PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao Wins Again.....

MMC
11-13-2011, 02:14 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ap-pacquiao-marquez

LAS VEGAS (AP)—Manny Pacquiao escaped again, in a decision that left Juan Manuel Marquez fuming once again.

In a bruising battle against a counterpuncher who was both accurate and fast, Pacquiao needed the final round on two scorecards to pull out the win. He got it, even though a third judge scored the round in favor of Marquez.

Pacquiao won the 144-pound (65-kilogram) fight on two scorecards, while the third ringside judge had it a draw. Marquez was so upset after the decision was announced, he stormed out of the ring.

One ringside judge had it a 114-114 draw, while two others favored Pacquiao by 115-113 and 116-112. The Associated Press had it 114-114.....snip~

Looks like they gave the fight to Paquiao. All thats left for him is Mayweather and I don't think he stands a chance with against him. Mayweather wont' go for that pound for pound shit Paquiao is putting out there. He barely could handle Marquez if not lost this fight. He dgot the worst of it. IMO that is.

Conley
11-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Did you watch the fight MMC?

If you didn't then how do you know he couldn't take Mayweather?

Mayweather got away with some cheap stuff against really bad fighters like Mosely. This is Pacquiao's first bad night in forever....and Mayweather keeps ducking Pacquiao so who knows if that fight will ever happen. I do feel badly for Marquez if he was robbed (I haven't seen the fight) because I've seen it happen too many times. Good thing about the UFC last night was that the judges weren't involved.

MMC
11-13-2011, 08:47 AM

Mayweather got away with some cheap stuff against really bad fighters like Mosely. This is Pacquiao's first bad night in forever....and Mayweather keeps ducking Pacquiao so who knows if that fight will ever happen. I do feel badly for Marquez if he was robbed (I haven't seen the fight) because I've seen it happen too many times. Good thing about the UFC last night was that the judges weren't involved.

Yeah, I saw some of the footage it's like they were saying Marquez seems to have the clearer punches. Kept hitting Paquiao with that right every time he was stepping in. At worst it should have been a draw. if not a Marquez win.

Conley
11-13-2011, 08:52 AM

Yeah, I saw some of the footage it's like they were saying Marquez seems to have the clearer punches. Kept hitting Paquiao with that right every time he was stepping in. At worst it should have been a draw. if not a Marquez win.

For me it's tough to tell if they are going to just show edited clips. Sometimes the judges seem to be watching a different fight though. One thing Pac Man always seems to get points for is throwing a lot of punches, even if they don't do a lot of damage.

MMC
11-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Anything close tho they going to give it to the Champ. Marquez should know that! :)

Conley
11-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Anything close tho they going to give it to the Champ. Marquez should know that! :)

That and you should never leave it up to the judges especially in a close fight.

gitazz
11-16-2011, 04:38 AM
I thought it was a slim victory for Manny just like it was scored. More punches landed by Manny. And Marquez was too conservative in rounds 9-12, he was told during that time that he was winning the fight so I think thats why he was taking it slow and just trying not to get knocked down and turned up his Defense. Thats when Pacquiao took over the fight and won, but winning those 4 rounds. I think that was the only reason Manny shouldve and did win the fight by a slight victory

Conley
11-16-2011, 09:16 AM
I thought it was a slim victory for Manny just like it was scored. More punches landed by Manny. And Marquez was too conservative in rounds 9-12, he was told during that time that he was winning the fight so I think thats why he was taking it slow and just trying not to get knocked down and turned up his Defense. Thats when Pacquiao took over the fight and won, but winning those 4 rounds. I think that was the only reason Manny shouldve and did win the fight by a slight victory

That makes sense, good analysis. Marquez did well the first half but he didn't close the deal. A "tie" goes to the Champ and Marquez just fell a little short.

GRUMPY
11-16-2011, 09:52 AM
well bravo conley for politely calling out mmc on his bs commentary....he didn't see the fight, but he saw "some footage"....traditionally you have to take the belt from the champion and that is hard to do as a counter puncher allowing the champ to be the aggressor....the glaring historical exception to this is my mind hagler v leonard......and i watched that fight....

MMC
11-16-2011, 02:12 PM
well bravo conley for politely calling out mmc on his bs commentary....he didn't see the fight, but he saw "some footage"....traditionally you have to take the belt from the champion and that is hard to do as a counter puncher allowing the champ to be the aggressor....the glaring historical exception to this is my mind hagler v leonard......and i watched that fight....

Funny you would jump into something like this to say some stupid shit. "What".....U didnt fucking listen to the announcers calling the fight. I would even have to take Lampely's assessment over this smack you are talking. Yeah that footage was what U-Tube had up on their site. What ya going to say they didnt have the whole fight up. What a moron. Next time you talk some shit back up your play. Old man! All the ringside announcers called it. All stated Marquez hit Paquaio with the clearer of the shots. Which does not mean anything. As others and I clearly stated Marquez needed to finish.

I also saw the Hagler/Leonard fight as well Hearns/Leonard and Hearns /Hagler fights.

GRUMPY
11-16-2011, 03:38 PM

Funny you would jump into something like this to say some stupid shit. "What".....U didnt fucking listen to the announcers calling the fight. I would even have to take Lampely's assessment over this smack you are talking. Yeah that footage was what U-Tube had up on their site. What ya going to say they didnt have the whole fight up. What a moron. Next time you talk some shit back up your play. Old man! All the ringside announcers called it. All stated Marquez hit Paquaio with the clearer of the shots. Which does not mean anything. As others and I clearly stated Marquez needed to finish.

I also saw the Hagler/Leonard fight as well Hearns/Leonard and Hearns /Hagler fights.

pinhead the point is and don't confuse this with the point on your head, the point is that YOU did not see the pac man fight and were therefore talking out your arse son.....

MMC
11-16-2011, 04:35 PM

pinhead the point is and don't confuse this with the point on your head, the point is that YOU did not see the pac man fight and were therefore talking out your arse son.....

Hey dip shit they had the whole fight on U-Tube. What are you a moron. I watched a few of the videos by round. So how thats point lookin sticking out ya azz. What a dumbfuck!

BTW moron.....that was the whole fight they were showing by rounds. U do know what by rounds means.....Correct? But I noticed how you were so up on it that night. Should have been around then and not talking shit after the fact.

GRUMPY
11-16-2011, 07:20 PM
so you have gone from watching some footage to watching the whole shabang on utube....next thing i know you'll tell me you were at ringside....regardless you wouldn't have a clue as to what you were watching.....

MMC
11-17-2011, 02:49 AM
so you have gone from watching some footage to watching the whole shabang on utube....next thing i know you'll tell me you were at ringside....regardless you wouldn't have a clue as to what you were watching.....

Yeah like I didnt have a clue as how to play Chess. Tell you what Grumpy. You can be a Legend in your own mind. I have forgot more about fighting than you even knew in your whole entire life.