'm sure you'd still hope she'd sneak a peak though. I like wearing a sweatshirt and jeans too, I'm wearing that right now, but I'm still conscious of how I look even if I'm dressed simply.

I'd suck the old belly in. I can still dream!

I cut my own hair and always miss a patch, and my son, who is very style conscious, always gets worked up about. I just say hell I don't have to look at it.

I was a bit back in highschool. I had suede boots.

Chloe
02-05-2013, 05:27 PM
I'd suck the old belly in. I can still dream!

I cut my own hair and always miss a patch, and my son, who is very style conscious, always gets worked up about. I just say hell I don't have to look at it.

I was a bit back in highschool. I had suede boots.

Please stop cutting your own hair

roadmaster
02-05-2013, 05:31 PM
But we are women and yes just like today I will dress up for my husband and meet him for supper at a restaurant. Other than that I am a jeans person and never been a slave to fashion. He has to wear a suite to work so.... but jeans on a man looks great too.:wink:

roadmaster
02-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Please stop cutting your own hair
Why all my sons do. They like buzz cuts. Will not let their hair grow and when I was a teen it was a fashion for men to have hair to their shoulder. I gave up a long time ago.

Chloe
02-05-2013, 05:39 PM
But we are women and yes just like today I will dress up for my husband and meet him for supper at a restaurant. Other than that I am a jeans person and never been a slave to fashion. He has to wear a suite to work so.... but jeans on a man looks great too.:wink:

Oh i know. I won't lie there are several guys I always look forward to seeing on campus, so yep I know :)

im a bit of a slave to fashion to an extent since I like clothes, but yes at the end of the day I am similar in that I prefer just being comfortable. But even when I dress down I still want to look cute just in case

bladimz
02-05-2013, 05:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXmLjbTBcdUI was counting on you. I even set it up for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKUOB8MN4Kc

Adelaide
02-05-2013, 07:06 PM

I miss the days I could just wear jeans. I spend most of my time at work... lots of skirts, heels and blouses. It's like a competition to be fashionable, so I end up in sky-high heels pretty much every day of the week. My poor, poor feet. However, I'm an expert now and can even walk on pure ice in stilettos, which seriously should be an olympic sport. I can also walk for hours and hours in stilettos without a problem. It's a talent, apparently, that I manage to have.

Chloe
02-05-2013, 07:32 PM
I miss the days I could just wear jeans. I spend most of my time at work... lots of skirts, heels and blouses. It's like a competition to be fashionable, so I end up in sky-high heels pretty much every day of the week. My poor, poor feet. However, I'm an expert now and can even walk on pure ice in stilettos, which seriously should be an olympic sport. I can also walk for hours and hours in stilettos without a problem. It's a talent, apparently, that I manage to have.

I hate wearing heels, hate it hate it. I had to wear some at a wedding last year and after every picture they'd come right off and my flats would go right back on.

Adelaide
02-05-2013, 08:26 PM
I hate wearing heels, hate it hate it. I had to wear some at a wedding last year and after every picture they'd come right off and my flats would go right back on.

You honestly get used to it. If you like the way they look but hate the feel, start out with wedge heels. They're like training heels. It conditions your feet for the position but provides more stability. Also, anything that supports your ankle is automatically easier to wear and more comfortable. Ankle boots are fashionable and probably one of the most comfortable footwear choices when it comes to heels right now.

Chloe
02-05-2013, 08:32 PM
You honestly get used to it. If you like the way they look but hate the feel, start out with wedge heels. They're like training heels. It conditions your feet for the position but provides more stability. Also, anything that supports your ankle is automatically easier to wear and more comfortable. Ankle boots are fashionable and probably one of the most comfortable footwear choices when it comes to heels right now.

I like how they make me taller...that's about it. I'll suck it up and wear them whenever I have to, but I'll try what you said above.

Adelaide
02-05-2013, 08:39 PM
I like how they make me taller...that's about it. I'll suck it up and wear them whenever I have to, but I'll try what you said above.

I couldn't find a proper link (http://www.amazon.com/Vera-Wang-Lavender-Womens-Talli/dp/B005SMIEBM) because they are last season, but my favourite shoes to wear to work are the Talli Vera Wang Lavender pumps in cognac. I paid almost $300 for them but they're absolutely glorious (in my opinon). Quality can make a difference in comfort, as well. Although, there is not much that makes a 5" heel comfortable. lol

They are awesome. Favourite shoes ever. Don't mind the jeans - I would never wear those beauties with jeans.

Chris
02-05-2013, 08:45 PM
I just paid $25 for some sneakers. They're nice and comfy and should last several years. I have some dress black sneakers too. Some 15 year old work boots. That's it.

$300 for shoes!!

Adelaide
02-05-2013, 08:47 PM
I just paid $25 for some sneakers. They're nice and comfy and should last several years. I have some dress black sneakers too. Some 15 year old work boots. That's it.

$300 for shoes!!

Worth every cent, and not the most I've ever spent. lol

Chloe
02-05-2013, 08:49 PM

$300 for shoes!!

$300 isn't really that bad all things considered. That's kind of on the lower end for a lot of really good shoes. Same goes for clothes too. You get what you pay for most of the time....although sometimes it's just for the name.

Chloe
02-05-2013, 09:03 PM

I don't often splurge on shoes as much as some girls do, but clothes, watch out. It's sad to admit but my parents are always so surprised by just how few new clothes I actually come home with sometimes when compared to the amount of money that they gave me to go get the new clothes.

