PDA

View Full Version : What does OPEC gain from an anti-white strategy ?

littlejohn
02-26-2013, 04:53 PM
I was reading an article which included this and could not find the rationale in Al-Mansour's proposal. Thought i would throw it out here to see what eye openers may be available;

"Al-Mansour, 39, for several years has urged the rich Arab kingdoms to
cultivate stronger ties to America’s blacks by supporting black businesses
and black colleges and giving financial help to disadvantaged students.
In September, Al-Mansour said, he presented a proposed special aid program
to OPEC Secretary-General Rene Ortiz when he visited OPEC headquarters in
Vienna. Al-Mansour urged the establishment of a fund that would provide
$20-million per year for 10 years to aid 10,000 minority students each
year, including blacks, Arabs, Hispanics, Asians, and native Americans.”

"
this may be a more appropriate post for "world affairs" -- if so please move it, or let me know and I will move it.

KC
02-26-2013, 04:59 PM
I was reading an article which included this and could not find the rationale in Al-Mansour's proposal. Thought i would throw it out here to see what eye openers may be available;

"
this may be a more appropriate post for "world affairs" -- if so please move it, or let me know and I will move it.

I think your post is appropriate for Gender, Sexuality and Race Room, you're fine. Can you please provide a source for the bit you quoted above?

Alif Qadr
02-27-2013, 05:39 AM

"

Call me gullible but this has nothing to do with an anti-White or anti-Caucasian sentiment. Al-Mansour is simply being a Muslim by giving aid to those who are unable to do for themselves, this is Zakat or what is translated into the English language as Charity. Personally, I commend what he is doing.
As to not including White Americans into his venture, it may have something to do with what is portrayed through media and the society as a whole in reference to accessibility to finance.
By the way, Arabs, those who most recognize as Arabs, though there are also Black Arabs are considered White and Caucasian.

Cigar
02-27-2013, 08:03 AM
:rollseyes:

KC
02-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Call me gullible but this has nothing to do with an anti-White or anti-Caucasian sentiment. Al-Mansour is simply being a Muslim by giving aid to those who are unable to do for themselves, this is Zakat or what is translated into the English language as Charity. Personally, I commend what he is doing.
As to not including White Americans into his venture, it may have something to do with what is portrayed through media and the society as a whole in reference to accessibility to finance.
By the way, Arabs, those who most recognize as Arabs, though there are also Black Arabs are considered White and Caucasian.

I think you are right about this, Alif. Not to mention it's often taken for granted in today's world that whites are more privileged than other groups, so I'm sure the intentions were rightly placed.

Mister D
02-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Privileged?

KC
02-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Privileged?

Yes, it's a commonly held belief. Not to say that it's always true, but culturally it persists.

Mister D
02-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Yes, it's a commonly held belief. Not to say that it's always true, but culturally it persists.

Oh, it's common on college campuses for sure. That said, I don't feel particularly privileged that my father stayed with my mother and raised a family. I don't feel particularly privileged that he provided well for us. I don't feel particularly privileged that my people created a society that enabled my father to do so. I don't have special advantages over others because I'm white. That's simply nonsense.

Mister D
02-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Anyway, I also think what Al-Mansour is doing is probably well intentioned. So are the tremendous efforts our government had made on behalf of blacks and Hispanics.

KC
02-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Oh, it's common on college campuses for sure. That said, I don't feel particularly privileged that my father stayed with my mother and raised a family. I don't feel particularly privileged that he provided well for us. I don't feel particularly privileged that my people created a society that enabled my father to do so. I don't have special advantages over others because I'm white. That's simply nonsense.

Unfortunately I think the idea of white privilege isn't limited to college campuses either. I've been hearing about it all my life.

Mister D
02-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Unfortunately I think the idea of white privilege isn't limited to college campuses either. I've been hearing about it all my life.

So have I but I heard it most often there. It was dogma.

Mister D
02-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Let me add that the fact that so many blacks in the US are raised to believe in such a concept poisons race relations.

KC
02-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Let me add that the fact that so many blacks in the US are raised to believe in such a concept poisons race relations.

Yup, and if anything perpetuates their conditions. Having a concept like that shifts the locus of control to something external, which isn't very useful if there are any internal problems that need to be taken care of.

Mister D
02-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Yup, and if anything perpetuates their conditions. Having a concept like that shifts the locus of control to something external, which isn't very useful if there are any internal problems that need to be taken care of.

Well said.