Great tier:

Feta cheese, goat cheese

Good tier:

Colby jack, Romano, Parmesan, Mozzarella

Eh tier:

Cheddar

oceanloverOH
02-22-2013, 07:35 PM
Bleu cheese is gross....I know it's just mental, but I can't get past the fact that it has MOLD in it. Remove the bleu and add the Romano, THAT would be my awesome tier!

Dr. Who
02-22-2013, 07:38 PM
So true, can't handle the taste or the look of blue. Tastes rancid to me.

Conley
02-23-2013, 12:14 PM
Awesome tier:

Blue cheese, pepper jack, swiss and munster

Great tier:

Feta cheese, goat cheese

Good tier:

Colby jack, Romano, Parmesan, Mozzarella

Eh tier:

Cheddar

Way to confirm those Wisconsin stereotypes about cheese :rollseyes: You people! :grin:

No mention of Monterey Jack?

I agree with the placing of Pepper Jack, maybe even give it it's own tier above the other three...that stuff is orgasmic

oceanloverOH
02-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Actually, I would add Edam and Gouda to the my great tier, since I've never tasted goat cheese and I really got into Dutch cheese when I lived in Germany!

Peter1469
02-23-2013, 02:12 PM
I like lots of different types of cheeses. I love blue cheeses!

Dr. Who
02-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Actually, I would add Edam and Gouda to the my great tier, since I've never tasted goat cheese and I really got into Dutch cheese when I lived in Germany!
Goat cheese is not all created equally. Most goat cheese I have experienced has less flavor than ordinary cream cheese. But then there is also the good stuff which is quite good. I am a big fan of feta, especially in a salad with peppers, onion, tomato and cucumber, a little olive oil, some balsamic vinegar, and greek herbs. Add a bit of chicken and it's a whole meal. Yum.

oceanloverOH
02-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Goat cheese is not all created equally. Most goat cheese I have experienced has less flavor than ordinary cream cheese. But then there is also the good stuff which is quite good. I am a big fan of feta, especially in a salad with peppers, onion, tomato and cucumber, a little olive oil, some balsamic vinegar, and greek herbs. Add a bit of chicken and it's a whole meal. Yum.

Mmmmm....Greek salad IS yum!

Captain Obvious
02-23-2013, 11:54 PM
I eat a lot of cheese, my weekdaily regiment is cheese sandwiches. Usually colby or provolone. I've sworn off meats during the week but I'll green it up a bit with lettuces and tomato.

Makes taking a dump interesting sometimes.

Did anyone mention limburger? Every once in a while I'll get my hands on some and make a stink sandwich. Limburger, thinly sliced onion, maybe some liverwurst and a bit of mustard on rye. Awesome!

Captain Obvious
02-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Oh yea, bleu cheese - it's hard to find really good bleu cheese dressing so I've gotten in the habit of making my own. Minced onions are the key.

Once in a blue moon I make a camembert (sp?) spread - basically camembert cheese and paprika and minced onions. It's fantastic.

Dr. Who
02-24-2013, 12:12 AM
I eat a lot of cheese, my weekdaily regiment is cheese sandwiches. Usually colby or provolone. I've sworn off meats during the week but I'll green it up a bit with lettuces and tomato.

Makes taking a dump interesting sometimes.

Did anyone mention limburger? Every once in a while I'll get my hands on some and make a stink sandwich. Limburger, thinly sliced onion, maybe some liverwurst and a bit of mustard on rye. Awesome!

Like the liverwurst and even the onion, but LIMBURGER - yikes. Hope you don't breathe on anyone after that. The horror.:shocked: