PDA

View Full Version : Szeged Spices

Mister D
02-25-2013, 09:51 PM
I'm all about Hungarian food now that I have a Hungarian in the house. :grin: This brand of spice is great. Anyone ever seen it? The hot paprika is much hotter than I imagined it would be. Great flavor too. Their fish rub is incredible as well. I want to get the whole line of products.

http://columbiaspice.com/prideofszeged.html

KC
02-25-2013, 09:53 PM
Man, now I am Hungary.

oceanloverOH
02-25-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm all about Hungarian food now that I have a Hungarian in the house. :grin: This brand of spice is great. Anyone ever seen it? The hot paprika is much hotter than I imagined it would be. Great flavor too. Their fish rub is incredible as well. I want to get the whole line of products.

http://columbiaspice.com/prideofszeged.html

My tummy can't take *extreme* heat, but a little spiciness is wunderbar. So....hopefully your Hungrarian housemate will teach you how to make an authentic goulash and you will share the recipe? Pleasepleaseplease?

Peter1469
02-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Spices are good for you!

Mister D
02-25-2013, 10:03 PM
My tummy can't take *extreme* heat, but a little spiciness is wunderbar. So....hopefully your Hungrarian housemate will teach you how to make an authentic goulash and you will share the recipe? Pleasepleaseplease?

The goulash has come up! I will certainly share it when I watch him do it. This weekend, however, I am making his stuffed cabbage recipe.

Chloe
02-25-2013, 10:05 PM
The goulash has come up! I will certainly share it when I watch him do it. This weekend, however, I am making his stuffed cabbage recipe.

I like cabbage a lot, but I love bok choy.

Mister D
02-25-2013, 10:12 PM
I like cabbage a lot, but I love bok choy.

I was looking for a way tro gte more cabbage in my diet. This is it. It comes out all tender and steeped in meat and tomato juices...so tasty.

Peter1469
02-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Corned beef and cabbage is the best.

Mister D
02-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Corned beef and cabbage is the best.

Definitely doing a boiled dinner this year around St, Patrick's Day.

oceanloverOH
02-25-2013, 10:21 PM

I tried a stuffed cabbage rolls recipe I found online a couple weeks ago. Hubby loved it, but for me it was just *OK*....came out too sweet or something. Please, would you ask him if he minds if you share his recipe for stuffed cabbage rolls with a nice middle-aged old broad in Ohio?

Mister D
02-25-2013, 10:24 PM
I tried a stuffed cabbage rolls recipe I found online a couple weeks ago. Hubby loved it, but for me it was just *OK*....came out too sweet or something. Please, would you ask him if he minds if you share his recipe for stuffed cabbage rolls with a nice middle-aged old broad in Ohio?

No problem. I will forward it in a few days. It seems easy enough.

Mister D
03-02-2013, 04:38 PM
So I tried the stuffed cabbage. The Hungarian is out skiing for the weekend so I was unable to ask any questions. I didn't fare badly. I went by memory but I probably missed a few minor details which, when taken together, make a significant difference. For one thing, I my pot was too small. I should have used the 6 quart cast iron.