Peter1469
02-05-2013, 09:05 PM

Not me.

Peter1469
02-05-2013, 09:05 PM
I don't often splurge on shoes as much as some girls do, but clothes, watch out. It's sad to admit but my parents are always so surprised by just how few new clothes I actually come home with sometimes when compared to the amount of money that they gave me to go get the new clothes.

Then what is it with jeans that have holes in them?

Chloe
02-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Then what is it with jeans that have holes in them?

It's just a style thing. Not all of my jeans that I own or buy have holes in them.

Chloe
02-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Not me.

Well no I'd hope you wouldn't

Peter1469
02-05-2013, 09:09 PM

I find the military issue field boots too crappy, so I buy Danners- $220. Comfy and stylish.

http://www.danner.com/desert-tfxr-rough-out-hot-military-boots.html

Peter1469
02-05-2013, 09:09 PM
It's just a style thing. Not all of my jeans that I own or buy have holes in them.

I don't believe you.

Mister D
02-05-2013, 09:13 PM
I mow the lawn in ripped jeans while chewing tobacco. Farmer D

Chloe
02-05-2013, 09:15 PM
I don't believe you.

Look at my profile picture. Those jeans have no holes. There!

Adelaide
02-05-2013, 09:16 PM

Oh, I splurge on both. And electronics. And perfume.

I think I'm a spending monster. :eek:

Chloe
02-05-2013, 09:19 PM

It's ok we support each of our country's economies :wink:

Chris
02-05-2013, 09:21 PM
IOW, style. I buy for function, biggest bang for the lowest buck. How can you walk in those stilettos? Or is that not the point.

Peter1469
02-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Look at my profile picture. Those jeans have no holes. There!

But I know you still have the ones with the holes in them.

Peter1469
02-05-2013, 09:25 PM

You should save more. Just say'in.

Chloe
02-05-2013, 09:26 PM
But I know you still have the ones with the holes in them.

Well yes of course. I have quite a few actually, but I have more pairs without holes, so it balances..

Peter1469
02-05-2013, 09:26 PM
I mow the lawn in ripped jeans while chewing tobacco. Farmer D

Nothing wrong with that, for a man.

Mister D
02-05-2013, 09:32 PM

Good point.

Chloe
02-05-2013, 09:35 PM

why not a girl? Except for the chewing tobacco part

Mister D
02-05-2013, 09:53 PM

Thank you for that qualifying that. :undecided:

Chloe
02-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Thank you for that qualifying that. :undecided:

What you don't find it an attractive quality in a girl to chew tobacco :grin:

Peter1469
02-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Good point.
Well that is why I made the point. :wink:

Adelaide
02-05-2013, 10:00 PM
IOW, style. I buy for function, biggest bang for the lowest buck. How can you walk in those stilettos? Or is that not the point.

It's hard, but you get the hang of it and it makes your butt look great.

Peter1469
02-05-2013, 10:00 PM

That was a fundamental part of the scenario. Get me a beer.

Mister D
02-05-2013, 10:02 PM

That's just not cool. :lipsrsealed:

Peter1469
It's hard, but you get the hang of it and it makes your butt look great.

When I was a groupie for a lesbian band (Ruby Fruit Jungle- New Orleans) they suggested that I didn't keep my wallet in my back pocket. That is when I got a clip for my money. Now my ass is readily visible for all.

Mister D
That was a fundamental part of the scenario. Get me a beer.

Or a glass of single malt.

roadmaster
02-05-2013, 10:07 PM

I did when I was in my twenties but being 5'8" sometimes it made me look too tall.

Peter1469
02-05-2013, 10:09 PM

In college we had a very attractive chick who chewed tobacco- although I think she only did it at the bars to "impress the guys."

Chris
02-05-2013, 10:13 PM
When I was a groupie for a lesbian band (Ruby Fruit Jungle- New Orleans) they suggested that I didn't keep my wallet in my back pocket. That is when I got a clip for my money. Now my ass is readily visible for all.

In stilettos? :shocked:

Peter1469
02-05-2013, 10:15 PM
In stilettos? :shocked:

The lesbians, not me.

Chris
02-05-2013, 10:17 PM
The lesbians, not me.

Ah, OK, but now I can't get the picture out of my head, ay yay yay!

roadmaster
02-05-2013, 10:20 PM
In college we had a very attractive chick who chewed tobacco- although I think she only did it at the bars to "impress the guys."

That is gross. Men ok not women.

Chloe
02-05-2013, 10:22 PM
That is gross. Men ok not women.

It's gross either way but yes for a girl it's just gross and awkward

roadmaster
02-05-2013, 10:25 PM
It's gross either way but yes for a girl it's just gross and awkward

I never liked guys doing it either but some did. Especially the ones who played sports. Do they think it looks manly?

Chloe
02-05-2013, 10:27 PM
I never liked guys doing it either but some did. Especially the ones who played sports. Do they think it looks manly?

Who knows. I just know if I ever date someone that does that he would have to quit.

Peter1469
02-05-2013, 10:32 PM

I did it when I was in the Infantry on a zero dark thirty watch. To stay awake.

Mister D
02-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Who knows. I just know if I ever date someone that does that he would have to quit.

It's so manly you'll be smitten. :wink:

Peter1469
02-05-2013, 10:33 PM
I did it when I was in the Infantry on a zero dark thirty watch. To stay awake.

I even used the coffee from the MRE packet as a dip- now that was strong.