PDA

View Full Version : Forest friends, Deer, Racoon, & a Cat....oh my......

Just AnotherPerson
05-22-2019, 06:43 AM
So yesterday I was out in the woods and this deer appeared he froze when he seen me. I told him it was ok, and he went back to his business. He walked away grazing along, but then he came back over to me, and was just staring at me for a while. I thought well this is one friendly deer. I am going to get my camera. Sure enough he let me come right up to him so I got a couple short vids. I put together a few different vids that I have taken over the last week. The vids are not quality the camera shakes around quite a bit. But I didn't make them for anyone but me. I thought I would share.

Vid 1 is after I cleared some blackberry bushes out of an area, a deer just came and laid down in the dirt there.
Vid 2 & 3 Were the ones I took of the friendly deer today
Vid 4 is of my stray cat, and a racoon they are BFF's LoL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyjSSkZpqVk

Mini Me
05-22-2019, 10:36 AM
Where are the rest of the videos?

I was interested in the cat/racoon vid, as Racoons slaughtered my prize cat! I hate racoons!

And am not fond of deer. They cause bad car collisions, attract mountain lions, and bring ticks! I call them "Dambys"!

I have plenty of "Hairy bear" stories to tell, including face to face Grizzly Bears!Lots of Rattler stories.

Don't get me wrong; I love animals, but mainly if they stay in their natural habitat.

Standing Wolf
05-22-2019, 10:39 AM

I was interested in the cat/racoon vid, as Racoons slaughtered my prize cat! I hate racoons!

And am not fond of deer. They cause bad car collisions, attract mountain lions, and bring ticks! I call them "Dambys"!

I have plenty of "Hairy bear" stories to tell, including face to face Grizzly Bears!Lots of Rattler stories.

Don't get me wrong; I love animals, but mainly if they stay in their natural habitat.

Unfortunately, their "natural habitat" is increasingly being taken over by us.

Just AnotherPerson
05-22-2019, 10:46 AM

I put all of the vids in one. The cat and racoon are towards the end. The vid is only 3 mins long. :) The deer are my absolute favorite. They are the kindest most gentle beings.

Sorry to hear about your cat, that is awful. My racoons are really sweet. We have three of them, they are really gentle, and friendly. The cat that lives here in the woods loves him. They hang out a lot. I will try to get more vid of the racoon in the future and post it.

Mini Me
05-22-2019, 11:42 AM

Just AnotherPerson
05-22-2019, 01:26 PM

They are all in one video. If you watch the whole video you will see that it fades in and out, that is the transition from one video to the next. Each video is short. :)

Captain Obvious
05-25-2019, 02:45 PM
We get shit tons of deer in our yard. Mostly I think because I don't always mow my lawn and they like the grass.

They're not shy also, they'll just meander about just feet from you.

https://i.imgur.com/qkacZ3j.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8y5Jq8y.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/maR7ZlQ.jpg

Just AnotherPerson
05-28-2019, 11:55 PM
Captain Obvious, cool pictures. Thank you for posting those.

donttread
06-02-2019, 07:03 AM
So yesterday I was out in the woods and this deer appeared he froze when he seen me. I told him it was ok, and he went back to his business. He walked away grazing along, but then he came back over to me, and was just staring at me for a while. I thought well this is one friendly deer. I am going to get my camera. Sure enough he let me come right up to him so I got a couple short vids. I put together a few different vids that I have taken over the last week. The vids are not quality the camera shakes around quite a bit. But I didn't make them for anyone but me. I thought I would share.

Vid 1 is after I cleared some blackberry bushes out of an area, a deer just came and laid down in the dirt there.
Vid 2 & 3 Were the ones I took of the friendly deer today
Vid 4 is of my stray cat, and a racoon they are BFF's LoL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyjSSkZpqVk

Nice job with setting that to music.

