PDA

View Full Version : Mother Nature wins again

donttread
10-26-2019, 08:22 AM
My son and I went hunting yesterday. On my first watch I first of all had to do some housecleaning in the blind because a Porcupine had apparently been utilizing it. If you have ever been around say a camp that Porkys have broken into you know that they challenge geese in terms of the amount of shit they can produce.
So then I settled into the blind for my watch and noticed what I thought was a bug on my hand and went to crush it with the other hand but it would not crush. That means tick and sure enough it was it was so I tried to crush it between my fingernails and it wound up under one of them. I threw it down with an unspoken agreement that it had battled well and would be allowed to live if it stopped bothering me. All while trying not to move much.
I get settled again and the woods becomes quiet and all is now right with the world and THEN a Blue Jay lands on a branch a few feet from me with a berry in it's mouth staring into the blind. I remained very motionless and was in full camo because Blue Jays are very noisy birds when they get wound up. But somehow it saw me and for at least 5 minutes it hopped from branch to branch scolding me and letting everything in the forest know that something wasn't right. I think maybe it wanted to come into or on top of the blind.
So defeated I tipped my hat to the forest and moved moved on.

Just AnotherPerson
10-26-2019, 08:32 AM
Well you are a birder right!? ;) What a shot close up Blue Jay with a berry in it's mouth. Kind of a treat, even if it's not the treat you were after.

donttread
10-26-2019, 08:34 AM
Well you are a birder right!? ;) What a shot close up Blue Jay with a berry in it's mouth. Kind of a treat, even if it's not the treat you were after.

Well that's a positive spin. I'll go with that, thanks.

Common
10-26-2019, 09:16 AM
Dontread I hope you eat what you kill, I have disdain for hunters who kill and just leave it

FindersKeepers
10-26-2019, 10:19 AM
Bambi lives another day.

Yippee!

Ethereal
10-26-2019, 12:52 PM
The mystic fox of the cosmos approves...

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/49/20/ab/4920ab2cebbad19bc51483de26533323.jpg

mamooth
10-26-2019, 01:32 PM
I always cheer for the hunters. There are too many deer, and they eat too much, making it tough for forests to regenerate.

Tahuyaman
10-26-2019, 06:40 PM
Mother Nature wins again
We can’t control Mother Nature. All we can do is adapt.

Admiral Ackbar
10-26-2019, 06:45 PM
Dontread I hope you eat what you kill, I have disdain for hunters who kill and just leave it

Amen. That is not hunting it is just killing if you are not taking it.

Tahuyaman
10-26-2019, 06:49 PM
I’ve never seen or heard of a hunter who just kills and leaves. Even trophy hunters give the meat away to someone who can use it.

Mister D
10-26-2019, 06:52 PM
I’ve never seen or heard of a hunter who just kills and leaves. Even trophy hunters give the meat away to someone who can use it.

Same here. I have heard of guys who shot a deer but can't find it afterwards.

Tahuyaman
10-26-2019, 06:55 PM
Same here. I have heard of guys who shot a deer but can't find it afterwards.

That happens. I’ve shot a duck or pheasant and couldn’t recover them for whatever reason.

Mister D
10-26-2019, 06:56 PM
That happens. I’ve shot a duck or pheasant and couldn’t recover them for whatever reason.

I haven't had duck in ages. I may have to splurge.

Cotton1
10-26-2019, 06:58 PM
Its not any of my business what others do but killing is killing.

Tahuyaman
10-26-2019, 07:35 PM
I haven't had duck in ages. I may have to splurge.
Duck, goose and pheasant..... Oh My.

Tahuyaman
10-26-2019, 07:36 PM
People need to eat.

Lummy
10-26-2019, 10:56 PM

It's that aghast look of surprise on a potato when you suddenly throttle it, cut its eyes out and chop it up in pieces -- it's priceless -- OMG love it!

Cotton1
10-27-2019, 05:00 AM
It's that aghast look of surprise on a potato when you suddenly throttle it, cut its eyes out and chop it up in pieces -- it's priceless -- OMG love it!

Lmao × 100. Lummy, you are a rock star !

bulletbob
11-25-2019, 02:38 AM

Its rare but it happend some are only after horns .