PDA

View Full Version : JoePa fired

Captain Obvious
11-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Just announced, Joe is gonzo.

Wow...

MMC
11-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I heard A. Cooper talking about this with some chick who considered the matter to be a legal one with Joe. Stating he should have contacted the police. Paterno Contacted his boss and gave it to him. But Cooper went on into a big spiel about how he himself would have checked everyday with his supervisor concerning a report he made about someone else into something illegal. Course Cooper stated he would have called the cops after his boss. This is so screwed with the media it is ridiculous.

So they want to push it on Joe just so they all can say that everybody involved was in the wrong. That he did not do enuff and this is the reason for him to be fired. Like he should have to involve himself into all of this. While trying to run a College Football program.

I think it is high time that people went after all who make themsleves the Face of the Media. Time to upset their little perfect world and make them available to the American People with all their friggin dirt. Then we can go back and ask why they are on Television with the shit in their background or daily lives.

Conley
11-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Just announced, Joe is gonzo.

Wow...

Good riddance. Last I heard he was going to retire after the season. He has no excuse, and the fact that he's said he did what was necessary by telling his superior is bullshit. He did the bare minimum. Penn State will never be the same after this.

Come on, if any of us had an employee molesting children would you not report it to the cops? This pedophile had a long history and Penn St. knew enough to ban him. They knew something was going on. This isn't the case of the media tearing someone down. This is about right and wrong.

Conley
11-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Told by a graduate assistant in 2002 that former Nittany Lions defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky had sexually assaulted a boy, believed to be 10 years old, in the showers of Penn State's football complex, Paterno did nothing more than inform athletics director Tim Curley and university vice president Gary Schultz of the allegations. Paterno never personally called police. His son, Scott Paterno, told the Philadelphia Inquirer on Wednesday that his father never even asked Sandusky -- his assistant coach for three decades and who was once considered his heir apparent -- about the incident.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7214753/joe-paterno-firing-was-only-decision-penn-state-nittany-lions-make

Mister D
11-10-2011, 10:04 AM
This has turned into a huge story.

MMC
11-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Yeah now that I see all that time.....there is no way he couldnt have known. Big Career ending in a Stain. Seems more on the staff would know too. Maybe even some of those other coaches.

People round here were saying Penn State should be barred for 2 or 3 yrs from competing.

Mister D
11-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Yeah now that I see all that time.....there is no way he couldnt have known. Big Career ending in a Stain. Seems more on the staff would know too. Maybe even some of those other coaches.

People round here were saying Penn State should be barred for 2 or 3 yrs from competing.

There would appear to be some moral rot in that organization.

Conley
11-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Yeah the guy who witnessed the rape is now the coach of the wide receivers. Not only should he be fired he should be brought up on charges IMO. I can't even begin to understand how something like this is possible.

One thing I will say about Paterno is that I thought it was crappy they fired him over the phone. They should have had the decency to go talk to him face to face. I guess they felt they didn't even owe him that.

Like you said D, it seems there is some moral rot in there that needs to be ripped out. Makes me not even want to follow sports, by watching it we contribute to that kind of crap. The schools get millions of dollars and that's why things like this get covered up. If this were the crew team I don't think that pedophile would have ever gotten to keep preying on children.

Mister D
11-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Yeah the guy who witnessed the rape is now the coach of the wide receivers. Not only should he be fired he should be brought up on charges IMO. I can't even begin to understand how something like this is possible.

One thing I will say about Paterno is that I thought it was crappy they fired him over the phone. They should have had the decency to go talk to him face to face. I guess they felt they didn't even owe him that.

Like you said D, it seems there is some moral rot in there that needs to be ripped out. Makes me not even want to follow sports, by watching it we contribute to that kind of crap. The schools get millions of dollars and that's why things like this get covered up. If this were the crew team I don't think that pedophile would have ever gotten to keep preying on children.

You mean the kid who called his dad back in '02 after witnessing the shower thing? I can't imagine how that wouldn't be on your mind every time you looked at the guy.

Regarding Paterno, I bet that was one very uncomfortable situation. Some peopel just wouldn't want the confrontation and, like you said, he didn't deserve any professional courtesy.

It's all about money in the end. No doubt.

MMC
11-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Media said some students rioted there. Attacking cops to. Turned over the only local TV vehicle that was reporting. Cops hit-em with tear-gas.

Conley
11-10-2011, 01:44 PM

You mean the kid who called his dad back in '02 after witnessing the shower thing? I can't imagine how that wouldn't be on your mind every time you looked at the guy.

Regarding Paterno, I bet that was one very uncomfortable situation. Some peopel just wouldn't want the confrontation and, like you said, he didn't deserve any professional courtesy.

Yep, that grad student that witnessed it ended up as one of their current coaches on salary. I don't know if what he saw and the fact that he kept it quiet helped him move up the ladder. It's possible.

Mister D
11-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Media said some students rioted there. Attacking cops to. Turned over the only local TV vehicle that was reporting. Cops hit-em with tear-gas.

About what? The coverup?

Mister D
11-10-2011, 01:45 PM

Yep, that grad student that witnessed it ended up as one of their current coaches on salary. I don't know if what he saw and the fact that he kept it quiet helped him move up the ladder. It's possible.

Good point. Sheesh...

Conley
11-10-2011, 01:47 PM

About what? The coverup?

No, they rioted because Paterno got fired. Ridiculous, isn't it?

Mister D
11-10-2011, 01:48 PM

About what? The coverup?

No, they rioted because Paterno got fired. Ridiculous, isn't it?

Dude, for real!? I was going to ask that but then I thought it was a stupid question. No one would do that. WTF... :o ::) ??? >:(

Conley
11-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Yeah. Everything about this story is fucked. :(

MMC
11-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Yep they were pist he got fired. They were saying he was an Icon. Brought Millions and millions into the school. Students looked up to him and whatnot.

Conley
11-10-2011, 02:11 PM
I liked him a lot before this story broke. I think most would say he was one of the most loved coaches in all of sports. Now of course I find his conduct extremely upsetting. I can't help feeling sorry for him but he brought this on himself by not doing the right thing, not contacting the police, not confronting his employee, not trying to find out if the kid was ok. He didn't do a lot of things which most decent people would have.

Mister D
11-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Yep they were pist he got fired. They were saying he was an Icon. Brought Millions and millions into the school. Students looked up to him and whatnot.

Glad the administration had some integrity. It's rare these days when so much money is involved.

MMC
11-10-2011, 02:14 PM

Glad the administration had some integrity. It's rare these days when so much money is involved.

They fired the headmaster too. Spanier I think his name was or something like it.

Mister D
11-10-2011, 02:15 PM

They fired the headmaster too. Spanier I think his name was or something like it.

If he knew then good.

Conley
11-10-2011, 02:36 PM

If he knew then good.

Yep to both.