Just AnotherPerson
06-02-2019, 04:32 PM
Nice job with setting that to music.Thank you :) I didn't do a very good job recording. I had just recorded it for myself because I like the deer so much. But for fun, I put the videos together and added some music just case any of you guys would also like to see the deer too. It was all in good fun.

donttread
06-02-2019, 06:39 PM
Thank you :) I didn't do a very good job recording. I had just recorded it for myself because I like the deer so much. But for fun, I put the videos together and added some music just case any of you guys would also like to see the deer too. It was all in good fun.

The raccoon was a nice touch too. They can steal the show.

Just AnotherPerson
06-02-2019, 06:59 PM
The raccoon was a nice touch too. They can steal the show.

It just killed me how the kitty was trotting, he is a goofball, then he jumps up in the tree and then out. He had just eaten, he had some pep. LOL. I am not sure why that was so funny to me. I got some other pics of the racoon the other day. The first was when he came up to me because he wanted some food, the second is after he was eating his cat food. LoL.

Captain Obvious
06-02-2019, 08:13 PM
Racoons are fuckers, when I was in New Hampshire there were a shit ton of them there.

I latched my garbage cans, drilled holes in them and those fuckers still managed to get into them.

Just AnotherPerson
06-02-2019, 08:15 PM
Racoons are $#@!ers, when I was in New Hampshire there were a $#@! ton of them there.

I latched my garbage cans, drilled holes in them and those $#@!ers still managed to get into them.

We don't have any problems with them. The ones here are really gentle creatures. I like them a lot. I hear lost of people say that about them, but we have at least three that hang out here and not a single problem. They are just like big cats.

Captain Obvious
06-02-2019, 08:16 PM
We don't have any problems with them. The ones here are really gentle creatures. I like them a lot. I hear lost of people say that about them, but we have at least three that hang out here and no a single problem. They are just like big cats.

They must have a lot of food sources.

Don't have them out in the desert so my rubbish cans are safe.

:)

Lummy
06-02-2019, 08:20 PM
Racoons are $#@!ers, when I was in New Hampshire there were a $#@! ton of them there.

I latched my garbage cans, drilled holes in them and those $#@!ers still managed to get into them.

We don't have any problems with them. The ones here are really gentle creatures. I like them a lot. I hear lost of people say that about them, but we have at least three that hang out here and no a single problem. They are just like big cats.

If they set a mind to, they can create a lot of mischief, especially with garbage. I trapped one once and relocated it. Haven't been bothered lately though.

Lummy
06-02-2019, 08:23 PM
Unfortunately, their "natural habitat" is increasingly being taken over by us.

If you just move over in bed, both raccoons and coyotes would be happy to have a sleep-over. Your habitat is their habitat.

Just AnotherPerson
06-02-2019, 08:38 PM
If they set a mind to, they can create a lot of mischief, especially with garbage. I trapped one once and relocated it. Haven't been bothered lately though.
I imagine that is true. They are really adorable though like little bandits.

Dr. Who
06-03-2019, 12:00 AM
I imagine that is true. They are really adorable though like little bandits.
They are incredibly cute and intelligent and very adaptive to their environment.

Common
06-03-2019, 03:37 AM
Very nice heartwarming, but the downside is getting familiar with humans gets them killed during hunting season. Im sorry to be a downer but its true. The more skittish they are of any human the better chance they have to stay alive.

Just AnotherPerson
06-03-2019, 12:42 PM
Very nice heartwarming, but the downside is getting familiar with humans gets them killed during hunting season. Im sorry to be a downer but its true. The more skittish they are of any human the better chance they have to stay alive.

I get what you are saying, but in my neck of the woods everyone is on friendly terms with the animals. My area is somewhat of an animal sanctuary. The mother deer always come here to raise their young. Mostly people who hunt racoon do so by trapping. That would get them whether they were friendly or not I suppose. It is a shame that someone would kill such a kind animal for their fur. What a shame.

Just AnotherPerson
06-03-2019, 03:30 PM
Seen the most adorable little deer today. He was not quite a baby but pretty small. Maybe a little kid deer, LoL.